Chapter XX

You believe me now, don’t you?

Dew's P.O.V

 

Me and Aom? It's a long story and I don't think I can explain you all about her in a paragraph. I've always been her best friend, and you know that already. I'm always keen to what's going around with her but it's not that I'm trying to invade into her personal problems. She can share whatever she wants to share with me and I'm always open for that. I normally ask her what's going around with her and I believe she always tells me her stuff without trying to hide anything from me because she knows I don't like hidings. Of course, to be fair, I'm not trying to hide any personal matters of mine from her and I always tell her. I sometimes find her bored listening to my own problems, but you know, that's what best friends do, right? 

As so it's happening today again that Aom is having her own problem that she cannot share with anyone and I guess she can all tell me again. Haha. I try to be her good friend by coming to her house and listen to all her dramas. 

"Aom! Don't you dare to run away because you know I'm not gonna let you!" I shout from her behind softly when she escapes from the crowd from the downstairs and goes straightly to her room. And yeah, I follow her to her room too.

"I'm not running away, you idiot! I'm just trying to find a silent place for us to talk." then she rolls her eyes when she unlocks the door of her room.

Of course, I'm already familiar with the room and stuff because I've been here for a thousand times already since we were younger. Nothing has changed much. Well, a few things. The bed has been changed to a bigger one since Aom's an adult now. And there's a bigger closet since her needs of clothes have become bigger as well. And besides that, there's a photo of me and her still on hanging on her wall. There's another photo of us on her bed as well. I'm kinda glad that she still has my photos with her everywhere in her room like that because this makes me feel like I'm still important to her. 

I enter into the room with her and then she sits on her bed, her eyes are full of questions to herself and yet, she can't speak them all at once. I close the door silently behind me and then I just stand there.

"Tell me when." I ask her curiously.

She shakes her head and then she just smiles lightly.

"I don't know, Dew. This is all of a sudden. I don't actually understand myself, either. What's happening with me?" she sounds doubtful to herself as well and I honestly don't know how to answer this question of hers.

"Well, it's not like you've never found anybody attracted to you. And it's been a long time since you let yourself not disturb to this kind of stuff." I complain.

"Yes, that's why I'm wondering about all of this to myself." She speaks out.

"I don't get it, Aom." I really am confused.

"I've found some guys attractive to me before and I admit it. But why this time I found her attractive to me?" she shakes her head a little bit and remains silent.

I walk slowly to her and then sit beside her as I may.

"You're questioning to yourself of what you are, right?" I murmur.

She nods without turning her eyes meeting mine; instead, she lets them stare at the floor.

"It doesn't matter of what you are, Aom. A biual or a homoual or a straight girl doesn't matter anymore. Like I told you, what century are we in now? Why do you have to have so many questions stored inside your head? It's natural which we were born with and we have nothing to do with it; we just follow it. People in this era start to acknowledge this type of people and you have nothing to feel guilty about. It's what you are, not what you pretend to be." I try to cheer her up knowning that she won't speak much from now because she has so much to ask to herself right now.

"Dew, I know what other people might think. We're not in westerns, and our culture is not opened yet." she tries to be accurate.

"Our culture starts to be opened little by little. Can't you tell? There are still girls and girls holding hands in the public and even invite each other to meet their parents." I explain.

"But I have to pride my parent's pride. I can't let them be looked down by other people seeing that they have a daughter who is not normal at all."

"Then who to blame, Aom?" 

"..." she stays silent now.

"I believe that if your parents love you, they will understand you. But you just have to think about yourself first, what and who are you choosing. Among of all those 7 billions people in the world, who can make you smile and feel excited every time? Who can make your heart skips a beat whenever he or she does somehting nice to you? Whose smile can melt your heart, Aom?" 

"I don't know, Dew. But I can't resist looking at her y face." She's playing around with her thumbs.

"See? That's my point. What's the point of trying to escape from her once you know you can't resist her? Look, you have to be open-minded. Stop thinking something so traditional because you know that this only stands in your way." I try to be reasonable.

"Please give me some time to think, Dew. I want to think more before I let myself go any further." said Aom.

"Take her or leave her, it's all about your choice, Aom."


Tina's P.O.V

 

I was kidna excited this morning that I could finally allow myself to bring someone to the roof top because it was really my first time. I don't really like bringing people with me there because I really like to be silent. However, because Aom had that weird attitude yesterday, I decided to bring her up there with me today. However, by the time we got into the car, she had already been happy and I didn't know why. She was strangely happy today and that could be counted into my "Happy list". 

However, everything went blue after a girl giving me some weird things in the canteen. The chocolate and the gift, what are they for? Aom's face turned down when I accepted the gift and I felt kinda guilty for that. I wanted to fix something out but I don't know how.

Talking about the gift, i don't remember to take them out with me to my bedroom and I don't want to because it's really not necessary so I just left it inside the car. All I took out was the chocolate. But then I wanted to free my car from the gifts, so I took them all out.

"Hi!" Mean smiles nicely when she sees me coming into the house.

"Hey! Want some chocolate?" I smile nicely to her.

