Chapter XIV

You believe me now, don’t you?

Tina's P.O.V

 

I feel sorry for what has happened, what I have spoken to Mean earlier. I shouldn't have spoken all the words which I knew they were going to kill her from the inside. I should have hided everything inside until the time is right, until I can make sure to myself that she no longer likes me. Though now is too late, she knows I know she likes me and I believe she's not going to give up. Not until she's dead.

Thinking about stuff like this stresses me up a little. I'm not the one who is in pain as well. I look like I'm concerning about Mean again and I want to know how she is right now. But if i have to ask, i'm afriad she would take this confusingly that I care about her in another case again.

As I'm trying to sit alone on the bed, Air comes into my room since the door hasn't been closed yet since Mean left.

She looks a little bit worried as she comes to sit next to me.

"What has happened? Why did I see Mean crying on her way to her room?" curious Air.

I stay silent for a while and I know she's not gonna let me get away from this question so I just have to answer.

"I finaly got to talk to Mean about that thing." I look down to the ground, avoiding her eyes contact.

She sighs a bit then continues.

"I kinda know this was coming but not this soon. We just talked about this this morning, and it came in the evening? Why so urgent?" She shakes her head a bit.

"Air, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah?"

I want to know something and I'm debating myself if i should ask her or not, but since she's waiting, i just have to ask.

"Am I too kind with people around me? Is it this bad that I can make girls fall in love with me? I mean, come on, I'm not obviously a guy." then I look down to the ground again.

She stays silent again for a while and of course, she must be thinking of a right answer to answer me back without hurting my feelings.

"what do you think you have done to make those girls fall in love with you?" she asks me back.

I try to think of my actions and then i get to speak them out.

"I only think of myself doing what I should do to people who deserve to have it from me." I open my eyes widely while i'm thinking.

"That's my point. You're good to everyone because you think everyone deserves it. To be serious, you were too good to Mean when we were younger that's why she keeps all those nice memories inside her head until she lets herself fall for you." she explains.

"but i'm not a guy. why does she have to fall for me?" I complain.

"mentally not but physically yes. listen Tina, Love is not about gender but it's between a heart and a heart. Her heart chooses you while yours tries to get away from hers. I don't get it, either. You made her fall in love with you but then you try to get away.  I don't think i support you with that." she rolls her eyes.

"Air, it's not my intention to do so."

"but you naturally do it." she complains.

"Just tell me what to do next! I honestly don't know what to do!" 

"if you don't wanna see her in pain, don't try to avoid her. Just be who you are, what you normally do to her. Someday, she will totally understand it." she smiles.

"I don't know." i shake my head a little bit.

"Just think of her as your sister that you always care for her. And can i ask you one question back?" she looks straight to my eyes.

i nod then she continues.

"Do you like anyone?" Air smiles a little bit, more like teasing.

"Of course not." I frankly answer her this question.

"Really?" again, she's teasing me.

"I'm serious!" I pull my eyebrows together.

"Well then, I'll be going to my room then. Think carefully what you should act to Mean. Goodnight." then she stands up and walks away to the door and closes it patiently.

Finally, I'm being a troublemaker again.

 

Aom's P.O.V

 

I really enjoyed what I had today. Thanks to Tina for bringing out fromt the shop that's why i could have this much fun. I miss Van a lot and I was so glad that I could see him enjoying his life. We've known each other for so long. Honestly, he used to be my neighbor but then he moved to his uncle's home when his parents died. Poor him that he had to lose his parents at his young age. All I ever did for him was to make him happy because I can never understand his pain. I don't care what other people think of me and him, but I just wanna make him smile. Please don't get me wrong, I just think of myself that it's the least i can do between friends.

Van is just nice to me because he's grateful to have me beside him all the time when he's down so that he tries to give me anything he can afford but you know, I always refuse him. I want him to keep all his belongings to himself without wasting a bit of it.

I don't like bringing people to Van's shop but I didn't know why today that i brought Tina with me. I just know her for a few days and then i brought her to my favorite place and to my best friend.

I actually found it cute when I saw her sneezing all the time because of the allergy of animals' fur. I really enjoyed the moment when she tried to put a mask on her face and avoiding animals. 

I think I start to give away my opinion of hating tomboys then because she's just nice.

"Hey mom." I say to my mom just as when she gets into my room.

We closed our shop a little bit early today because my mom was too tired to handle everything on her own today.

"hey..." she smiles and comes to sit at my legs as I'm lying myself on my bed.

I smile then she continues.

"How was your day?" She always asks me this whenever I'm out with other people excluding her.

"Good." I smile.

"Where did Tina take you to?" 

"Actually, I was the one who took her. I took her to Van's shop." I smile.

"Really? Did they both get along well?"

I giggle a bit then continue.

"Of course, Tina was really well-behaved. Even though she was allergic to animals' fur but she was still smiling." I smile at that imagination.

"Since when you get to compliment tomboys?" My mom teases me again.

"I'm not complimenting on tomboys, but I'm just talking about the fact about Tina!" I complain.

"Really? Then why were you smiling?" my mom laughs a bit.

"I wasn't!" okay, i think i'm blushing.

"Oh well, I'll just pretend I didn't see it then." she teases me again and again!

"Mom!" I raise my voice.

"Fine! then where else did you go?" 

"We actually stayed at Van's the whole day." I stare at the ceiling.

"Wow, didn't I hear Tina was allergic to animals' fur and then you trapped her there for the whole day? did you want her to die there?" she laughs at her own joke again.

"I don't know, and she didn't ask me too." 

"Then do you know why she was this nice to you?" I know she's serious with this question now.

"How am I supposed to know?" I complain.

I suppose my mom is thinking again that's why she doesn't talk.

"Mom?" I call her out.

"yes?" she is shocked to answer me.

"What are you thinking?" 

"Oh, it's nothing. I should get to bed then, I'm a little bit tired today. Goodnight, sweetheart." then she kisses on my forehead and leaves.

Well yeah, she gets a point though. Why would I smile while I was talking about Tina with my mom? Why did I feel like I was blushing when I spoke something nice about her? Stupid me! 

I try to forget about her then get back to my sleep and I fall asleep successfully.

 

*In the morning*

 

I woke up early as usual at my 6am routine. As I turn myself to sit instead of sleeping on the bed, I remember what I dreamt of last night. It is so weird that I dreamt of Tina. In my dream, I dreamt of her taking me to somewhere I've never been there before and that she kept on holding my hand. She tried to show me something but it was a total secret that she couldn't show me completely.

It's strange that my head keeps thinking about her all the time just as soon as I woke up. An image of her smile appears in my head and it's really weird because I have never dreamt of anyone this way in my entire life.

My mom calls me by the door telling me to shower myself and get ready to school because it's school day today. Tina. Tina will come to pick me up soon. Again, her image appears in my head again and i wonder when it's going to stop.