Death

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

“brrrooomm” the clouds rumbled, as I stood in the shelter of the school building staring up and the darkened grey sky.

It was dad’s birthday today, and I was supposed to celebrate it with him at home over dinner and a cake.

“now the cake is gonna get wet and soggy.” I thought to myself as I stared at the pastel green cake box in my hand.

 Grabbing the zip of my hoody, I pulled it up to my chin and as I did my finger got clamped in between the teeth of the zipper. “Ouch.” I said biting my lip as I pulled my finger away, it was bleeding.

This rain…and now cutting my finger on the zipper of my hoody…it really wasn’t a good sign. I wiped the blood off on my jeans and pulled my hood over my head, stepping out into the rain. As I ran, the rainwater splashed against the side of my pink sneakers, staining it a little.

I heaved a sigh of relief as I saw the apartment building I lived in appear behind the bend. I was gonna be home soon…then I can wrap a warm blanket over myself and have a mug of hot chocolate before dad comes home.

Rushing inside the lift, I jammed my finger onto the eleventh floor button and then realizing I had used my cut finger, I cringed and pulled it back, examining it closely in front of my face.

I sighed as the lift door opened, “I really need a band aid.” I thought to myself as I walked towards the door.

Just then, I realized that the door was open.

“Dad?” I thought as I slowly pushed open the door trying not to make a sound. Something in my head told me to keep my mouth shut and be quiet before I confirmed if it was really my dad……or someone else.

There wasn’t anyone in the living room but it was messy, like someone was searching for something. I took a deep breath as I walked deeper into the house, I had a bad feeling about this.

As I neared my dad’s study, I could hear low voices talking, they didn't sound like my dad to me at all.

The door wasn’t fully closed and I could see through the crack. There were about five of them in there, they were dressed in black and were carrying guns and crowbars.

I bit my lip to stop myself from gasping, who were they and why were they here in my house!

“It’s not here.” One of them said as he threw the pieces of paper he found in the table drawer onto the floor. “Let’s check the other room.” Another one said as they turned towards the door I was looking through.

My heart skipped a beat as I quickly bailed away from the door, tumbling into the next room. My eyes darted around the room looking for a place to hide, my heart felt like it was gonna jump out of my chest. I could hear their voices getting nearer.

My eyes fell onto the cupboard door as I quickly threw it open a

Please log in to read the full chapter