Chapter XIII

You believe me now, don’t you?

Mean's P.O.V

 

"Uncle John?" I'm walking around the house calling his name out trying to find him. I am sure to myself that I saw him a moment ago, somewhere near the living room.

"Yes, miss Mean?" He finally replies me as he's walking closer to me.

I'm a little bit shocked but I'm still fine.

"Would you mind going to Tina's room? She asked me to ask you to go." I smile a little bit.

"No, and I would go as soon as possible then. Is there anything you would like to ask?" He's speaking in a polite voice. God! this man is too polite, and he's polite all the time even though it's just between him and I.

"No, you should get going then." I smile then he shows a little bit of respecting then he's gone.

I really wonder, what is Tina doing calling him urgently like that? 

*15 mins later*

As I'm trying to find some milk in the fridge for my stomach, I can feel that someone is behind my back. When I turn around to find out who that is, Uncle John smiled to me politely again.

"I'm sorry if I have made you feel shocked, miss Mean." he smiled again.

"It's okay." I lie.

He smiles a bit and he definitely knows that I was lying but he pretends.

"Young master told me to take her a glass of milk to her room." he smiles again.

"It's okay, I'll take to her by myself." I smile back to him.

"Thank you. I will go checking around the house again then. Have a good night." then he's away again.

As I'm ready for the milk, I hold 2 glasses to her room, one for me and one for her. She doesn't usually lock her door that's why everybody finds himself or herself to get into the room. This time is no different from the other time.

As I get into the room, I  can hear Tina speaking.

"I thought you would bring me my painting utilities tomorrow!" she's giggling while she's turning her back to the door that's why she doesn't know who comes in.

"It's me!" I laugh back.

She turns around to me quickly and shakes her head a little bit with disbelief that it is me instead of him.

I put those glasses of milk on her table then walk to sit on her bed while she's sitting on her chair next to the table.

"Painting?" I ask.

"Yeah. I want to draw something." she smiles awkwardly.

I nod a little a little bit with a smile then continue. "Might I know what that painting is about?" I'm curious.

"Someone who I admire." She smiles brightly while she's imagining about "Someone she admires".

"And...?" I continue.

"When the time's right, you will know." She smiles again.

 

Tina's P.O.V

 

I almost revealed my imagination out in front of Mean. I mean, it's gonna be okay if I tell Air about this but not with Mean, not when I suspect it that she likes me. I believe it hurts her enough by having to admit the fact that I'm trying to avoid her or maybe she hasn't realized about it yet.

"Tina? Can I ask you something?" She finally comes up with a serious question.

I swallow a bit then answer her back.

"Anything." I straighten up my face to be serious with her.

"Where did you go today?" I knew she would ask me this question.

"Some places with friends, you know." I lie.

"What places are those?" She's in a serious emotion.

I look away but I'm still answering her question.

"You know, library and stuff." I lie again.

She gives me this huge sigh then responses me back.

"You're lying!" She raises her voice a little bit.

I turn back to her and I can see that she's a little bit frustrated.

"I'm not!" I try to keep this as simple as possible.

"If you're not lying to me, then please explain me about the fur on your pants!" Right, I should have realized that she would suspect stuff like this on me.

I stay silent then she continues again.

"You went to a pet shop with Aom, am I right?" She finally speaks it out.

"How did you know about it?" 

She sighs then she finally reveals her answer.

"P'Air told me. She just told me before I could find uncle John to you." She confesses.

I stayed silent.

"Why did you have to lie to me with all these unbelievalbe words?" 

"Because..." I can't really come up with a proper lie anymore.

"Because you would think that I would stalk you that's why you have to run away from me?" Her voice is almost upset.

"No, I don't think you're trying to stalk me but I just wanna give us time to be separated. At least some time." I finally make it out.

She swallows a bit then look right to my eyes.

"What's the point? Why do you have to do this to me even though you know I'm so attached to you?" Her voice is almost as whispering.

"Because I know you're attached to me, that's why I'm trying all my best to keep us away from each other."

She looks so depressed but it's time to let her know something about me.

"Is this your reason? You're afraid that I like you?" finally, this question comes!

"You know it yourself completely what you think of me. I have to explain this clearly. We're impossible. I only love you as my sister, nothing else comes into my mind better than that. We can't be anything more than siblings." I make my voice seriously.

She tries to hold back her tears, and I know she's not that strong to admit stuff like this.

"But I like you. a lot." she confesses.

I take a huge inhale then exhale back to this awkward atmosphere.

"I love you, Mean. But not in a way you think you can have it with me. Just because I'm good to you, it doesn't mean I have to like you. We're too impossible to be together, and you have to understand me." I look back to her eyes as I walk closer to her.

"Can I not give up on you?" She almost cries.

I sit beside her and she finally hugs me with the neck.

"Mean, please. We can't. 99.99% that we're impossible."

She cries then by knowing that I would never accept her to be with me.

"Then, that 0.001% remaining will be my chance to get you back to me. Even if this siightest percentage risks my life just to get, I'll be glad to do it so. I will do whatever it takes for you to look back at me, to love me, to look at me like you will never have anyone like me in my entire life. You have to know it tonight that I like you, and I will never give up on you." she hugs me tighter than before then she runs away from the room without looking at my face before she leaves.

I know she's in her agony and I want to tell her that no matter how much she tries, I really don't think she can have me. I want to tell her I'm sorry and I want her to find a real guy to have in her life instead of me. I was so stupid that I didn't get to speak what exactly was in my mine. I hate myself for not following the scipt in my head like that!