The princess and the scholar

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

At the riverside near the village, Seungyeon and Jinyoung had fallen asleep on the grass while watching the stars last night. They were sprawled out on the grass, sleeping.

Seungyeon pov:

I flickered my eyes open as I felt the warm sunlight on my face, it was bright and sunny and I could hear birds chirping away. It was so peaceful, compared to the hustle and bustle of Seoul city.

I yawned as I stretched my arms upwards, noticing Jinyoung through the corner of my eye.

He was sleeping all sprawled out on the grass with his arms and legs stretched out like a starfish.

I giggled at his awkward sleeping position, then, an evil thought came into my mind. Since he was sleeping so soundly without a care in his mind, I thought of throwing him into the river to wake him up.

I smirked as I  creeped towards Jinyoung’s sleeping figure..he had no idea lol!!!

I took his arm slowly as I lifted it up, he moved a little but didn't wake up.

I tried to pull him up but he was too heavy so I dragged him slowly to the river and rolled his body inside.

“SPLASH!!!”

As Jinyoung hit the water his eyes shot open in shock and he started to struggle cough.

“Good morning!!” I said cheerily in english.

Jinyoung heard my voice and he looked up and stared at me.

I covered my mouth as I started to giggle.

“YAH!!!!!” he shouted as he stood up from the river.

As he clambered towards me, I quickly turn and ran as fast as I could.

“Yah!!! Don’t run away from me!!!” he shouted chasing after me.

I looked behind and saw him closing up behind me.

“aahhhhh!!” I screamed as I tried to duck away from him, but he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.

At that moment he had both his hands on my shoulder and I was staring at him and him back at me.

I felt a tingling feeling inside me.

“Ahem!” Jinyoung fake coughed again and quickly turned away from me.

I giggled.

“That…wasn’t a very nice.” Jinyoung said, with his back turned to me.

“hehe..” I giggled as I jumped in front of him “you were sleeping so soundly, I couldn’t help it!!” I said.

Jinyoung grit his teeth together “Yah…this girl!” he said reaching his hand out.

I screamed again as I jumped away, laughing.

“Aishhh..I’m going back to change.” Jinyoung said as he started to walk off.

“Wait for me!” I said as I ran after him.

“Just now….you said something.” Jinyoung suddenly said.

“What?”

“When you threw me into the water and I woke up…you said something….guuu..mooo.?”

“Oh! Good morning??” I said smiling.

“Yeah…what does that mean.” He asked curiously.

I chuckled “It’s something you say when you wake up to greet each other.”

“Ahhh…what was it again goo..”

“Good Moornning.” I said slowly so he could catch.

“Goodd moorning.” Jinyoung repeated.

I smiled at him, he was cute.

“Is that Korean?” Jinyoung asked.

I laughed “hmmmm! It’s something I invented.”

Jinyoung looked at me thoughtfully as I quickly went into the house before him.

“Omo…Jinyoung ah.” His mom said as he entered the house, after seeing his wet clothes.

“I….fell into the river!” Jinyoung said quickly.

His mom was about to say something but Jinyoung quickly said “I’ll go change.” And then left to his room.

“eomeonim I’ll help bring the food out.” I said as I helped Jinyoung’s mom with the food.

After finishing breakfast, Jinyoung had to go off to school.

“I’m off to school now..” he said as he started to go out the door.

I ran out after him “Can I come too?” I asked..I didn’t really know what I was supposed to do at home.

Jinyoung blinked at me “No…you can’t…” he said “girls aren’t allowed in school! Besides you’re not a student there…” he explained.

I sighed “But it’s boring to stay at home….” I said rolling my eyes and crossing my arms in front of me.

Jinyoung frowned “I’ll take you to the market tomorrow…I don’t need to go to school tomorrow.” He said.

My eyes brightened up..the market sounded interesting!

Jinyoung smiled at me “Tomorrow.” He said, as he started to go..

“Mmmm….have fun at school!” I said waving at him.

I sighed as I entered the house…maybe I should help out at the kitchen…I thought.

I peeked into the kitchen, the maid was there washing the dishes.

“Can I help?” I asked.

“Oh…Agasshi…it’s okay master said you’re not fully recovered yet you should go rest.” She said.

“Aishhh..I’m fine! I said, hitting my stomach lightly.

I smiled at skipped over to where the dishes were.

I was scrubbing a dis

Please log in to read the full chapter