Chapter XXIX

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

I guess I have fallen for a long sleep again and I don't remember the exact time I fell asleep. All I know is that it was afternoon when Tina dropped me home and we talked a little bit through text. I remember closing my eyes and I fell asleep after that thought it wasn't an easy sleep. I still had to dream about her. It was pretty hard to tell that I dreamed of her leaving me for someone else; someone who i'm not familiar with and she seemed to be so much happy. I'm still in the middle of the thought of considering whether I should accept her or not and this dream happens? I don't like it.

I open my eyes slowly and it's twilight from the window. The first thing I see is the twilight from the window and it's very nice to see that view, sometimes. I scan my eyes in the room for a long while then I realize someone is sitting at the end of my bed, looking at me without taking the eyes off. I panic and I don't know what else I should do then I remember myself trying to look again for a clearer version then I can see that those beautiful eyes are looking into mine, and the owners of those eyes don't take them off from seeing me awake. Those cool brown eyes are looking straight into mine and again, it's with a smile. I sigh in a relief but shocking in a thought that why she's here.

"Hi." I murmur as she's looking through the window.

"Hi." She replies softly in her tone.

Then again, she turns to look at the window without explaining me why and how she's in my room. 

"It's twilight." She murmurs again and doesn't look at me.

I turn up to a sitting position and shake my head a little.

"Yeah, it is." I agree and she looks at me. Of course, it's totally freaking me out that suddenly she's in my room like that!

"Tina, why are you here?" I ask and raising my tone a little bit.

She fishes out her iPhone and place it on my bed, yet, I don't find her scary at all for suddenly knocking into my room. 

"Because I was worried about you." she replies in a soft voice again then brings her eyes meeting mine.

I try to wait for her to continue any further but she just doesn't. I really want to hear from her more but she just doesn't continue.

"You shouldn't be worried about me." I murmur while she shakes her head back as if to deny my demand.

"Because I love you, remember?" 

 

A strange noise from the downstairs wakes me up and there's no Tina around. Of course, my mom must have dropped something again. She's sometimes reckless. Back to then, It was just a dream. I remind myself that over and over again. It was totally a good one that I can never let go of the dream. I'll spend forever dreaming about that and that was so sweet but also scary. Tina isn't a type of person who would just knock into somebody's room without permission and she wouldn't be sitting on my bed just to watch me sleep every night like that and that will be so creepy for me if she does so. But whow knows what the future might be?

I wash my face and change my outfits to the home style. I seem to look okay enough then I head back down to help my mom.

It is strange when I step my footstep on the stairs because I can't hear the noise of people chattering anymore but all I can hear is someone is cooking something. Hmm. My mom must have closed the shop earlier than usual then cook me a dinner. That is so sweet of her.

When I get to the downstairs, there aren't any people for real and my mom isn't at the counter. My dad hasn't arrived so that leaves me to finding my mom alone. I head to the kitchen and my mom isn't there but there's another person standing and cooking.

"Ah, good evening." the familiar voice finally is released and I am totally shocked and insane that SHE'S RELALY HERE and she's cooking a dinner.

"Why you..." I can't really ask because I'm busy on choking and she laughs. Well, it's not as if she's never been here, but she's never been to the kitchen or anywhere deeper in the house than the counter area.

"Because I was worried about you." she tells me the answer without me completing on asking. And the more important thing, she speaks exactly the same thing as she was in my dream and that leaves me so curious.

"You don't have to be worried about me." I try to say what was my line in the dream and that makes her look concern.

She does the same thing by fishing out her iPhone and looks at me.

"Well, you said you don't like talking on the phone and for that I understand. I mean, I would never call you unless I have something important that I really have to talk words to words with you. That was why I texted you and you didn't really reply my text. I was debating to myself so hard whether I should make a call or not.

"I knew there wasn't going to be anything bad happening on you but I was just caring of you." She shrugs and glances at me.

"So... You're here just because I didn't reply your text at all?" That's really the main point of the talk.

She nods and smiles shyly.

I don't know why and I can't help it but I'm smiling shyly too. I'm embarrassed at the thoughts that I was the one who made her came here and more importantly, she's here just because she wants to see me. But happy.

"You should have called." I complain.

"My instinct told me not to." she shrugs again.

"And why is that?" I stare.

"Because if I had done that, I wouldn't have had an excuse to visit you and be alone with you." she smiles.

"That should not be your answer." I suggest.

"Then what shall it be?" she smirks.

I smile then add "Just say it directly. I can take it." 

She sighs then finally says. "Alright, fine, I miss you. Is that enough?" 

I giggle but do not answer. However, I do notice that my parents are missing.

"Oh, and by the way, have you seen my mother around when you came here?"

She laughs again then turns back to her cooking thing.

"Both of your parents are out and they leave the house under my care. I hand them two coupons for a high class dinner for only two of them." she replies.

I nod then I realize I don't get to understand why she did that. I walk to the fridge and take out a can of coke then come back to her.

"I don't get why you have to do it."

"Hmm, didn't I tell you? How about the reason of me wanting to be in your house alone with you?" I can hear her laughs along with the sound.

"No, I mean, you know. Giving them a special dinner and..." then she cuts me off. "Hey, it's not a big deal. Don't feel anything. I also want them to have a good time too. Your mom is so busy working with this shop and so is your dad. He works really hard for my father and yes, he deserves these tickets from me." she explains.

"Besides, like I said, I really wanna be with you. Like really ALONE." she smirks again.

"So alone? Wait, did you get into my room?" I am alarmed.

She turns back to me. "Of course I did."

