Chapter 54

You believe me now, don’t you?

Tina's P.O.V

 

I don't know what was happening on the roof at the moment. But whatever I was thinking, I must have been stupid to do stuff like that. What if she wasn't ready for it?

After that moment happened, we both didn't know what else to do so I dismissed the musican and we both just went back down to our room quietly. I wish I had hold her hands when we walked back to the elevator as well as back to our room. But I guess I won't have that chance anymore. 

We're now back into our room but we just don't talk much. However, I can still see Aom's scarlet blush on her cheeks, which means, she hasn't forgotten that moment yet. Of course, neither have I. 

"I'm gonna use the shower first, if you don't mind." Aom speaks in a low voice.

"Sure." I clear my throat before asnwer her. 

Then without another word, she walks straight into the bedroom.

I exhale heavily as much as I can because I've never felt anything like this in my entire life. It doesn't feel awkward, but it doesn't feel right either. It just feels like.... something that I don't know whether I am right or wrong at doing the thing I just did at the moment. I feel like she might want to distance herself from me. Just in case she does, I don't know what I should do. 

"Tina?" Aom calls from the bedroom, which awakes me into the reality immediately from the living room. 

"Yes?" I reply her without any hesitation.

"Can you come in for a moment?" Aom raises her voice. 

"Uh, sure." Then I slowly walk into the bedroom while she's still in her dress. She's the most beautiful person I've ever seen alive. Yet, she's staring at herself with the reflection of the mirror. I wonder if she sees herself the same way like I do.

She then turns to me, finally knows that I am in here with her.

"The dress is just hard to it back. Will you help me?" She smiles, and turns her back to me without getting my answer.

"Yeah sure." I walk straight to where she's standing as she's revealing her back to me.

She grabs all of her hair to the front in order to make the ping easier for me. Her half-bared-back is flawless. It looks so smooth. I wish I could run my fingers on it, but I can't.

"How did you manage to zip it up?" I've finally found a question to cut out the way I'm feeling.

"The dress is hard to zip but hard to . As you've already seen, it only reaches half of my back. So yeah, it was fine for me to zip it." She shrugs.

"I see."

Then I place my hand on her zipper and the dress down to the bottom. Of course, I've been closing my eyes the whole time just in case I see something I shouldn't. I guess I've made a right decision.

"Did you open your eyes?" Aom asks just as she's trying to hold the dress to herself when she turns to me. 

"No, I didn't." I look away.

"Oh yeah, did they get any clothes for my night-wear?" 

"I think they're all in the closet." I still look away, too hard to look at her doing like that. 

I can feel her giggling a little.

"I'm gonna use the shower now then." Then without another word, she walks straight into the bathroom, leaves me standing alone in front of the mirror where she was standing a while ago.


Don't be stupid. She was just unable to it herself.

That's what I've been telling myself the whole time when she's in the bathroom. She's still showering herself, and I'm still in the bedroom. Basically, I'm sitting on the bed, trying to ask myself some personal questions. She perfectly knows how I feel for her, but then why did she ask me to do such a thing for her? I somehow don't get it. 

I shake my head as a disapproval to my earlier thoughts. Why would I think about it? Nonsense. 

Then the image of our first kiss flashes back into my memory. It's still fresh; it's still new, yet it feels like it has happened ages ago. How much I wish I could go back in time just to feel it again. I hope it wasn't our first and last kiss. I hope she still gives me chances to prove myself even if I acted so harsh earlier. 

"Tina?"

Aom calls out form the bathroom, and I'm suddenly awake from her call. Oh boy, where have I been?

"Yeah?" I stand up.

"Do you mind getting some clothes for me?"

"Uh, sure." Then I walk to the closet to get some clothes for her.

I guess my staffs are pretty good at picking clothes for night-wear, because they're not actually pajamas, but more like random t-shirts and shorts. At least, I can survive with these. 

I hurriedly pick up another white t-shirt and a pair of pink shorts for her immediately as she's waiting. 

*Knock knock knock*

I knock on the door to let her know that I'm finally at the front door, ready to hand her some clothes, but somehow, she hasn't responded me. 

"Aom?" I call out and she still hasn't replied. 

"Aom, are you okay in there?" I knock again. 

After a few seconds, the sound of her voice finally comes out. 

"Hang on, let me wrap myself first. I've just found a towel." 

"I thought something happened on you!" I shout at her and she just giggles. 

"Oh Tina, what could have happened on me when you're around? You're as stupid as ever." Then she opens up the door. 

Okay, Aom in a beautiful is pretty stunning, and I almost fainted when she was in that dress. And now? Aom in a towel? Why do I have so much to see of such a beautiful person in just one evening?

"My clothes?" Aom asks to wake me up from my imagination. 

I clear my throat before answering her. 

"Here." 

Then she takes them without replies, but just a smile then disappears back into the bathroom. 


"Tell me, when was this hotel built?" Aom asks me just as I'm drying my hair. Of course, I've already showered, thank god that she still didn't wrap her towel in front of me again when I was out. 

"Your dad has always been with mine. Why don't you ask him?" I reply as I turn off the hair dryer off then sit on the chair in front of the mirror in front of the bed, in the exact opposite to her, since she's sitting on the bed. 

She sighs, as if she doesn't want to hear about her dad. 

"What's the point of asking him once you're here with me?" 

