Chapter XXV

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

As always, she likes to hold my hands whenever she's in hurry, for that I'm sure. Though it happens for today that she doesn't hold my hands and I'm quite relieved with that, actually. I feel kinda bad for those girls out there who might actually like her to see her holding my hands. I am also a girl and I know that feeling as much as they do.

Tina, as charming as always, walking slowly beside me with her hands in her pockets, eyes staring straight up ahead. She doesn't talk and it's not like her. I also want to study her face but something pushes me away from her and that it keeps me from asking her. Is it too bad? Well, she was the one who suggested something about the Instrumental room but then she doesn't talk a thing when we are walking there. What is that supposed to mean?

"It's because I want you to keep thinking of what we'll be doing in that room alone for a while. I don't want to interrupt you." she just asnwers the question inside my head.

She, Tina, is sometimes mysterious. She sometimes act like she doesn't know anything about me, but sometimes, she's just like an Aom-Expert. That's totally stupid but I find it cute, somehow. However, I like her better when she doesn't know a thing about me. Why? Because when she doesnt' know stuff about me, she'll leave me alone drowing into my thoughts, and she just doesn't talk anything with me until I talk to her first. I sometimes like to think alone and I guess Tina understands that, as I assume.

"Don't act like you know everything about me." i tease and I kinda mean it as well.

"True, I don't know everything about you but I know something about you." She now stares to the ceiling as we are walking without bothering to look at the ground.

I scoff then roll my eyes. She giggles then stops.

"Tell me that *something* you know about me." I roll my eyes again and this time, she sees me doing this.

"You know, I sometimes find you attractive with this eyes rolling thingy. But sometimes I find it frustrated." she smiles.

"That doesn't answer my question." I shake my head.

"Can I answer everything back once we get out of this intrumental room?" She holds the door opened for me as we have finally reached the room. 

We are now on the first floor of the building since the room is located there and it's pretty far away from the elevator we just got out at the moment. I feel like this is too quick to get in here.

"Can I know it now then?" Then I walk into the room and I can hear her giggling sound at my behind plus the sound of her closing the door.

The Instrumental room is kinda huge because it contains a variety of musical instruments such as guitars, solo guitars, cello, ukulele, piano and more. What attracts me most is with that grand piano. The piano itself looks elegant and expensive. I have always addicted to the sound of the piano and that has never changed too. 

"This is the university of technology and science. How come it has this kind of room?" I am kinda shocked and surprised to see this room.

"Oh, it's all about the students' proposal to the school. I believe this room did happen to exist even before I laid my feet on here. As I heard, many many and many students requested for this room and they finally built it. Cool, isn't it?" she smirks and she goes and sits by that elegant piano.

"This is also one of my favorite places whenever I'm alone or free." she smiles as she puts her fingers on the keys of the piano. And then, I walk to the piano an stands beside it to see what she's planning to do with it.

She presses the keys continously and that makes a melody of a song. The melody of a piano. She isn't playing a song which I don't know and I know it perfectly well, of course. Every press of the key makes an incredible sound clinging inside my head. To my judgement, she even plays better than the original song, or maybe because of the piano? I just don't know. All I know for know, her playing is something that I can't resist. Oh yes, she's playing the most incredible song which is "Need You Now" originally by "Lady Antebellum".

I don't think she sings at all until she plays until that part of the song, which I assume that it's the most attractive part, and then she whisper her voice along with the piano.

And I wonder if I have crossed your mind. For me, it happens all the time.

She whispers this sentence of the lyrics only and then she glances at me as if she's referring the sentence she has sung to me. Her eyes are full of doubts as if I have ever had her inside my head.

The sound of the piano still continues and Tina is still playing the song which is now becoming my favorite. For the whole song, she only sings that part which I mentioned earlier and every time she does, she just looks at me.

*A moment later*

Tina has finally ended her song playing but she's still sitting here, looking at me.

"How was my playing?" she asks, smiling, polite as always.

"The worst thing I have ever heard." I tease with a giggle. 

"Really?" She seems to take it seriously, and see? i told you that she sometimes doesn't understand me at all. 

Oh Tina, you don't know how hard I would be if I chose to resist listening to the song you just played because it was the very first song which you have ever played for me.

"No, idiot." I laugh then continue. "I meant in contrast." then I roll my eyes again.

"Yeah?" she asks excitedly.

"Yeah. Really, when did you start playing this?" I smile.

"At my early age, maybe. Around 7 or 8." She smiles pathetically.

I feel down immediately after I have seen this and I just want to know more about it.

"Why are you so upset talking about it?" I ask.

