Chapter XVI

You believe me now, don’t you?

Pei's P.O.V

 

Well, I have never written anything down to tell you anything about me, right? I am Pei and hopefully, you know that I am a best friend of those 2 people. By this meaning, I mean "Tina" and "Aom". I just happened to know Aom longer than Tina. Yes, I know Aom so much. I sometimes can read her expression and I can sometimes tell you what she thinks but I just don't like to mention to other people.

Talking about Aom? It would take me forever to tell you about her. You already know that she's hot, and I can't deny this fact. When we were in high school, we didn't have many people in our class (most likely 40 or 50 at the max). She was sometimes a little bit stupid that she didn't like to talk to anyone (even now) and she sometimes liked to talk to THAT MUCH, playful, you can say. All depend on her moods. However, in high school, she was mostly playful. She played normally with guys not girls. You know why? Because a majority of our classmates were boys. That's why she picked me up as her best friend as well. Since she played much with guys, they kinda easily fell for her and that's not a lie. Many guys liked her and some even confessed to her even by phones. Some took her seriously by confessing in the middle of the school with one of knee down. It seems to me that Aom values love. She has ever liked guys before and I will know if she decides to like the next one. Even though she has liked many guys before, she tended to lose her feelings back from them because of several reasons. it might have been those guys found another girls they liked and that they gave up on Aom or it was Aom herself lost her feelings for them. I wonder to myself too that when she will get a boyfriend? She's beautiful but she has never had a boyfriend. Some people would laugh if they knew.

Until now, she's always been single. I would like to tell you that no girls have ever flirted with her. Yes, I have to clear it out that no girls have ever had a crush on her or flirt with her. Well, just now. I seem to see that Tina pays her attention to Aom though Aom, yes, she's still emotionless to Tina. Like what happened this morning, it was a really bad sign for Tina. She has never acted that to someone she just knows. She acts weirdly to people she just knows for sometimes, but not this weird. Why do I get a feeling that Tina kinda falls for Aom? Not much, as I can see.

Tina has been paying her attention to Aom for this whole studying day and she almost got busted in class for so many times just because of her not paying into the lecturer's lecture course. Sometimes I do think that Tina is kinda predictable, well, kinda like, I can guess what she's going to do next and so on. But sometimes she's not. She's hard to guess for sometimes and she just does something which is totally opposite from what I have thought. Yes, that's good, isn't it? A Too-predictable person is kinda boring because I already know what the person is trying to do and so on.

"I'm gonna drop Aom off at her house. When are you going to go back to your home, Pei?" Tina asks me as we're walking to her car when the school ends.

Oh great, I forget it that my mom is kinda busy today that she has to pick me up late. Repeat, LATE. Whenever she says she'll come to pick me up late, notice it that it'll be at least 1 or 2 hours late. I don't wanna be here alone. 

"Tina, can you drop me off at Aom's house with her? I'm gonna call my mom to pick me up there?" I grin with a hope that she'll say yes. Of course, she's going to say yes.

Right, don't laugh at me. I'm this big, but I have no idea how to ride anything. Bicycles, Motobikes, or even Cars. Yes, poor me. I'm too girlie to know how to ride anything and that my mom is pissed because of this every time.

"Why not? We're going on the same direction, anyway. Hop in the car." she replies me this as she opens her car door.

I expect Aom to open the passenger door at the front but then she asks me to sit at the front while she wants to sit at the back. Well, she's supposed to sit next to her! why me?

On our way home, the atmosphere is absolutely boring because both people don't talk and that bores me. I honestly don't know what to do.

"Aom? How are you today?" Yes, thanks god that Tina finally raises up a question. She's still concentrating on the road but I can tell that she's really paying attentnion to Aom's answer as well.

"Am I in your concern?" - Said Aom. Uh oh, not good. Aom, can you please be nice?

I can hear Tina swallow a bit then continues.

"Of course, who else am I going to concern about?" Tina smiles a bit.

She just stays silent and that's all she can do.

"So, are you going to answer me this question or I should just skip and pretend I didn't ask?" I wanted to ask that too, Tina.