I sigh heavily as well. 

"Um, I forgot about the exact time already, but I think it was built 6 or 7 years ago. Newly-opened." I smile. 

It takes a few seconds for the words to sink into her brain. 

"I see." She's still lost into her thoughts. 

"What are you thinking?" I ask immediately.

She first looks at the floor then turns to me. 

"I had to move to here when we first met, you know. It was your dad who gave my dad the work so that my family could survive. I think this is the hotel that my dad had the opportunity to prove himself." 

It catches me by surprised by how the things turn out this way. This is more like a coincedence, but more like a faith. A faith that brings her to me. 

"Really? How fascinating! We're meant to be by faith" I grin but she doesn't. 

"Yeah, but faith might someday destroy us. Who knows what's coming?" she smiles weakly. 

"If faith directs me to you, I don't care what other factors can do to me. I need you." 

She stands up and walks to me. She gently pulls my head to her belly and let me rest on her. 

"I don't want to think how we might be separated, but if we have to be, don't hate me, okay? You have to remember that whatever I do, it's for your sake."

Then I try to turn my face to look up to her, but she forces me to stay still. 

"But... what are you talking about? Why are you talking about separating? We're still gonna be together. I am yours forever, remember?" 

"I'm just telling you if this kind of occasion happens." Then she hugs my head tighter. "I hate to pretend that I am tough. I surrender. I love you, Tina. I really am in love with you without realizing myself. And I just don't understand why just one stupid dream can lead me to you this way. Just crazy!"

"A dream? Why are you suddenly changing the topic? We haven't done talking about that thing yet." 

"No, there's nothing to discuss about. And you know what, I once dreamt about you, and the next thing I did when I woke up the next day, was wonder about you. I don't know what was wrong with me, but you were there inside my head all the time. I kept looking for you, wanting to be with you like I'd never wanted to be with anyone else. That was when I realized that I liked you. I was surprised myself that I gave up the negative thoughts about tomboys, and instead, I ended up liking one of them. And that one was you.

Then days passed by, you kept doing things that I never expected anybody could do to me. Why would you buy a bottle of perfume and put a ring inside it? Why would you do such thing to me? I ended up being crazily in love with a stupid person like you just because all ever you did was sweet. I hate you." 

Then I stand up, and hold her face in my palm. 

"You deserved what I did, okay? You should be the only one I can ever be sweet to."

She closes her eyes, and when she opens them up again, her eyes are filled with doubts. 

"Can I ask you two questions?" 

I half-smile. "Sure. Anything you wanna know." 

"How did you fall in love with me?" 

I laugh weakly, but I still have to answer this sort of question. 

"We have histories together, which begun when we were kids, you know." 

"I wanna know more." Then she places her head on my chest. 

I lean down to inhale the scent of her hair. 

"For some reasons, I don't know myself either. I've never dated anyone before, as you might want to know. Never once in my life have I ever dated anyone. You can ask P'Air for that. You want to know why? Because I tried to wait for the little girl who I fell for when I was a kid, and I kept waiting for her to come back to me. I once thought that that little girl would come into my life again, and she does. Though the day I first saw you, I wasn't sure that she was you because the little from the point I remember, was such a silent girl, and yet, you're opposite from who you were when you were little. You're nasty and such, but still, I liked you at first sight. I know, I shouldn't have taken love at first sight seriously because it's just an impression.

I kept telling myself that every time I met you. I even denied everyone that I had nothing for you, but deep inside I knew I had somehow found the right one. Though a part of me still wanted to wait for that little girl because I didn't know that you were her. I didn't give myself to you completely until the day I found out that you are her. Destiny brought you back to me; that's when I believed that the little girl that I'd waited for so long finally came back to me." I try to smile. "Did I answer your question?" 

"Yes." She smiles weakly but beautiful. 

"What's the other question you want to ask me?" 

"It might sound stupid." 

"Let it be." I smile. 

She taks another heavy sigh. 

"Will you kiss me again?" 

Then without another word, I hold her face in my palm, and gently pull her face closer to mine as I'm leaning down.

Again, our lips touch each other, and this time, we're more experienced, and we perfectly know what we're doing. She kisses me harder and harder until she has to touch me so hard.

"I did my best." I say that as I'm pulling her away from me.

"I'm sorry." 

"I don't want tonight to end." 

"Neither do I. I wish it stayed forever." 

"Can I ask you back one question?" I take a deep breath. 

"Anything." She whispers. 

"You have to know that the thing I'm about to ask you takes all my guts that I have just to lay it out. You can either accept it or just walk out from me. If you do walk out from me, I totally understand that you don't want it."

Aom seems fine with it. 

"Just ask me, Tina." 

"I'm asking you, Aom, to be my first girlfriend ever and last. I want people to acknowledge about you and I. I want us to be approved. I love you, and you said you love me. Nothing really matters now." I cup her hand. 

She looks down on the floor again. 

"You want to be the love of my life without having any regrets at all? What if I have to leave you someday?"

"I don't care. I will follow you." 

"What if I can't be followed by anyone?" 

"Then I won't follow you. I just follow to where I wanna go then. And that's where you are." 

"You're sure?" 

"Undoubtedly sure." 

"Close your eyes then." 

For a second, I think she's going to say no. But then... I can feel a gentle touch of her lips on mine. 

"Yes." Then she hugs me tightly, never lets me go.