She's back

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Play this song while reading! Jinyoung's missing Seungyeon T^T

Jinyoung pov:

The dinner that night with Jiyoung was relatively quiet, but she was going to be princess Seungyeon’s personal palace maid. I didn’t want to make things awkward for Seungyeon…so I had to tell Jiyoung I was the one who brought her back to the palace.

“take care of the princess….I’ve known her for a while now and she’s the type that might get into a lot of trouble.” I told Jiyoung as we were parting ways outside my house.

“Mmm.” Jiyoung replied as she nod her head. “I don’t need you to tell me that orabeoni.” She smiled.

“And do take care of yourself too….you’re like a little sister to me, I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you.” I told her as I put my hand on her shoulder.

I saw her eyes glimmer under the moonlight like she was going to start tearing up. I was being a jerk to tell her that she was just like a sister to me but I really didn’t want to lead her on anymore…..I wanted this to be a start in her new life.

“Orabeoni!” She said, as she looked up at me.

Her watery eyes became half moons as she smiled at me.

“I'll really miss you.” She said as she wrapped her arms around me.

Slowly, I returned her hug.

“You can come and see me anytime.” I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

“Mmm…” she replied.

I swear I saw a tear roll down her eye as she quickly turned her head away from me.

“I’ll go now.” She said as she started to walk away.

“Jiyoung ah…” I called and she stopped in her tracks, still with her back turned towards me.

“I’ll always be here if you need someone to talk to.”

Jiyoung’s head tilted downwards a bit as I small laugh escaped .

“I know Orabeoni!” she said as she spun around to face me again with a smile plastered on her face.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m really going now!” she said as she waved at me and walked backwards.

Then she quickly spun around and ran home.

 

I sighed as I entered my house….it seemed so empty now, without the bubbly princess.

Slowly, I pushed the door of the room that once used to be hers open.

I missed knocking on the door in the morning and calling “Agasshi..” to make her take her medicine.

I missed her face, her cheerful laugh and her playful voice….I missed all of it….and I didn’t even know her for that long.

I shook my head hard as I willed my mind to come back to me.

Even though I got that job at the royal clinic…it wouldn’t be the same anymore since she was the princess…and I…..

Was just a scholar….

I pulled the small cupboard in my room open as I pulled out a wooden box.

Inside it were the things I bought at the market that day with princess Seungyeon. The stuff she said she liked and I bought secretly….at that time it felt like it was a lot…but now even if I wanted to give it to her…it seemed to insignificant.

She was sure to have anything she wants at the palace.

What difference would these cheap market stuff make!

At that thought, I shoved the box back into the cupboard and slammed the door shut.

What was I even thinking…..she was the Princess….and what am I! It was impossible! Stop dreaming Jinyoung! Come back to reality!

I sighed again as I collapsed sideways onto my mattress….I should just stop dreaming.

The next day at the palace, Seungyeon was in chambers while the maids worked on her hair.

Please log in to read the full chapter