Chapter XIX

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

"Where are we going?" I certainly believe that she's not taking me to class; in fact, I believe it's somewhere else.

"You'll know" then she smirks at me. God, I don't know why but I just find it out that she likes to do something cute to me these days. In other words, her actions are attractive to me, as I think.

"You're not going to do anything stupid to me, are you?" I try to sound like I mean what I ask but I can't help smiling.

She turns her neck back to me and smiles. "Now don't try to be stupid just because you're stupid." 

Don't try to be stupid just because you're stupid. I smile unwillingly and that I have no idea I'm smiling just because of this. 

She turns away, but I know she's waiting for my respond.

"Now who are you calling stupid?" I make my voice nasty successfully.

She is still holding my hand and leading me to somewhere I'm not familiar with. I feel curious though somehow excited. 

"Obviously the one whose hand is in mind." I can feel it that she's rolling her eyes.

"I'll pay you back later." it's strange that I'm not taking my hand away from hers. Her hands have always been comfortable to be in and I know that. But the first time my hand was in hers, I didn't want it at all. Unlike this time, I actually am enjoying this.

She leads me to the roof top of the building, and of course, we took the elevator; otherwise, we'd be dead by now. 

The roof top of the school is super cool and awsome! There's a huge space on the roof and it feels so fresh just to be here. Of course, there's a plant house built with glass. I guess this is called the "hot house", right? I can see what they have plant inside the house and there are still green plant at the outside. There are also benches for students to sit on and relax the view (in my view), and they also build some roofs to protect us from the sun heat. And flowers are blooming everywhere. I don't know why they have grown all those flowers on the top of the roof like that because nobody will have their time climbing up to the roof and watch all of them. i wonder who?

"The roof is my responsibility to take care of, Aom." Whoa, she just answered my un-asked question which is kept inside my head.

"So all the flowers and the plants?" I ask, releasing her hand and take a tour around.

I can say that I'm quite amazed by the view on here becaue it's like as if I'm on a real garden. The special of this is that, I can view this as if it's like a garden though it doesn't have grass and yeah, I can stand on the top of it and see the some parts of Bangkok City. Quite amazing, isn't it?

"Just some of it. My father built the hot house up, just in case I wanna grow something extraordinary up." she giggles then continues "I don't grow everything. There are still staffs out there taking care of the plants on here." she shrugs.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "I'm confused." I murmur.

"I don't normally grow the plants, but I just enjoy watching them. There are still some particular flowers which I grow them up by my own hands. You see roses over there?" then she points a group of roses grown at the front door of the hot house then continues "I grow the roses. I like the kind of flowers which might actually injure me." then she smiles nicely to the thoughts of it.

She sits on the bench, and so do I.

"Why do you like that type?" 

Her brown eyes burning into mine. "Because it keeps me in a thought that if I want something good, I must risk myself to get it first. Like growing the rose is a nice example. The rose is nice but its body dangerous. So, if I want to see its beauty when it reaches its full grown, there might be some injuries I can have." Her eyes never leave mine when she answers all of them.

"Have you been injured by those flowers?" I narrow my eyebrows curiously.

She shrugs "A few times. But the roses won't let me down. They reward me back with their beauty. Can't you tell?" she smiles.

"What about the space up here? Why have they let you to do whatever you want to up here?"

She presses her lips in line for a while then releases them. "The school is just glad whenever a student volunteers to do this kind of job."

We both remain in silent for a while then Tina raises up.

"We need to get back to class now, don't we? We only have 15 minutes left. Come." She smiles and held her hand to me and I just take it. As so. we're leaving to class.

 


The first sesson ends so quickly and it feels more comfortable to sit near Tina by now. In a table with her, it just feels complet for now and it feels right.

We're at the canteeen as we're having our breakfast.

"Aom?" Pei is the one who takes me back from my imagination world. The picture of the roof top is still inside my head and it's the most wonderful thing I've ever seen.

"Hmm?" I wake up now. haha.

"Where is Tina? And why won't you eat your breakfast?" He asks as he's sipping his soup.

I have a bowl of noodle in front of me untouched. "Well, how am I supposed to know? She's stuck with her girl fans, maybe?" I suggest the idea up.

Pe's eyes are stuck into an exact position for a few seconds then I decide to follow his.

My mouth drops open for a bit then I struggle to close it back. Tina is really stuck with her girl fan that she can't make her way to our table. 

"Can you please accept this gift and this chocolate of mine?" a beautiful asks Tina to accpet her gift? Everybody is throwing their attention to Tina and that girl.

Tina shakes her head then replies. "No, just keep them to yourself. I mean, it's really not right to accept those." she still smiles politely to that beautful girl.

She's pretty tall, well, taller than me, I suppose. Straight dark hair with her light skin, eyes the same color as mine.

"Just take them. I have bought them especially for you." everybody starts to be quiet and even throws their attention more on Tina and that girl.

Tina scans around the room and meet my eyes staring at her. I just turn away and take a sip of the soup in my bowl but my ears are still focusing on her answers.

