Chapter VIII

You believe me now, don’t you?

 

Chapter VIII

 

Aom’s P.O.V

So, I’ve been asking to myself that “What type of party is this?”. I honestly don’t know what was happening, what their intentions were, and how they wanted it to be like. I just followed the flow and 2 weird things happened on the same row with the same people. I sort of gave Tina a chance to prove me that she was different from other tomboys before this party began. Though by the way she did wasn’t just between a sister and a sister. It was way further than that. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t feel anything about her. But I just dislike what she did this evening. It was so awkward to see her that way. And by the way she let Mean kissed on her cheek was like, she wanted to let Mean fall for her.

“Aom?” the voice of my mother cuts off my thinking.

“Yes mom?” I answered after I woke up from the dreams.

“Didn’t you hear anything earlier?” my mom asks curiously.

It takes me a minute to rethink of what I have heard earlier but seriously, I didn’t hear anything.

“Umm, what is it mom?” I ask curiously.

My mom shakes her head a bit.

“Your phone, silly child. It kept ringing a few minutes ago and I just wonder why you didn’t pick up or even bother calling back. Can you at least feel the vibrate?” I can sense that she speaks with a little bit with her voice.

“I wasn’t paying attention mom. Let me check.” I smile and then she turns away.

I take my phone out of my pocket and have a look of who was calling me at the moment ago.

There are one missed-call and one text left on my iPhone. I check the text first wondering of who that was texting to me.

Hey, this is Tina. I just want to know if you have arrived home or not since you left mine a little bit long ago. Let me know when you get home.

And how did you she have my phone number? We just met yesterday and how can she know about this so quickly while I don’t even open my mouth telling her. Oh yeah, her dad might have told her because he knows everything about my family and me and he might have told her to text me about that.

I text her back shortly just to let her know I’m about to reach home.

Hi. I’m about to arrive home. Tell your parents that I thank you for their considerations of me. Goodnight.

And I send the text. A few minutes later my phone vibrates again and of course, it’s her again.

It’s my consideration! Not theirs! -  she replied.

Aww gee, so what’s wrong with her texting me like that huh?

Whosever. And I need to get myself cleaned and I need to sleep. Thanks for the party today. I’m home now. Goodnight.

I don’t really pay much interest on her anyway. Whether she replies me or not, I really am busy cleaning myself for my bedtime. If these texts are seen by other people, they will just go crazy and say I’m an emotionless robot. Oh well, I’m an emotionless person and everyone says that. And yeah, she just doesn’t reply, I guess I’ll take that as an end of our text.

I have arrived home now and heading to my room is priority. Of course, I don’t usually spend my time with them, not at all, not when I have something to share them.

15mins later

I get myself cleaned and prepare myself for my bedtime by putting some lotions on my body for the nighttime. This is so relaxing! After I’ve done this relaxation-thing, I lie myself on the bed and close my eyes bit by bit. As soon I get my eyes closed, the flash of my phone flashes again with a ring.

I wake up to check who that is again, and you might know it, it’s Tina again.

Can I have a small talk to you for a few minutes? Or I can call you.

Honestly, I don’t like talking on phones. It’s like this activity pisses me off. I won’t talk on phones unless it’s urgent. If it’s unimportant, I prefer texting.

I take a few seconds reply her text.

Just text here, so what’s going on?

I feel so uncomfortable about the party. – she replied.

I think it was fun. Don’t you think so?

It takes her pretty long to answer me this question and I already am sleepy.

You think it was fun?- replied her.

Yeah. I think it’s good that you can have a family reunion and that my family can join yours too. It’s so warm.

It takes her long again to reply me and that starts pissing me off.

Do you feel uncomfortable of me kissing Mean like that?

And what’s wrong with her? She said she wanted to talk to me but then all her talks became questions!

Um, that is none of my business, isn’t it? You kissed your own sister, why would I have to feel uncomfortable?

This time, she replies me quickly.

If you said so then, I’ve bothered you enough. I think you should go to bed. Have a goodnight. Bye. – replied by her.

Oh, so she’s gone now. It makes me want to laugh a little bit. I try to imagine Tina speaking in this voice. It’s like she’s almost mad or something, right? Nah, I don’t really care about it and I just want to ignore it as well. All I want to do now is sleeping. Finally! I can sleep! Yay!

