Chapter XXVI

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

"Are you sure you can still walk?" I ask when we reach the bench that we sat on once we arrived here.

She still manages to smile even though I know that she is still in pain. "Why not? It's not as if I broke my bones." 

I stare at her then decide to get away from her by taking her arm, which is currently on neck, away from me. To my notice, she suddenly falls down immediately to the ground, due to the fact that she had no idea that I was going to do that, that's why she relied her weight on me so much.

"What's the point of doing that?" She's a little bit annoyed and I know that she is no longer in playing mood but I just have to go with the flow.

"Well, you said you could walk, so I'm letting you." I turn away from her without bothering to get down and pick her up back.

She doesn't answer me for a while and I know that she's trying to get up on herself. I thought that she would be mad at me until she walks away without relying on me again but I was wrong. She is still standing up with her own strength but then puts an arm on me.

"Not without you." She finds her self tiring even though it's just a stand up; so, i don't deny her relying on my strength again.

She sits when we finally reach the bench and finally lets go of my shoulders. i find them a little bit painful on my left but I don't bother myself showing that to her because she might think that it's all because of her.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go home now?" I ask.

She presses her liips for a while and that's when I actually notice that she might have something hidden from me about her going back home.

"Would you sti down for a while or you'd rather go back to the car and we go somewhere else until the evening?" She suggests.

"I want both." then i come and sit next to her.

"As stubborn as always." she smiles.

"I don't think choosing all my choices makes me look stubborn unless I decide to make my own options." I stare back to the car.

"Unfortunately, I think everything about you makes me think you're stubborn and even your father thinks so." gosh, she's teasing me again. And how little she knows about my father?

"How did you...." I try to find some informations of why she knows about my father then she finally cuts me off.

"Well, your father talks about you all the time to mine when they have a little chit-chat off from work. It's happened even before I've come to meet you in a real person." she scratches her head as if she's shy to answer the question.

"Like what?" I want to learn more.

"Like... umm, like you're beautiful, you're smart and considerate and everything. I have always wanted to meet you then I was disappointed by the first day I saw you back then." she shakes her head and I'm starting to be pissed at the moment.

I elbow her and then she still shakes her head and continue her sentence.

"Because all that I have learned from you at the very frist day was that you weren't very considerate to me and you were so stubborn and as you are now." she giggles and it turns out that I want to laugh with her too, but I force myself hardly that I almost burst out laughing but still no.

I remain silent because I really don't have any word to reply her back and she's right. I was very mean to her, extremely mean. It's as if I'd never been that mean to anyone before but her. But here I am, sitting a bence alone with her, talking endlessly about everything. She once mentioned that I'm a mood swinger and I don't that it's wrong. I'm just so hard to imagine.

"And I know why you hated me so much on the first day we met." she giggles painfully when she reminds herself back to that day. I know I shouldn't have acted that way to her and I've always found myself regretting about this. What was I thinking back then?

"Tomboys are't all the same." I finally say it. I finally know what is right and what is wrong.

"It would still be a lie if I said I weren't one of them. Tomboys are scary, I admit. Their looks, their personalities and everything." She nods her head and I feel so wrong judging her and treating her like an outsider.

"But you are not that type." I look straight into her eyes and she's still in pain of thinking about herself as scary as those tomboys are.

"That's not what you thought at the first day you saw me. I could tell by just looking at your eyes that day." She turns to look at me.

I turn my eyes' direction from hers to another part while she still continues.

"Don't judge me yet, Aom. You might know someday that I am not a perfect person at all. There are flaws, there are things which might disappoint you." she presses a smile on her lips to show that she actually means it.

"Then I'm gonna have to learn to get over the things." I insist.

She giggles as if she believes that I'm not gonna make it and then she continues.

"Like how?"

"It depends on each story you bring up into my life." I tease back.

"Can you tell me your first perception about all those tomboys which make you hate them so much?" There, this question. I knew it that it was gonna happen someday, and it's happening now.

"Stereotypes... I still believe in myself that they're meant to break all the hearts of their same gender." I look away to the car again.

She takes an exhale then continues.

"Then why did you decide to take it on me?" she seems to be curious and I know she will be dying to know.

"Because I didn't know you back then. Is it wrong to judge you before I even knew you?" I sound so rude but I swear I don't mean to. 

She stares down to her injury, says nothing for a while, losing herself into thoughts she's come up with. I don't expect her to forgive me for such a behavior like that, but she deserves to know every aspect of mine about her.

"It's not wrong, Aom. That's what people do." She smiles and then continues. "That's why I've tried whatever it takes to erase every hatred you had for me before and I could see it changing day by day."

I can't believe she still manages to talk to me nicely after I have relied myself so much on those lame stereotypes while Tina, herself, always stands on her critical thinkings, never letting stereotypes standing in her way. Is it what rich people do? I mean, they still manage to be calm even though what they have heard is almost offending?