"Thank you then." then I turn back to look at her and she's really taking the gifts.

The beautiful girl blushes and smiles. She turns to kiss Tina on the cheek then runs away. Everyone in the canteen makes a sound like "woo" in their surprise. Tina, however, is still standing their with the gifts in her hands and I assume, she's still in shock.

Why am I feeling so uncomfortable? Why am I so mad? But why I don't wanna show this madness to anyone or to her? Why do I feel like I don't belong here? Why are so many things happening right now?

Tina's eyes found mine again and this time, it's not the usual looks. Her eyes stare at me apologetically. I turn away again pretending I didn't see her. 

Tina's finding her way into the table with all those nasty gifts inside her hands. I don't know why, when I see those gifts, I just wanna trash them!

"Hi" her simple voice as usual.

"Hi" i try to act like nothing happens and clear out my anger though I still fail to do so.

"You look like you've been punched." Tina teases me again.

Yes, the gifts and the kiss and everything just punched me in the face, you idiot!

"It's none of your business." then I turn to look at Pei's curious face.

Pei seems to want to help so he just puts himself in.

"Uh, Tina, how about you sit down first and we'll just talk about everything later?" Pei finally takes a step in.

"Can I sit?" Tina asks me. God, why can' she just do anything without involving me in? I hate to answer her questions in this type of situation. In short, I don't wanna talk to her now.

"Sure. As you're pleased." I answer her without looking at her face even a bit.

"The noodle sure looks good." she smiles nicely as she stis down next to me.

"Order one for yourself." I suggested.

"I'm out of cash." she teases.

"Well just eat that chocolate you've been given. That sure looks good as well." Then I put the noodle in my mouth and chew it.

"This? I wouldn't take it from her if I had a choice." she shrugs.

"Do what you'd like. It's none of my business." I take another bite of my noodle then take a sip of the soup. This is the first time I notice it that the soup is actually delicious.

"Umm..." Pei tries to clear his voice but then I cut him off.

"Pei, are you done? I wanna get back to class." I smile to him lightly and then he nods but Tina steps in.

"I can walk you class if you'd like." she insists.

"I have Pei." I smile innocently to her which is mostly me and then I walk pass her.

She makes her way as Pe and I walk away from her and leave her at the table alone.

"Gee! What's eating you?" Pei asks me as we're a little bit far from Tina.

"I'm just a little bit sleep and that I need to take a nap in class that's why I have to rush." it's the truth then we're on our way back to the classroom.


"You sure are silent today." Tina finally comes up with a topic as we're on our way to my home.

"Hmm." I just stare at the window without bothering myself to pick up a fight with her because it's been such a tiring day.

"Any problem I should know?" well, how does she know that I own a problem? In fact I don't think I do.

"No, I own none of the problems." I still look at the window.

We arrive in front of my house and that's when I know I have to get out of Tina-world.

"Look, before you leave, can I at least say something? Whatever problem we have, we have to solve it out together. Don't keep it all inside you because you know it's not gonna work. Please let me know what problem you might have so that I can solve it out for you." her eyes are thoughtful, as always.

"I don't like anyone solving my problem. Can this help you?" I just get out of the car and close the door as I may. I don't think she has more to say either. 

I get inside the house and Tina just drives leave me. Dew! Of course, I know Dew has been waiting.

Yep, just as I get inside the coffee shop, Dew has already been there. Such a punctual person.

"Hey!" She stands up of her chair and waves for me. I run into her arms and give her a long hug. It seems like forever to me since I last saw her.

"Hey." I murmur to her as I release her.

"Can we sit?" she giggles and so do I.

"Your mom told me that you'd be coming home soon with her." Dew continues.

"Yeah, she did." I smile.

"I thought I could meet Tina again, but by all that looks on your face when you left the car, I assume something went wrong." she takes a sip of her coffee that my mom made for her.

"..." I remain silent because it is the best reaction to everything.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" she asks me curiously.

"Tina accepts a gift and a box of chocolate from a girl in the school in the center of attention in the canteen today." I finally confess to Dew and I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

"And what's the problem with you?" Dew looks at me in the eyes without leaving mine.

"I just feel uncomfortable and I don't know why." I roll my eyes.

"Is that the reason why you couldn't sleep last night?" She widens her eyes.

"No, that's not it!" I protest then continue. "I was all thinking to myself yesterday of what I have done to Tina. I think I've done weirdly and badly to her." I smile shyly at the thought.

"What is it?" Dew widens her eyes at me again.

"I think... I start to have this sort uncontrollable feelings for her. For Tina." I blushes.

Dew drops a little bit as she listens to me.

"Aom!!!!" she whispers in horror.

"I know Dew. It's totally not nature." I shake my head.

"That's not my point. But how?" she grins.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask her back.

"Oh, Aom, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this. I want to see you like someone, even if it's a she or a he. I don't mind." then she grins again.

"hmm..." I smile shyly again.

"Can you tell me?" she's curious now.

"Laters." I tease then walk to upstairs and she follows me to my room.