Chapter 52

You believe me now, don’t you?

Author's P.O.V

 

The sky is blue; so is the sea. The reflection of the sunset is in a shade of the color of the sand, which is golden white. The sun is setting which leaves the night to take over. The warm air of the day is being replaced by the cold wind of the night little by little. 

People at the beach starts to disappear from the beach one by one; only a couple remains. 

They're holding hands, and walking as if there's no other time for them to walk except now. Now is the perfect time. 

Tina is still smiling to herself knowing that she's finally achieved her goal. Actually, one of her goals. She has set it for a long time ago, and has wondered when this moment would come. Now it does. 

"Why are you smiling?" Aom asks in a low voice. Almost impossible to be heard, but Tina can hear every word she has asked. 

"You don't know how happy I am now that I can do this with you. It takes me one in a million of chances just to be in this position with you. I'm not gonna let go." She smiles again. She smiles to the sand, to the sea, to the sky, and thank god for making this scene possible, for making this scene exist in her memory. 

By knowing this, Aom has become speechless. She's never had any idea that this would mean so much to Tina. How come she never realized this before? Tina appreciates every little thing they can do together, but has Aom? Aom only demands for something big from Tina. Something that Tina has to pay a full attention of her, but Tina, herself, only needs a little interest from Aom. Since when did Aom become this way?

"It means so much to you just because you can hold my hands and walk on the beach together?" 

"It means a big proportion in my life, Aom. I wish you could read my mind because I honestly don't know how to put this feeling into words just for you to hear me." 

Then Tina lets go of Aom's hand, and just leads her to sit on the sand where they can fully see the sunset. Aom follows just as Tina seats herself on the sand. 

"You know what's funny? People only value the big things that their partners can do for them, but they don't realize the little things that their partners do can mean every thing. Sometimes, the time that their partners spend with them worths everything because time is the only thing that we cannot buy, and we cannot pause and return back. Time is valuable. And I appreciate the time that you can spend with me just to make me happy. And I don't need you to do every big task just to show me. I'm an easy person, Aom. I appreciate everything. I don't need you to build me a big ship just to show how much you love me. But the little things you can give me already show me." Tina plays with the sand with her fingers.

"Since when you got to be so good at speaking like that?" Aom is shy enough now that Tina is speaking this way.

"Since the first day I saw you at that cafe shop. The very first day that you got into my car."

"Wrong. Your father's car." Aom corrects. 

"His car is my car, Aom. And quit cutting out the romantic part that I'm trying to build. You know I'm serious with this." 

"I don't know if you are."

"You know now that I am." 

Then there's a silence between them. They don't feel awkward at all. They just simply take the chance to enjoy the view of the sunset with each other's company.

"The sun is setting." Aom whispers as she places her head on Tina's shoulder. Without any hesitation, Tina places her head of Aom's. 

"Yeah, it is. It's beautiful." Tina whispers back. 

"Human's life can't be compared to the sunset, you know. Because its ending isn't always beautiful like the sunset." 

"I agree. But we can make it beautiful if we hold our own destiny." 

"Sometimes, you really can't control it. All you can do is to walk along with it. You know you can't take it, but you just have to." 

"If one has to walk along with the destiny, then the other one can always throw away her destiny just to walk with that one. It's simple." 

Then Aom raises her head from Tina's shoulder immediately and looks at Tina's face.

"What if we had that type of destiny? What if I had to leave you someday?" 

"Then I wouldn't stay at one place. I would find you, and I would follow you. My destiny means nothing without you, Aom. You have to draw my destiny." 

"Can I?" 

"You can." Tina smiles.

"What if I wanted you to stay?" 

Tina is stunt with the idea. She always knows to herself that she will always follow Aom wherever she goes. But what if Aom doesn't want her to follow? What if she wants her to quit?

"That's a hard question." Tina looks considerate while Aom's still eager for the answer. 

"Just answer with Yes or No." 

"I would say no." Tina shakes her head. 

"What if I had to do whatever it takes to get you away from me." 

Tina takes a deep breath before answering this question. 

"I'm a stubborn type of person, Aom. I don't let go the people I love dearly. As long as you still feel the feelings of love for me, I will never quit even if you ask me to stay and never follow you."

Then she cups Aom's face, and that catches Aom by surprise. 

"Wherever you are, that's where I am." Without any agreement from Aom, Tina kisses Aom's forehead. Even if Aom's surprised by this action, she just doesn't show; she simply enjoys the moment they both have. 