"Not really, I think I'm kinda sick." Well, her voice kinda sounds like that too.

"Oh, then you should just rest, okay? Don't worry about tomorrow if you can't come to school. It'll be fine." Tina smiles and then I turn to look at her face and she is smiling to herself.

"You have never cared of me that much, Tina." I finally have a sentence of my own to talk to them. FINALLY.

"That's because you've never been in this condition to me, Pei" I can hear Tina giggles with her answer.

I take a big exhale to pretend like I am really jealous of Aom.

"Well, even if I had, I'm not sure if you would know about me." I make that flat voice.

Tina laughs again and this time is a littlbe bit louder.

"Well, I would definitely know. You're this talkative, if you're not going to talk, then that means you'll have something wrong inside you." She makes that V-sign by her fingers to me to prove that she wins. Fine, I'll let her win by this time.

After I let Tina wins the match of talking between us, the car has become silent again. I honestly don't know what Aom is thinking that she is acting as if she's a robot like that. It's not easy, right?

I've been wishing to myself that Tina would drive faster so that I can escape this awkward condition. But here she is, driving like a slow poke. She mush have something to talk to Aom, but I kinda sense it that she isn't dared at all.

After a long moment of silences, we finally reach Aom's home, after all. Thanks god. 

Just as we get ourselves read to leave the car, Tina raises up a question again.

"So, will I see you tomorrow?" I know it's for Aom.

"Yeah, there's no reason for me to be absent." Aom replies and Tina just smiles.

We get out of the car and then Tina is away from us.

Aom's mom is still as busy as usual because htis is her business to survive the house. I just get into the house and greets her the way I should. She's still happy to see me after a while I've been disappeared from her house since high school ended.

"Make yourself home" Aom's mom always gives me this quote wheneve I'm in her home and she's just that warm. She still speaks it this time and then she offers me something to eat. Well yeah, I'm kinda hungry because I haven't eaten anything yet after school.

She made me a sandwich and a glass of hot chocolate and that is perfect. 

Aom can't go anyway, of course, because I'm here. She has to stay with me or she wants to. I take a bite of the sandwich while we're sitting at the table pretty far from her mom's counter.

"Hmm, her food is the all-time-best." I nod then Aom giggles.

"That's just because you're hungry." 

"And you're not hungry?" I take another bite.

"No, not really." Then she looks down at her skirt and I know she's thinking of something else again.

"Aom, what's wrong?"

she looks back to the window and then just shakes her head with a short word "nothing".

I put the sandwich down and talk to her like I'm an Aom-expert.

"You must have something in your mind. Aom, come on. It's not like I just knew you yesterday. We've been with each other for years so how come I don't know you?" Yep, I'm talking seriously.

"Have you ever believed in dreams?" her topic has finally come.

"That depends." I smile.

She sighs then continues. "I dreamt of Tina last night."

So that's why she's been that weird to Tina today.

"What was it all about?" I take a swallow of that hot chocolate.

"Well, I jsut dreamt about it that she took me to somewhere else. Somewhere I didn't know." then she stares back to her cup of tea.

I remain silent to wait for her next chapter. haha

"It was kinda weird that she hold my hand so tight in the dream and I could only see her back and she just didn't let go of me. And the image of that scene is still flying around in my head and I have no idea of telling you why." 

I nod a little bit in an agreement and wait for her to continue but she just doesn't so I just have to make my speech.

"It's just a dream, why did you have to make that terrible face today?" I complain.

"I don't know, Pei. I don't know it myself that I made that face until you point it out today. I was just thinking, honestly." 

"It's just a dream, like i said. Why would you have to think about it so much?" I smile.

She shakes her head a little bit andn continues.

"Well, I just think it's kinda weird because I have never dreamt of anything this weird before. This dream is too extraordinary." Then she laughs a little bit. 

I'm about to reply her but then she is called by her mom to help her mom out so that leaves me alone. Her dream is really soemthing and it's kinda cool. I wish to have a dream like this too. And I wonder too if Tina has ever dreamt anything this weird about Aom? Maybe. or Maybe not.