Chapter XII

You believe me now, don’t you?

Tina's P.O.V

 

"Those animals are really cute! I can't stop thinking about them! Oh! And that little puppy, really cute." Aom keeps saying the same thing over and over again. Obviously, just right after we got out of the shop.

We spent almost our whole day with the shop without daring ourselves to leave. It's not that I didn't dare myself to leave, but Aom was like attached to shop (maybe owner?) that she didn't want to leave even though I tried to make up excuses to leave. She kept saying the same thing that "I don't really have much time to see Van. Can I stay longer?" Yeah, something like that.

Van, he's a gentleman though he looks a lot younger than her. I can say that he is pretty young at his age to run his own business and he has to study at the same time. Aom said he was very pathetic that he has to live alone like this. His parents died when he was younger but luckily, he had his uncle who saved him from darkness but he died too a few years ago. His dad died because of liver cancer and at the following year, his mom died because of too much depression. HIs uncle had been raising Van since then. His uncle wasn't really rich but he was rich enough to leave Van a business and some money beofore he died. As I know from Aom, his uncle died because of this liver cancer as well. I doubt it that if it's a heredity trait to Van or not. I wish it wasn't. I hope and I pray the best for him.

I want to know more about Van but I don't htink it's the best time to talk about him after Aom has told me about his story. Instead, I want to find somehting fun to talk about.

"Yeah, those animals are cute." I finally compliment.

"Since when you like animals?" she asks me curiously.

"Just because I'm allergic to them, it doesn't mean that I don't find them cute." 

"Oh well, at least I find them cuter than you." she turns away to the window again.

I open my eyes widely when I hear her speaking stuff like this.

"Excuse me?" I raise my voice a little bit.

She giggles a bit and I know she was kidding.

"Really, I see that little puppy is cuter than you." she giggles again.

Okay, so since when a dog is cuter than a human? 

I roll my eyes as she's giggling. "I take it that you like that dog."

"Yeah, I must admit it that I like it better than you." she laughs again.

She's really really in a good mood, huh? 

"Are you comparing animals to humans?" I giggle a bit.

As I turn to her, she's nodding to me.

"Well, I don't normally compare humans with animals, but I don't know why that I find myself comparing you with them." she gives me another giggle.

"Very funny." I end this stupid conversation.

I finally figure it out that she really loves that puppy. 

"Where else do you wanna go?" I change the subject.

"No, I think I'm tired. I need some sleeps. What time is it now?" 

I look at my watch then answer back to her. "It's 5:30pm" 

She nods a little bit then continue. "Can you take me home? I think I'm really tired." I can feel the sleepy sound in her voice she makes just as she realizes about the time.

We're in silent again as I'm driving her home. I don't speak anything and neither does her. I find it curiously when she doesn't speak anything like that. By the time that I decide to look at her, I can tell you that she's already asleep. Why so sudden? She must be very tired that she allows herself to sleep in my car because she's very careful when she's around me. It's like, she tries to keep herself pretected from me every time she's with me. I'm not kidding, even though when she stares at the window, she still tries to get away from me as much as possible. i think her reason of needing to go to the pet store, it's not because she wants to see animals or anything, it's because she wants to find Van to avoid me talking to her when he's around.

When we arrive her store, it is almost 6:30pm because you know, Bangkok is full of traffic jams when it comes to the evening. As I stop the car in front of the shop, she's still asleep. I look for her mother in the shop from my car's window but I can see that she's really busy somehow. I try to remove Aom's seatbelt and she just doesn't wake up yet. I take this as my advantage that I can finally understand her beauty completely when she sleeps. She's sleeping peacefully as if she's safe and sound, as if she wasn't afraid of anything before she fell asleep. Her face when she's asleep, she looks more like a doll, very young and very beautiful. I don't understand myself either that I can't stop staring at her even though I know we're at her house already. Okay, she needs to get a proper sleep. That is what I think to myself.

"Aom?" I call her name as I'm trying to wake her up.

She's finally awake and she tries to scan around the area and finally realizes it that she'f inally home.

"Thank you. I need to get inside. Goodnight." she speaks that immediately after she's waken up. Of course, she opens the door immediately as well without giving me a chance to answer. She closes the door and gets into her store immediately without even turning back to me.

I smile, without knowing what to do, I drive myself home. Again, whenever I think of "Home", I feel Awkwardnes is coming to me again.

 

Mean's P.O.V

Up until now, I can't actually identify what Like and Love exactly mean. I don't normally talk about my stuff- personal stuff- with anyone, therefore, i don't really know what to tell. To tell you the truth, I feel like I like Tina a lot. I don't know what type of "like" I have for her but all I know is that she likes me as her own sister. That's the fact.

Tina, she's a very sweet person. I can describe good things about her until you fall asleep if you let me. There're just many good things about this person but she has one disadvantage. Do you wanna know? It is that she doesn't talk much and so, no one doesn't really know what she's thinking. Well, not until lately. I expected Tina to be the same person when I second arrived here but actually she wasn't. She hasn't changed completely, but she's just lively. She knows how to tease people unlike before. I find it curious to myself too that how has she changed herself in years without me?

Anyway, I spent my whole day in the house reading books which dad has in his library. Those books weren't really my type but I honeslty didn't know what to do besides reading them. Whenver I found them borning, I try to walk around the house or walk to the pool or the garden to realease my stress for a while then came back againt to the book room again and read again. it wasn't that fun but I had no choice.

I honestly waited for Tina to come back so that she could spend her time with me, and that would make me feel better from boredom. I waited and waited for her while I was reading the book but she never came.

And for now, I'm in the living room waiting for her to come back again. You know, wishes do come true and she really returns. I almost get myself irritated when I see her walking in.

"Hey" she smies when she sees me sitting on the couch in the living room. As she's walking toward me, I stand up and talk to her.

"Where have you been?" I raise up my voice.

Her eyes move a lot as if they're finding reasons for her to come up with.

"You know, this place and that place." She crooks her smile.

As I'm trying to reply, I can smell something bad from her like dog's smell.

"You smell terrible. Don't tell me you've been to the pet shop?" I hold my breath in order not to smell her.

She giggles a bit then answers back to me. "I'll shower myself then. See you later!" then she's away at the stairs.

"Oh umm, Mean, can you call uncle John to my room? I need to request him something. See ya!" this time, she's really away. I can't do nothing else besides calling him for her.