The flashbacks of memory continue

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning at princess Seungyeon’s chambers.

Seungyeon pov:

I sighed as I sat at the table with my head in my hands, it was only the second day in the palace and I was already getting bored to death!

Missing Jinyoung didn’t help either!

Maybe I should get out and try to solve the mystery of who tried to push me off the cliff.

“Mama…your medicine.” Jiyoung’s voice sounded as she came in carrying a tray with my medicine on it.

“Doctor Jung isn’t here to see me??” I ask, curiously peeking over Jiyoung’s shoulder.

Jiyoung smiled as she passed me the bowl of medicine.

“He told me to give this to you every morning.” She replied.

“Ssshii…” I made a face as I drank from the bowl.

Seems like he didn’t care about me at all.

“Mama….could it be…”

“Hmmmm?” I looked inquisitively at Jiyoung.

“Could it be….you like Jinyoung?” she said.

My eyes widened at here statement. “Nn No!” I stammered, trying to hide my embarrassment.

Was I that easy to read?

Jiyoung covered as she giggled.

“Ai….Mama, you don’t have to hide it! Jinyoung Orabeoni is cute, handsome, smart and caring! Who wouldn’t like him?” she said beaming at me.

I slowly looked up at her. “Really?? You think so too?”

She nodded. “Actually…..I used to like him too…very much actually.” She explained.

“Then why…what happened??” I asked, interested.

“Jinyoung…he….doesn’t like me like that….he likes someone else.” She replied with a disappointed look on her face.

I gasped. “*Heollll……who??”

Jiyoung looked at me through the side of her eye. “I….I better not say!” she said.

“Yah!!” I said, standing up abruptly from my chair.

Jiyoung moved back a little, shocked.

“Mama…” she said, making a face at me.

“Tell me whooo…” I insisted, pulling on her sleeve.

“I’m not! You’ll find out yourself.” She said, as she quickly moved out of my grip and directed her attention to clearing up the bowl on the table.

“Oho….” I said.

“Mama….you can ask Jinyoung, maybe he’ll tell you.” She winked, as she quickly scurried out of the room.

I was about to bolt out of the room after her when suddenly  the maid outside the door spoke.

“Mama….Lady Ok-jeong is here to see you.” She announced.

I quickly straightened out my clothes and stood aside waiting for her to enter.

“Eomeoni…” I replied, as she stepped into the room and sat at the table.

I sat down after her.

“Seungyeon ah….how are you? Is your memory slowly coming back?” she asked, with her motherly voice.

“Well…I do remember somethings, but not really everything yet.” I replied, scratching my head.

I didn’t get any of those awful headaches today.

She nodded. “It’s fine, you’ll slowly regain your memory.” She said, my hair affectionately.

I smiled at her, she was the perfect motherly like figure I had always imagine my mother to be.

“Eomeoni…what brings you here?” I asked.

“Ah, your father….he wants to have a royal banquet to celebrate your return to the palace.”

“A royal banquet!?” I exclaimed, it sounded fun.

She laughed at my silliness.

“Mmmm,  it’ll be the day after tomorrow…I’ll get the tailors here to sew you a beautiful new dress….” She smiled.

“Omo….daeeeebakkkk…” I said, then quickly covered my mouth realizing I was using modern korean slang lol.

She looked shocked for a while then later we laughed together.

“I’ll leave now….you can prepare yourself for the banquet.” She said, as she got up to go.

“Ooo Eomeoni!” I called after her.

She spun around.

“Who’s invited?” I asked, excitedly.

“Well, that’s a funny question..” she said.

“all the ministers and the queen and the crown princess of course...” She finished.

“Crown princess….” I mumbled to myself.

Does that mean I have an older sister…and my mother isn’t the queen.

“Is there anyone else you would like to invite?” she asked.

My face lighted up. “Doctor Jung from the royal clinic has to be there!” I quickly said.

My mom thought for a while. “Is that the young man who saved you?”

“Yes!” I said.

She smiled at me. “He will be there.” She said, as she left.

I grinned to myself, since Jinyoung didn’t want to come see me I had to find ways to see him.

“Jiyoung ah! Are you there?” I called.

“Ye.. Mama…” she replied, coming into the room.

“I’m going out.” I told her.

“Ye…Mama where are you going?” she asked, as she followed me out of my chambers.

“It’s so boring staying in my room the whole day, I want to explore the palace.” I grinned, as we walked.

“Now…where should we go…” I said, looking around.

I skipped around the palace looking around to see if there was anything interesting when I spotted a large field where there was a weapon rack and some flags around.

Must be the army training grounds, I thought to myself as I walked towards it.

I as dying to practice some martial arts…with REAL weapons kekeke…

“Mama…where are you going…I don't think we should go there.” Jiyoung asked nervously.

“Just follow me..” I said as we neared the training ground.

“Wahhhh…” I said, as I pulled out a sword from the weapon rack.

It was shiny…and kinda heavy…different than the samurai swords Dad kept on display back at our house in Seoul.

“Mama….” Jiyoung, pleaded nervously again.

I started waving the sword around, smiling at Jiyoung.

“Mama…that’s dangerous!!” she said.

I smiled and returned the sword back to it’s rack, there was a large flag in front of me…it was yellow with a red tiger on it.

It looked like it was some sort of doorway…I wondered what was on the other side of it.

I stepped forward and pushed my hand through the fl

Please log in to read the full chapter