Then Tina slowly returns back to look at Aom's face. Aom is just closing her eyes, remaining silent. Tina is just sitting right next to Aom, her face is only inches away from Aom's, and she can feel the warmth Aom's breath hitting on her face. She's looking at her and she wonders why Aom is so beautiful and why she can never find another person like her. Why on earth does she fall in love with her so much until it hurts sometimes?

When Aom opens back her eyes, she notices Tina is staring at her without a word.

"You know your eyes are terribly large when you look at someone like that." 

"I only look at someone this way when I acknowledge that she's beautiful." 

"Very flirty." Aom complains.

"I'm only this way when I'm with you." 

"Stop it. You're always flirty with other people. Not just me. If you weren't, most of the girls in school wouldn't fall for you either." 

Tina shakes her head again.

"No, they don't fall for me. They just hit on me by thinking that I'm a tool to make them look cool. When they find someone who is cooler and more useful than me, they will forget me." 

"You think you're cool?" Aom giggles.

"I think I am awesome." Tina touches her chin to make herself look professional. 

"But you don't think you're weird and all?" Aom looks mockingly at Tina. 

"On second thought, I might be weird with you together." Tina smirks back.

Aom giggles and places her head on Tina's shoulder again, and they just simply take their time to enjoy the rest of their evening together. 


"I told you I don't want to eat here!" Aom tries to get away from Tina's grip as Tina is still holding her wrist as Aom has just finished her showering.

They're both arguing whether they should eat in the hotel's restaurant or eat at the beach like a picnic since there are some places where they put the lamp along. Aom would love to eat at the beach while Tina thinks it's better to stay inside since the night air is pretty chilly and she doesn't want to get Aom sick.

"But it's the best place and I don't wanna get you sick by eating out like that!" Tina explains. 

"I don't care if I get sick! I just wanna go by the beach!" Aom complains. 

"No, you don't. I've already booked a table!" Tina rolls her eys.

"You can always cancel it back!" Aom excuses. 

"No, I can't. A chairman's daughter doesn't go back on her words." Tina smirks. 

"But...!" 

"No buts! I got you a dress for dinner, anyway. It's in the room. Have a check. 10 minutes, Aom. You have 10 minutes to change. I'll wait for you at the diner table." Then Tina releases the grip and walks out of the bedroom. 

The only reason that Aom doesn't want to eat at the restaurant there is only because she doesn't want to wear the dress! Why can't she just wear something simple and eat with Tina? Why does she have to dress formally in order to eat in that diner hall? 

Then she remebers what Tina is wearing. She isn't wearing just a simple T-shirt and a pair of jeans, but she has her white buttoned-down shirt which is tucked in her formal trousers along with a pair of black shoes. 

With a sigh, Aom knows that she has no other choice since she didn't bring any clothes with her, and that dress is the only thing she's got in the closet. Why does life have to be complicated even if when she's on her day off?

When she opens the closet, a long white dress is hanging in it, and a pair of white high-heels are standing by down there. They are so gorgeous, Aom thinks. 

"That's why she's wearing a white shirt." Aom murmurs to herself while giggling to herself as well. Because Tina wants to be paired with Aom. 

Aom has no idea how to staffs can possibly know her size of the dress and her feet, but the dress and the shoes both fit her perfectly. She feels like she's the most beautiful girl who ever exists on earth. Of course, Tina must have observed about Aom and told the staffs to get all her outfits ready. Then she quickly makes up her face a little beacuse the staffs have already placed some expensive make up brands on the table.

When Aom is finally ready, she walks out of the room and gets to the dining room immediately, by knowing that Tina is waiting there. 

"What takes you so long?" Tina complains as she's glancing at the watch first. 

"Because the dress is hard to zip. You weren't there to help me zipping it and I had to do it all myself!" Tina rolls her eyes.

Then Tina turns up to Aom to argue back, but she's stuck. Who is that girl? Why is she standing in front of her? Where's Aom? Or is that Aom? How come she never knows Aom is that beautiful? With this glance, she remembers the first day she saw Aom at Aom's house. Just a normal glance could make her fall in love. Seeing Aom in this dress brings her back a million of memories. 

"Hello?" Aom waves her hand as Tina is looking at Aom like a child who loses her mother. 

"You're so beautiful." Tina smiles as she gets up from her seat. 

"Where's the temper you had a while ago?" Aom is trying to change the topic even though she knows that what Tina has just said makes her blush. 

"It's gone the moment I saw you." Tina holds out her hand for Aom to take hers. "Shall we?" Tina adds.

Without another word, Aom takes Tina's hand and they both head down for a dinner just for two of them.