Chapter XV

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

Like I mentioned earlier, the image of Tina keeps appearing inside my head every since I dreamt about her last night. It is kind of weird because i have never thought of her in my entire life. Just because of a dream and I let her gets inside my head like that? Just what has happened?

I get myself ready for the school and I know she's coming so soon. I wander around the house trying to think what I should do when I see her. It is really weird. 

"Aom? What are you doing?" My mom asks me as she sees me go stupid for a long while like that.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking." I lie.

"Really? then what are you thinking of ?" my mom asks me as she's cleaning her counter.

"Random stuffs, mom" I smile then walk to the counter.

"Can you help me cleaning the tables for a while?" she smiles.

I nod with a smile then clean the tables. Just as I have cleaned for a few tables, of course, that shiny car parks in front of my house again and this time I'm sure to myself that it is her, it is Tina. 

It is real that she's getting out of car and comes into the shop to greet my mom and takes me to school.

She greets my mom and then smiles to me warmly.

"So, can we go to school?" she asks me this question just as she's finished being polite to my mom.

"Uh, of course. But wait, Mean's not gonna come with us?" Yeah, i'm curious about this because I can't see her in the car and to sum up, she's nowhere to be found.

She shakes her head then answers. "No, she's not coming with us. You were there at the party, she recieved her own car for own, remember? She'll have to use to school or wherever she wants to." 

I nod.

"Shall we go?" she smiles gently again.

I giggle then show my goodbye to my mom and leave to school with Tina.

Whenever I'm in a car with Tina, I usually feel like being silent is very comfortable for me. I just feel good when i don't talk to her. And it happens today too. I don't wanna talk to her much but the image of that dream keeps flying inside my head and I've been thinking a lot. I can't get rid of her and I can't make that image of the dream disappears as well.

"Can you tell me what you're thinking?" Again, she's the one who brings up the topic for our talks all the time.

"Nothing." i lie again.

"Really? why do i feel like you're lying to me?" she teases me again.

"Oh?" I make that teasy face to her back.

She giggles then continue. "Oh well, since you're not in a mood for telling me, I won't ask you much then." 

I look at her sarcasticly. "it's not like you can stay silent." 

she shakes her head a little bit and then she answers me "Well, I might be silent for a while just for you then. You seem to be a little bit thoughtful today. I can see that your face is full of doubts today." she gives me that warm smile.

She seems to hit to the right point that I have so many questions to ask myself. I over think this morning.

"how do you know?" i turn back to stare at the window but my ears are willing to hear her answer.

"haha, I just don't know. I kinda know that by looking at your face. People who tend to have many things to think may look differ ffrom those who are normal or happy. And your face is kinda abnormal today." 

As I turn to stare at the road, I know it that we almost reach the school so, I choose not up continue anything from her. And again, a full crowd of girls is there again, waiting for Tina again. 

The looks on their faces and everything, it's as if they're happy to see Tina. I feel kinda okay with that, but it just doesn't seem right if Icompare it with the first day I saw that. It's just too strange. 

Tina knows that I don't wanna talk much for today and I don't wanna complain anything about this too. So, she just drives pass them without having to ask anything from them again. It's funny that those girls actually make their way for Tina to get through so easily. 

Again, she parks her car at that exact same spot when I was here for the very first day.

"Why do you notice me a lot? I mean, you just know my differences." I finally talk after that short while.

She removes her seatbelt and then looks back at me.

"Probably my trait." she smiles.

That actually gets me confused.

"Trait?" I pull my eyebrows together and that definitely makes her laughs.

"Don't make that face, it scares me."- she laughs then continues- "I've been through many types of people, Aom. It's not that I want to notice anything about you. Hmm... I can say that it's about 'Stalking', I don't. This is my generalization and I don't know why I notice people around me this easily; it's like I know what they're like after i've put myself getting along with them for a while. And the looks of people is not hard to tell. You see, that little smile you make can actually tell whether you're fine or you have something in your mind." again, she smiles that warmly that I don't wanna avoid talking to her.

"Really? Why don't I know anything about that?" I sarcastically answer her.

"It's just because you don't normally pay attention to people around you, am I correct? or you just meet less people than I do. It's still fine, because different people have different perspective. But I do wanna tell you this that I'm different."

I don't know why too that i actually find myself "today" that I'm addicted to Tina's speech. She has made-somehow-the longest speech today in her history of talking to me. Usually, she teases me and talks about this and that. But today, she just explains to me like a professional. Yes, I somehow think that she's extraordinary. I sometimes do believe that she has this talent of changing people's mind or I can say that she's talented in speaking. I'm not joking, but she is just good at convincing people and there's pretty much more that I haven't found out about her yet.

"Hmm..." Well, obviously that's all I can say.

"Can we get out of the car now? Or you prefer to stay here for the whole day?" she teases me again.

I give her my normal stare and then get out of the car.

 

Tina's P.O.V

 

Well, like I told Aom, I really think that she's very strange today. She was perfectly fine yesterday, but then she is this weird for now. For her normal behavior, it's kinda embarrassing to say this but I do think that she doesn't normally pay attention to what I speak and that I'm kinda getting used to it. But for now, she just listens to my speech and she looks as if she considers it inside her head a lot. Her face is just that strange that I think she has many "what ifs" inside her head, I think. A part of me wants me to stand up and talk to her if there's anything I can help but another part refuses to do so because it's her personal privacy.

We're walking to our classroom awkwardly that we don't talk to each other. Don't get me wrong, we're not fighting but I just don't know how I can possibly start a conversation with her again because she seeems to be silent- very much. I let her flows her imagination inside her head. Guess I'll have to wait until she talks to me again but she just doesn't.

"Hey guys!" Yes, that's Pei. He's just too crazy to handle sometimes.

"Hey, Miss beautiful." I as I'm getting closer to him. 

Pei is standing at the front door of the class and I take it that he's waiting for us because his eyes were scanning around the area before he found us.

"Hey Aom!" Of course, he's just this friendly.

Aom just smiles a bit and greets him back.

"hey Pei!" 

Pei looks at me confusingly and then he stares back to Aom.

"Aom, is there anything wrong with you today? You look tired." Even though Pei is crazy for sometimes, he's just thoughtful about his friends.

"Yeah, maybe." She smiles and then looks at me and walks into the room without bothering to look back at us.

Pei and I both are watching her walking into the classroom without speaking even one word. And as we make sure to ourselves that she sits down, Pei comes up with a question.

"Tina, please just tell me what's wrong with her." his eyes are full of doubts for now.

I shrug and then answer him back.

"I don't know too. She was with me yesterday and it was a fine day. But she just looks weird to me this morning." 

Pei shakes his head and that gets me wondering.

He sees me looking at him confusingly then he decides to answer the questions from my eyes.

"She must be thinking of something which is very doubtful to her." then he shakes his head again.

i try to understand this sentence of his but it doesn't make any sense at all.

"Thanks but no thanks. I don't really get it."

"You just know her less, Tina. I know that you're good at looking straight into people's minds, but sometimes you also need time to learn them as well. I've been friends with Aom for several years so I know what she's like." He explains me this straightly and clearly without his girlie voice again.

I remain silent as I want a further informations from him.

"I know you finally understand something about this person but listen, to me, whenever she acts things like this, she must be thinking of something which she thinks it is too impossible for her to complete it so. Big or small, she's just like this. Just give her time then she'll be back to normal." then he grins.

I nod a little bit then yeah, I finally understand that things actually need time. I don't think I should rush her to give me the answer of "what she's thinking" but I should just wait until she tells me on her own.

The bell actually rings and yes, we have to get into our class.