I open my eyes widely. It wasn't just a dream. She's been there for real but just didn't take any action at all.

"Why?" 

She scoffs. "You could come into my room and left a ridiculous note, so why can't I?" she laughs again.

"Well, it was because I was told to and you weren't?" I complain then roll my eyes.

She is focusing on her cook that she doesn't have time to look at me.

"I don't care. This is your punishment for getting into my room without my permission. Besides, I like your oom. So well organized. My room wouldn't be this tidy if I didn't have a maid to prepare everything." 

"Should I say thank you or...?" 

"Just say nothing." she suggests.

I scoff and she notices though she replies nothing. She just turns to her cooking as she has left for a while.

I look around the kitchen and I know I have nothing to help.

"Since when you knew how to cook?" right, I have always assumed that Tina never knew how to cook because she's rich enough to hire chefs for herself forever. Why would she bother cooking food like that?

"Since you were asleep and you didn't reply my text." she sighs. It's as if she can't take the idea of me leaving her alone like that.

"Oh." well yeah, that's all I can say. 


*Bed time*

 

Tina's food was kinda good though not perfect. But I like it. She just made me an omelet for dinner because she said it was the easiest dish she could learn from the internet. Of course, she didn't want to make me a fried egg because it is too mainstream and she felt like it wasn't special. Well, what's the special thing about omelet, by the way? 

She actually did a lot of thing today and she told me not to bother any work at all with the kitchen which I insisted earlier that I would try to help her but she just told me to get back to my room as she was cleaning up the kitchen.

Here I am, sitting on my bed, thinking of any possibilities about me and her. I mean she's totally obvious on me and I know that. I am not trying to refuse her because I know it will break her into pieces if I tell her that both her and I will never work out right. I know that a part of me also wants to be with her and there's no doubt about that though another part of me is still wondering. My parents will never like her if they know that all ever she does is to capture my heart. Somehow, even though I know it is hard, I still want them to know about us. I just want us to hapen first.

People might be complaining that I should just get together with her, like really really soon. Just accept her and hold hands in public. I will, in one day. I am always brave enough to do anything I want. Though, to me, "Love" is really important. I want someone to treat me like I am his or her little girl. I might like many guys but I have never said I love them. It's like a big deal for me to say that. She's the first girl who can ever attract me to. She's the first person to ever make me believe me that love exists. She's the first person to make me feel like I am her little girl. I still need time to test her out and if I ever say anything at all, she will never prove me right. 

I can swear to you that I can never take my eyes off her when she does anything nice to me ONLY and it has happened even before I have put my little feeling on her. I feel like the sweet things she does to me just happen to me and I feel like I am her little girl. I feel like I'm the happiest person in the world. 

"Your parents won't be here until midnight." She speaks just as soon as she enters into my room which finally cuts me off from the deep thought I have been having.

"who told you to come into my room?" I complain as she's walking to sit by the edge of my bed.

"Well, I don't know. I feel like you need me here." she smirks which gives me a hint that she's just teasing.

"My instinct tells me to get you out of here. But due to the fact that i wanna sleep, I might actually forgive you this time." I smirk back to her.

Right, I really need to have another sleep. It would seem like today is just a long day and that I've been going through a lot of things. Facing many talks which I have never thought that I would have it discussed with Tina.

She's thinking for a moment then she raises an idea up.

"Would you like a bed time story?" 

"I would love to." she answer immediately even before I can think about it.

I turn myself to sleep instead of sitting then she comes and sit next to me. Again, I feel good and I don't even want to refuse that; so, I just let her sit where she may want to.

She my hair like I'm a kitten which makes me feel sleepy even more.

"Once upon of time, there was this girl who was maybe 11 or 12 year old, really cruel at school, and she came back home with the blood over her face, bruises everywhere on her whole body. She liked picking up fights with everyone at school. Teachers shook their heads every time they were asked about her and the school principal couldn't do anything since her parents paid a large amount of money to shut him up. She didn't really understand about the manners of how a nice person would actually act since she believed that her parents' money could solve everything. She was never really best at school and she only tried to grab everyone's attention by picking up fights.

Though everything changed when she got into the secondary school at the very first day of it. She saw a girl with a pointy nose, brown eyes though that girl had always been short compared to her, walked into that class and sat alone at the very front row while the cruel girl sat at the very end of the class. That brown-eyed girl wasn't really good at talking and the cruel girl also didn't want to do the talk but she knew that the brown-eyed girl already caught her attention. Every class, the cruel girl stopped picking up fights with guys though she was just trying to observe that girl who she always wanted to stalk. She knew that that girl was nasty, very fermine and she was an expert at everything. Therefore, the cruel girl tried harder to grab that girl's attention because the cruel girl knew that she was in love with that girl from the very first day she saw that girl. She learned everything quickly. She learned to play the piano because she wanted that girl to be impressed by her piano skill. She stood on the stage of every event also because of the brown-eyed girl. She did everything just because of the brown-eyed girl. Though she wasn't brave enough to tell that girl how she actually felt about her until high school that the brown-eyed girl had to change the school.

The cruel girl left everything unspoken and she thought she would never see that girl again. However, she still waited, and waited, and waited because she believed that mircale could happen until the right time came. Until she knew that their parents knew each other. Until she knew that the brown-eyed girl had finally matured to be a fine lady. Until they met again in the university.

All the cruel girl had to do now was to try to speak everything she left years ago unspoken."

I feel so sleepy that I can't answer anything at all. I know what she means. 

"You gave me hope, you gave me anything which anyone could never have. You gave me the new me." Then my eyes fall down and I can't see Tina anymore.