No room for repentence

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Far from the mainland in Jeju Island, the Crown Princess was staying in a simple house with only simple food and water to drink. There were palace guards all around to make sure she had no means of escape.

Gyuri pov:

I sat down at my table as the servant brought in the food and laid it in front of me, there was a bowl of rice and some side dishes and a chicken drumstick.

I stared at the food, it was a far cry from what I had daily at the palace.

I wasn’t allowed to bring anyone or anything with me, I wasn’t even allowed to wear jewellery or fine silk anymore. Just a simple white hanbok.

“Yah!!!!” I screamed as I pushed the tray of food off the table, sending it crashing to the ground.

I tried to regulate my breathing as I clenched my fist, this was not the end yet…I wouldn’t go down so easily….not this easily.

“Mama! You have to eat something.” The servant pleaded as she started to clear the broken bowls on the floor.

“How do you expect me to eat this peasant food!” I shouted, I was so hungry….but I refused to eat the same food as those peasants!

“Bring me the ink and paper.” I snapped at the servant.

“Ye Mama…” she replied as she scurried off.

There was no time to lose, I didn’t want to stay in the filthy place any longer it was time for me to write a letter to my mother, the Queen.

At the town Market, Jinyoung had just finished his classes at the school and was walking around looking for something.

Jinyoung pov:

I browsed the shops as I spotted a shop selling jade rings and pendants nearby, I wanted to choose a ring for Princess Seungyeon and propose to her. After all we had been through together, I knew she was the one for me….and I wanted to marry her because I knew she would leave me someday and I would never meet someone like her again.

“How much is this?” I said, pointing at a thick jade ring.

It had swirls of dark green and whites, I thought it would suit Princess Seungyeon perfectly.

The shop keeper told me the price and I asked her to pack it for me, I had earned some money from working as a doctor at th

Please log in to read the full chapter