"I'm sorry for that. For acting so weird in front of you. I know I should have been better on you than I was in the past." 

"It's okay. I already get over it." she smiles again.

I nod without knowing what to answer next then I finally realize that she hasn't told me the reason why she doesn't want to go home. It's kinda weird for a person not want to be home.

"Anyway, can you tell me now that why you don't wanna go home?" I stand up for another air to breathe leaving her alone on the bench, brighting eyes looking straight into mines in a surprise.

"Oh, that." she exhales again then finally get words out of . "I think my legs now are better and I can walk without using your help, maybe. Can we walk to the garden? We can talk more." She's totally right, she can stand up without using my help though she walks so not natural, at least she's tried.

"We'd better go to the first-aid treatment than going to the garden?" I suggest.

"You think I cannot survive with the injury?" she teases.

"At least you should get a proper cure before deciding to go anywhere else." I roll my eyes.

"As you wish. Can you walk to the car and get the first aid box inside it?" she hands me the key then sits down again. I have no options but to accept the key thenn walk away.

it only takes me 10mins or so to get her the first-aid box then put some medical treatment on her injury. The injury hasn't gotten any better like she has told me but she might finally have adapted to it, to the pain that's why she can stand up properly. 

She shows her grateful to me then begins walking without needing my help. Then we both continue our walk to the garden which is not pretty far from here.

"So? Are you gonna tell me or you'd rather letting me figure out the reason why you don't wanna go home?" I ask curiously as we're walking.

She giggles then answers. "As much as I'd love to tell you why, I would let you guess everything first."

"Why is that so?" 

"Because it makes the story more interesting." she giggles.

"That's not funny." I scoff then she reveals the answer.

"Because I just don't wanna go home, that's it. I wanna spend more time with you." she's still looking focusing on the road without bothering to giggle or smile or anything. 

"My dad insists me to spend more time with you. Don't be curious anymore." she adds and I have felt a little bit relieved and disappointed.

Relieved becuse I'm not the exact reason why she doesn't want to go home. Disappointed because it's what her father tells her to do, not for her own free will to stay by me. It might sound selfish, but I want her to feel like she wants to be with my without being told my anyone. Because I would feel like I'm not wanted, if it's what to answer your question.

"hmm." that's all i can answer because it's quite a big disappointment that she wants to be with me because of her father.

"but I also wanna spend my time with you. Being with you is so peaceful even though we fight, but in a playful way while there are always dramas everywhere except with you." 

We finally reach the grass field over at the garden surrounded by a lake which keeps flowing to anywhere else where I do not have knowledge of. Tina isn't a picky person to where she sits, so we just pick up a spot nearby the lake and relax at anyway we can and keep talking.

"Tina?" 

"Yeah?"

"How many people have you had crushed on, so far? Be honest with me because I just wanna know." I don't point out exactly on the gender; I just wanna know more about her personal details.

She takes a few seconds thinking about the right answer to answer back to me, while I am here, sitting and waiting curiously to her answer.

"5" She finally answers me and I almost lose myself into her answer because she's had so many crushes.

"What are they all like?" I still maintain my normal voice as I'm trying to ask her more.

"They're all like, Who, Where, What, Why, and How." She smiles at the thought of them which brings me unpleasant thought.

"..." I can't talk because I'm choked and I'm obviously waiting for her to add more since her last answer doesn't answer anything at all.

"Who, is what she was born with a nasty characteristics, depending on all stereotypes without juding people by the reality. She's kind-hearted but acting like a devil. I don't know how many people have tasted this kind of behavior of hers, but I like this for sure.

Where, is where she is. She's from a business family that owns a cafe shop right on the same road by my house. She's currently sitting next to me.

What, is what she wants to be who she is. She's not a type of girl who is sweet and she's proud to be herself. She doesn't try to fake herself just because of someone else's sake and instead, she just believes that she's pleased with what she is, rather than faking herself.

Why, is the reason why she's exactly the right reason for me. I can't tell you right now, because it's all a secret upon between me and her. If you wanna know, just go and ask her.

How, is how we both met. We didn't meet socially and she wasn't quite happy either by the first time she saw me. Our parents know each other and so, we were introduced base on the families knowing each other." She smiles lightly just after she's gone way too much about explaining her own reason.

Obviously, she's so frank and she doesn't care to think if I don't like her or not. She doesn't have a crush on 5 different people, but she's having a crush on 5 things about the girl she's mentioning, and that girl is me. 

I find myself choking again, trying to find the right word to talk back to her and I know that she's waiting for my reaction but then she turns to look by the lake without bothering to look at me. It will sound weird, right, if I decide not to reply anything to her. By doing that, she will be convinced that I am shy and doesn't dare to talk back to her.

"So who's that unlucky girl?" I try to sound like playful while she's in a serious condition of talking.

"You." then she looks away.