She turns away from the piano's keys and then just looks at me, only me.

"There were so many thigns I needed to learn when I was a kid." Her eyes, still depressing.

"What's the unhappy thing about it? Isn't it good when you get to learn a lot?" I narrow my eyebrows.

"Learning all those things were not from my talents but because I needed to please my family." she shakes her head.

I still don't understand anything about it. Why is it so painful for her to learn all these things? I stay silent ina will that she will add more and she does now.

"I also don't understand it too." Tina answering to my thoughts. "I don't get it why people have to judge stuff about me and my family. I learn to play piano just only to play in front of other rich people. I always did bad at the beginning and I had many purnishments because of it from my mom." she still manages to smile.

"Why did your mom do such a thing like that?" 

"Just beacuse she wants me to be perfect with this. But you know, it's hard to grow up in a perfect family when you're not perfect. I'm not talented, unlike my sister, she just likes to play any musical instruments. But I don't. I have always been compared to my sister ever since I was a kid and that sometimes kills me from the inside as well. I mean, it's just about the musical instruments. Why would people judge me if i don't know how to play it? That is sometimes hard but my family just have no idea how much agony I've been through because every member in it is always busy." she shakes her head.

"It must have always been tough for you." that's all I can manage to say.

"Indeed, yes. It has always been hard for me. But it isn't anymore." she smirks.

I raise my eyebrow "Why?" I ask curiously if she has any motivations.

"Yes, it's you who are my motivation." Again, she's answering my thought and this time, she adds me in.

"Stop being stupid." I tapped on her shoulder then walk away from her.

"Because you're an incredible person that's why you deserve this incredible song. And you deserve to be my incredible motivation." she adds as she's following me from behind.

I think I'm blushing but then I have to cool myself down. Stupid Tina! Why does she have to mention something which can make me shy like that? I hate her for that and forever.

"Because you're a stupid person that's why you don't deserve an incredible person like me." I refuse with a stare.

"Someday you will want to be my motivation." she smiles, teasing.

"We'll see about the future. But for now, you'll never have me."

"I'll let you run away from me for now. If I can't catch you, then I will never want you to be in my life again. But If I can, I guess you'll have to stay with me." 

"Really? We'll make a deal with that?" Oh of course, I'm a fast runner and she just has no idea how fast I am. Running away from her? it's almost like a piece of cake of doing such a thing like this.

"I'll never go back on my words." she smirks.

"Ready? Set? go!" she announces.

Just as soon as I heard that go, I run quicly away from her to the door and open it quickly and run back to the downstairs. I can't hear Tina running following me and I just have no idea where she goes, so I slow down my speed and try to find her around. I run until I reach that bench which I just sat with Tina earlier in a hope that she will run to here and look for me, but she just doesn't. I'm sitting on the bench now, waiting if she'll come here looking for here, and she just doesn't. What's wrong with her? She doesn't chase me or what? Isn't it our deal that she has to catch me or so?

I've waited here for 20 mins and she hasn't come yet, and I'm started to get worried already. What has happened to her? Why doesn't she chase me? That's it! I can wait here no more. I decide to run back to the stairs to see where she is. 

Just as soon as I reached the stairs, i can see that she's sitting on the steps, can't walk at all and there's a big injury on her left knee. I'm just so shocked to get to do anything.

"Tina??? What has happened on you?" I ask nervously.

She doesn't answer me, but instead, she puts her arms around my neck.

"Gotcha! Now you can't get rid of me." she hugs me tightly.

I realize that it's her trick so that I want to push her away from me. I really want to push her away, but her scent all keeps me everything with her. I stay in her arms for a while then finally, decide to push her away.

"That's cheating!" I complain.

I turn to look at her face as she's shaking her head to me. "No, that's not. I really was injured. And the leg stopped me by this stairs." She shrugs.

"Let me see." i try to examine her knee and she really is injured. Quite serious. She's bleeding and it really upsets me to see this.

"How did you get this?" I ask while I'm checking her knee.

"Just as soon as you got out of that room, I ran quickly to the door as well, but then, my knee crushed with the edge of the table hidden somewhere down there which I didn't notice. That's why." she shrugs again.

I scoff then I take a bandage out of my purse, of course, I have always bandages inside my purse, just in case this kind of case happens. She grins happily knowing that I'm doing this for her. I shake my head then place it on that injury knee. 

"Can you walk?" I ask and she shakes. I sigh then take her arm and put it on my neck then walk her down.

"You know, you haven't told me what you know about me." I ask her again.

"It all depends on my mood if I should tell you now or not." she grins.