 

Tina’s P.O.V

I wake up in the next morning earlier than my usual-weekend-sleep. It might be because I was sleepless or may be because I was thinking too much.

I still haven’t found myself confortable for what I did yesterday night and the picture of that moment is still flying around my head like an idiot. It’s like I find myself guilty of doing that and I just need to prove it to somebody.

knock knock knock

“Tina? This is Air, can I come in?” since when Air is keen to visit me this early, maybe at 8 or 9?

I clear my voice before I answer to her because my voice isn’t clear at all in the morning.

“Come in, the door isn’t locked.” Then I turn myself to sit on the bed instead of sleeping and Air comes in.

She closes the door quietly and comes to sit on my bed at my legs.

“How are you this morning?” she smiles.

Okay, since when she’s become this nice to me?

“Good.”  I lie.

She shakes her head a bit and then speaks again.

“No, I don’t think you’re good at all. You must have been sleepless last night.” She laughs a little bit in her voice.

“No, I wasn’t.” I lie again.

She laughs now and points to the black spots under my eyes and explains.

“Take a look of yourself in front of the mirror before you decide to lie this thing to me.”

I stay silent and then ask her.

“So what’s wrong today?” I’m confused now.

“Can you guess then?” how am I supposed to know? It’s not as if I can read her mind.

“Nah, just tell me. Is it about my personal issue?” I ask her back.

“Sort of.” She smirks.

I know it! I know she’d speak something about me, and what was happening last night.

“Since when you became that too close to Mean?” she continues.

“I don’t understand.” I pull my eyebrows together to make my face looks more serious.

“You’ve never kissed any other girls beside me and mom. Of course, we’re flesh and blood. And you’ve never done that to any other girls who are not related to you.” She’s getting serious as well.

I stay silent for a while and then I can find a right answer to answer her back.

“Mean is not another girl. She’s our family.” I speak in a low voice.

“She’s apart of our family, and I know that. And I’m not faulting you. It was just too strange that you kissed her. Isn’t it a little bit weird that you’ve never done that her but suddenly you did in in front of everyone like that?” Air Air Air… Air knows me a lot, huh?

“It isn’t as weird as you think it is.” I look away.

“It’s still weird as long as you don’t explain me.” She’s still focusing on my expression.

Oh I give up! I sigh then I explain her back.

“Air, I just found it guilty of not giving her anything at all at the table last night.” I sigh again.

“It’s still not good enough.” She shakes her head a bit.

“Can you at least keep this secret for me? Or at least pretend as if you know nothing after you’ve heard it?” I need to tell her something and that she has to keep this secret of my thoughts for me.

She nods a little bit but I’m kind of uncertain witth that. I make a pinky swear with her to make sure she’ll keep it as a secret for me.

“I sort of think that Mean likes me.” I confess.

“I thought you would say you liked her.” She giggles.

“It’s not funny, Air, and I’m serious with that.” My eyebrows are pulled together again.

“What makes you think she’s hitting on you?” Air raises her voice a bit and that makes me feel sure that she is serious now.

“I don’t know how it was like to feel with her when we were children but she remembers everything about me as a kid. And she’s just so weird about me with Aom too. She acts strangely when I’m with other girls, to sum up.” I finally finish up my sentence.

“Like what?” Air is in a curious mood now.

“I don’t know how to explain this, Air. I just sense it. I just need to give myself some time to analyze this to make sure that I’m correct so that we can talk. All of this is only my assumption.”  I smile.

“You think she likes you and you still kissed her, what’s the point?” she’s continuously asking me.

“I’m just telling you that I would have really felt guilty if I had given her nothing at the table last night.” I said my truth.

“I see.” Finally, she gives up on asking me.

It takes her a few more seconds to come up of the next topic she wants to talk about.

“You seem to get along with Aom, eh?” she’s teasing me now.

“I get along with everyone.” I smile again.

“But not this quick. You seem to all the time you both meet, am I right? It’s like, you just talk to her every time when she’s around.” She smirks.

“I…” well, I also want to tell her something but then a knock on the door disturbs us. That is our maid calling us for breakfast and that I have to clean myself first for it. Air goes down first and I’ll just have to follow her once I’m done.