Chapter 55

You believe me now, don’t you?

Author's Narrative

 

Humans are born to be paired. Even animals like birds have their pair, so why can't Tina find her own partner? She has found her eternal; she has found the right one to be with. She feels so right just to be with Aom. Absolutely right. 

Both of them are pretty shy at each other first, but then, the shyness is overcome by the bravery. If none of them is brave, their further cannot be taken in action. 

When Aom said yes to Tina, the whole world suddenly changes into a new color to Tina. It's no longer blue, yet it's become beautiful as if someone has just painted her world into a new color. She believes that person is Aom. She's no longer available. She's taken. She loves this thought. She can tell anyone who tries to stalk her that she's finally taken, and that someone should back off. 

When Aom hugs Tina, Tina can feel the love filled everywhere inside her organisms. Every touch means the world to Tina. As they're breaking each other off, Aom cups Tina's face without any hesitation.

"I love you." 

"And I you." Tina smiles back. 

As they're standing there, Aom's eyes have become heavy which makes her realize that she is actually exhausted than she has expected. Why didn't she realize earlier?

"Are you tired?" Tina seems to realize that Aom isn't herself anymore. More like a tired Aom. 

"A little." Aom yawns and Tina knows what to do.

"Then sleep. I'll sleep at the couch in the living room. If you need anything, just call me, okay?" Tina smiles then plays with Aom's head. 

Then she kisses Aom on the cheek and walks away from Aom until Aom grabs her wrist. 

"I didn't ask you to leave, Tina. There's a huge space available on the bed. Why should you leave?" 

"I think it's not appropriate to sleep in a bed with just only two of us like that." Tina pulls her eyebrow together. 

"But no one's gonna see us, remember? Please?" 

Tina sighs heavily. "For you." And she nods.

Aom grins widely and runs to the bed immediately, and Tina follows. As Tina is setting herself on the edge of the bed, Aom is already in her blanket. 

"I thought you were exhausted. Why are you becoming so energetic?" Tina smirks. 

Aom rolls her eyes. "Because I've never slept in a bed with anyone besides my mother." 

"What about your dad?" 

"No." Aom shakes her head. 

"I see." Tina scratches her head.

"Come closser to me, sweetie." 

"Did you just call me sweetie?" Tina grins as she's walking to Aom. She quietly slips into the blanket and lay herself beside Aom then Aom places her head on Tina's chest just as Tina's placing her hand on Aom's shoulder. 

"I'm trying to be sweet." Aom giggles. 

"So not you." 

"Learn to get used to it, then." Aom complains. 

Tina giggles. "I'll try." 

Then they both lay there without any word being spoken. They both feel like they want to stay like this forever, and yet, exhaustion rushes into Aom again. 

"Tina?" 

"Yes?" 

"Will you sing me to sleep?" 

"Close your eyes." And Aom does. 

A few seconds later, Tina starts humming the melody that Aom isn't sure she's heard it before. The humming gets softer and Aom still has no idea about the melody. It sounds so nice yet it's so sad. 

"Tina... I've never... heard..." Aom tries to force herself into a talk but she's too tired to even move her lips. 

Tina's giggle breaks her humming. "No, you shouldn't have heard it before because this is the song I've written for you. Only you. You inspired it."

Without any replies, Aom has finally fallen asleep. The last thing she heard was "Sleep tight, my only love."


When Tina opens back her eyes, it's already dawn. The so little light makes it almost impossible to see everything in the room completely even if Tina tries to concentrate to see. She doesn't want to turn on the lamp because it might bother Aom. By thinking of Aom, she is sure that Aom was sleeping on her chest before they all fell asleep, but Aom is nowhere to be found nearby her. Then she realizes that she's in the bed alone. Where can Aom go at this hour?

She quickly rises from the bed immediately then turns on the lamp and gets out of the bed. Of course, Aom can be in the bathroom as well as in the living room or so. She peeks in the bathroom, but Aom isn't there. Without another thought, she quickly goes to the living room to see if Aom is there, and she's right. Aom is standing by the window, losing herself into some thoughts. 

Without knowing what Aom is thinking, Tina walks to her slowly and hugs her from behind. 

"Good morning." Tina whispers quietly. 

Aom doesn't turn her eyes to see Tina though she grabs Tina's hands at her waist. 

"Why did you wake up so early? I thought you like to sleep in." 

"I don't wanna sleep in whenever I'm with you. I feel like it's a lose of time." Tina burries her face into Aom's hair. 

Aom chuckles. 

"What are you thinking?" Tina asks the same question just as she did last night. 

"Nothing in particular." 

They both stare at the beautiful view of the sun in a combination with the dawn without realzing how long it's been. 

"Why didn't you sleep longer?" Tina asks just as the sun is rising. 

"I couldn't sleep, so I went out to make some hot tea. That's all." 

"Hmm." 

Just as Tina opens to say another word, a phone in the room rings. Without any words, Aom breaks Tina's hug and runs to the phone  which is begin charged on the table immediately. It's Aom's phone. 

"Hello?" 

There's a pause. 

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot....... I remember......I do know about it........ uh huh..... don't worry, I'll provide you everything you ask for....... Uh huh..... How long is it gonna take?.......... I see... Out of my expectations...... Yeah.... Yesterday?........ I'm out of town.... Yeah, I think my phone was out of signals, that's why...... Yeah... It's fine.... I'll call you when I get back to town..... Yeah... Thank you...... bye." 