She nods excitedly and of course, she has no idea where I get this chocolate from.

"You? Giving me a box of chocolate? Something must have gone wrong today." she teases.

I smile nicely to her as I get to the living room walking with her.

"Nah, some girl gave me today and don't ask me, because I don't know why myself."

She drops her face a little bit but then struggles to smile.

"Might I know who that girl is?"

"Now stop that behavior! It's just some girl in school, you know I always am given gifts. Don't be like that." I try to cheer her up knowing that she must be so down.

"I know" then she turns to stare at the floor.

"Are you hungry?" she continues.

I nod knowing that she will just go and make me something to eat.

"Can I fix you a spaghetti?" she smiles again, thank god.

"Sure, anything you're pleased to do for me." I grin.

Mean is just cute to be my little sister and that's what I love about her. Don't get me wrong, I still love her the way I should to her not anything more. She wants more and I know that too. However, I don't. The worst part of it is that, I'm living under the same roof with her and that makes it a little bit difficult to clear things out with her.

"Mean? Where is uncle John, by the way? I haven't seen him around the house yet." I ask.

"Umm, I think he's somewhere with dad and mom at the garden." She replies back from the kitchen.

"What about P'Air?" I continue asking.

"I think she hasn't come back from her workshop or whatever it is. She said she'd be back by later this evening." 

i wander around the living room for a while because I have nothing to do at all. My head has been thinking way too much. I wonder why that girl gave me the gifts and why Aom reacted way too much. She should have known that I'm kinda popular in the school because I can even attract girls from boys.

Talking about the gift, I hurry go back to the table where I left my gift then tear out the paper out from the gift to see what's inside. It's kinda heavy and its shape looks like it has a book inside.

I tear everything out and my thought is right, there's a book inside the gift though it's not a normal gift; it's more like a photo album. There are so many photos of me inside the photo album and I bet that girl is true stalker of mine. There are photos of me ever since I was a freshman, all my activities, the way I park my car, the way I eat are all inside this photo album. I turn the page slowly and realize that I've seen this girl somewhere before. To my assumption, she was the one who I helped her from punishment she was about to receive from the principal over a year ago. Perhaps, I tried to help her by talking to the principal and she was freed. Yes, that girl! But I didn't really put her inside my mind frequently so I let the thought of her flies away.

I turn over the page over and over again until I reach the end of the album. Wow! There are photos of Aom and me and they must be recently taken. Photos of Aom sitting in a car with me, the way we smile to each other and of course, the way I hold her hands. There's a letter sticked on the back of the album saying:

I admit it that I like you, Tina. But I've never gotten all those smiles you gave to that new girl and I've never felt your hands before. I've never been inside your car and I've never been taken to the roof by you. I've been studying you so don't you think that I know nothing about you. I gave you the things today in the public today, not just because I want to be noticed, but I want people to see that I finally give up on you. I'm sorry for the kiss I have given to you, it's a goodbye kiss and that means that I will walk on my way without interfering into your business. Don't be mean, please, because I just want this to be a memory between us. Or at least for me. I'm sorry if I have followed you way too much, but I can't help it. 

Veronica

P.S: If you like someone, go tell her. Don't stay silent like me or she'll be taken.

I run my fingers through the letter without realizing this girl has been paying this much attention on me. I've never known that. She's one of the girls who stand at the gate everyday waiting for me to arrive at the school. She's the one who leaves the rose everyday on my locker. I've never realized that. Why don't I realize that earlier so that I can tell her straightly that I have nothing for her?

P'Air was right. I shouldn't be so good to people around me so that they won't have problems with their feelings toward me because it's tough. But how can I help it? I always feel pity to people whenever they need help and they all deserve my help. I mean, they haven't anything to displease me. So why would I be mean?

I re-read the last sentence of her letter that if I like someone, go tell her. Don't stay like her or she'll be taken. I wonder to myself as if I have something truly in my mind. I mean, I'm totally single but I feel like I want to be taken by someone else. Someone who is nasty, someone who is pretty, someone who would take me to a pet store and force me to hold a puppy. Oh my, what's gotten inside my head?

I leave the house just as soon as I have decided I want to see someone specifically. I bring the enjine of my car back to life and drive to the front gate and get to somehwere I want. My parents must be thinking where I'm heading at this hour but they won't call me because they know that I can take care of myself. I smile randomly at the thoughts of me and her together because that seems to be so sweet to me.

Just as soon as I arrive that mini coffee shop, my heart almost explodes out of my chest but I have to keep it cool and get inside the shop. 

Her mom is still sitting at the counter arranging her money and she finally realizes that it is me entering inside the coffee shop and that she smiles to me warmly. She knows who I am looking for and then she just asks me to sit down and wait for her daughter.

She gets straight to the upstairs to call her down and just a few minutes later, she comes down with her friend accompanying her and her mom just doesn't come down along with them.

Her friend seems to have a smile on her face as if she's knowing what's going around. But she seems to be a little bit surprised to see me come back to her house at this hour.

"What are you doing here?" said her.

I put a smile on my face and reply her back warmly. "Just because I want to see you smile to me tonight, Aom."