Back to the palace

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

I dragged my feet out of the room carrying a cloth sack with my stuff in my hand.

This wasn’t happening…I should be returning home now! This is all a dream, just close my eyes and I’ll be home!

“Agasshi..are you all right?” I could hear Jinyoung’s voice.

It wasn’t gonna happen…this was for real…I wasn’t going back home.

Maybe the wish I made on Chuseok night was coming true….I would find out who I was….but this was different. This was…..the princess!! The palace!!!!

“Agasshi..?”

“Doctor Jung…” I replied, looking up at him with a crying face.

Reading those history books and watching those period dramas….the palace was definitely not a good place to be! Power hungry people everywhere!!

“It’s gonna be fine.” Jinyoung assured, taking my hand.

I sighed, there wasn’t a choice was there.

“Let’s go..” I said, nodding.

Jinyoung and I left the house and I pulled the jacket over my head, grabbing the sides with my hands and pulling it around my chin.

“This way.” Jinyoung said, taking my hand and pulling me around the bend.

“Hopefully no one will spot us here.”

As we walked, my eyes darted around…somehow now every single villager looked like a shady character.

We were walking down an alleyway when suddenly two shady characters jumped out of nowhere.

They stood in front of us blocking out path, Jinyoung shuffled his feet to move away but the man blocked his way.

“Who are you!?” Jinyoung demanded, stepping in front of me to protect me from the men.

The two men said nothing and just drew their swords, they didn’t seem like villagers. They seemed trained, like someone had sent them to kill me.

“Don’t come any closer!” Jinyoung shouted, lifting his hands up to shield me.

“Agasshi..stay behind me.” He said, turning to me.

This was a crucial moment, they had weapons and we didn’t I had to think of a way to escape and fast!

Just then, my eyes fell on a stack of hay nearby and beside it was a cart full of sacks of sand.

In an instant, I rushed out and grabbed a stack of hay flinging it towards the two men. It hit their legs and they stumbled backwards, stunned.

While they were trying to get their position back I pushed the cart of sacks with all my might until the toppled onto the men, causing them to fall.

“Let’s go!” I quickly shouted as I saw the man fall, grabbing Jinyoung’s arm and pulling him with me.

“That was great agasshi…” Jinyoung panted as we ran.

Just as we were about to escape the alley way, another group of men rushed forward and blocked our way.

Probably the backup of the two men.

Jinyoung and I halted to a stop, be backed away as the men closed in on us, their sw

Please log in to read the full chapter