Then Aom eyes at Tina to see if Tina actually is waiting for her or not, and she is. Tina is standing where Aom left her a while ago, not moving even an inch. 

"Why are standing there and looking at me like I'm a prisoner?" Aom chuckles.

"What was that conversation about?" Tina asks, still doesn't take her eyes away from Aom.

"Oh that..... Nothing, really."

"Nothing? Why do I get this sense that you're lying? I mean, who would call at this hour? It's barely 6am, Aom." 

"No, I'm not. And my phone can receive any call at any time, okay?"

"That's very convincing." Then Tina turns away to the window back and leaves Aom standing there looking back at her. 

They both remain silent again, and they both know that they're getting into their first fight as a couple. They don't know how to cope up with one another now that they're finally together. Aom, unlike Tina, likes to be herself more. She doesn't want to show her privacy much even if she dates Tina. Tina, on the other hand, likes to know more about her partner so that she can share every little moment together. She wants to always be there for Aom if Aom ever needs her. 

"If I make you promise me with this request, it's gonna sound like I'm cruel. But now that we're dating, I don't wanna hide about this. I'm a private person, Tina. Of course, I understand you that you wanna know as much as you can about your partner, but it's not like me. There are some certain things that I don't want anyone to interfere in." Aom folds on her arms on her chest. 

Then Tina turns immediately with this comment with a frustrating emotion but she tries to calm herself. 

"You don't trust me?"

"I do but-"

"But you just said you don't want anyone to intefere into your things. That exactly means that you don't trust me!" Tina raises her voice.

"Be reasonable, Tina!" Aom shouts. "Gosh, I can't believe we're fighting over this little thing." 

"The little thing that you've chosen not to share with me. We're supposed to share every little thing together, Aom! And now you're treating me like an outsider!"

"No, I'm not. If you can just calm down and listen to me for one second!" Aom shouts back. "We're now fighting over the thing that we shouldn't be fighting for. How am I supposed to trust us to cope up with each other later on?" Aom lowers down her voice back. "I've chosen not to share you this because it's my own privacy. It's my family's privacy. What? You even want to invade into my family too?" Aom looks back to Tina's eyes.

"What about the thing that you don't want anyone to interfere in?" Tina raises her voice back. 

"Tina, I'm a private person! You need to trust me whatever I'm doing. I'm not a reporter and I don't want to report you everything I do. Really? Are we fighting over this nonsense?"

"Nonsense? You call my care for you as a nonsense? Is that what you're trying to imply?" 

"Now you're making everything worse!" 

Then Tina stays quiet when she realizes that she's actually the one who really made everything go worse. 

"You know what, let's just forget about it. I'm tired of this. I wanna continue my sleep." Then Aom walks straight back to the bedroom without even look at Tina. 

Tina, on the other side, is still standing, wondering what had gotten into her to make her feel like she had to pick a fight with Aom? However, she's still questioning herself why Aom doesn't trust her to let her know everything? Is it selfish to know more about her partner? She shakes her head as if she needs her time too to answer this question. 

She still wants to know who made that call to Aom in this early morning. Was it really a business or something else?

Then she exhales and clears back herself. She trusts Aom, and she knows that Aom trusts her as well. When you're in a relationship, all you need to do is to trust. If you can't even trust, then the relationship is not gonna be healthy. 

Without another thought, she doesn't go to bed, but she heads straight to the kitchen to make breakfast for Aom so that Aom can cool herself down when she wakes up again. Perhaps, Tina will try to find a way to make up.


"Good morning." Tina greets excitedly just as Aom reaches her. 

"Morning." Aom says as she's yawning. 

"Still need to get more sleep?" Tina asks just as she's placing the final omelet on Aom's plate.

Aom takes a seat at the counter, eyes still look at Tina.

"No, I don't think I do. And how do you know to prepare such food?" Aom asks just as she's leaning down to the plate. "And it smells good too." she adds.

Tina giggles. 

"I couldn't sleep, so I made some staffs stock me some ingredients in the fridge for our breakfast. And I searched the internet. It's very convenient for a beginner like me." Tina places her hand on her head shyly. 

"Why didn't you let them do it for us?" Aom asks just as she's placing a piece of omelet into . 

"Because..... I thought.... well.... I thought I wanted to apologize you." Tina replies just as she's walking to take a seat next to Aom. 

Aom puts her fork down, but still hasn't looked at Tina. She suddenly remembers about the fight they had earlier. 

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. They say feelings which can't be put into words are strong ones, and believe me when I say this, I don't know how I can put into words of how much I love you. I've never wanted to lose you, I know, I keep saying this, but I really mean it. I shouldn't have gotten into a fight with you. Not ever. I trust you. But sometimes curiosity kills me too. I can't help it. But I'm really sorry." 

"Thank you for trusting me, Tina. I'm sorry too about not telling you, but it's really my family's privacy." 

"Hush. I know. You don't have to tell me." Tina smiles. 

Finally, both of the people are good again. Tina seems to think that she finally gets better. Aom, of course, is in a better mood. 

"Tina?" 

"Yes?" Tina tuns to Aom with a mouthful of fried egg.

"Uh, don't be mad, okay? I just sort of think that we should head back to town this morning."

Yet, Tina still feels a little bit upset about this. Why of all a sudden?

"Why?" 

"Because it's something about this morning. I have to do something for my parents." 

"Can't they wait until we get back this evening?" 

"It'll be afternoon when we finally reach my home. Please?" 

Tina sighs. "If you must." 

This time, Tina abandons her plate and walks straight into the bathroom to take a shower and gets ready to leave.