My Girl

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/n: Omg!! I took super longggg to finish this chapter, so sorry for not updating for so long! I was busy haha...anyway it's Christmas Eve already, how are you guys enjoying your christmas holidays?? ^^ I will update again tomorrow!! ENJOY :D

 

Jinyoung pov:

I moved my body as I tried to force my eyes open, what happened? The last thing I remembered was that I was going to be hung….I felt a sharp pain around my throat, it was getting diffcult to breathe now.

I gasped for air as my eyes shot open, my hand immediately reaching out for my throat to make sure nothing was around it.

My breathing started to regulate as I saw Seungyeon’s sleeping figure in front of me. I smiled as I reached out my hand and ran my fingers through her hair, was she worried about me so she slept on the bed with me last night?

Seungyeon started to stir as she fluttered her eyelids at me.

“Doctor Jung….” She mumbled sleepily as she looked into my eyes.

“Did you have a good sleep?” I asked, smiling at her.

Her cheeks blushed a light shade of pink as I moved my face closer to hers.

Just then, the door swung open as Jiyoung walked in.

“Mama, I’ve brought the medicine.” She announced as she walked in noisy.

Seungyeon widened her eyes as she heard Jiyoung’s voice, she quickly bolted up from the bed and while doing so fell off the bed, onto the floor.

“Mama!” Jiyoung and I called out in unison as I sat up and looked over the bed’s edge.

“Aiishh…” Seungyeon mumbled as she rubbed he head with her hand.

I chuckled at her clumsiness, she was so cute sometimes.

“Mama are you all right??” Jiyoung asked, rushing over to Seungyeon’s side.

“I’m fine…ahem…” Seungyeon said, quickly getting up from the floor and dusting her clothes.

“Mama….you don’t have to be embarrassed, I know you slept with Jinyoung Orabeoni last night.” Jiyoung teased.

Seungyeon started to blush as she looked from me to Jiyoung.

“I was just…worried he might catch a cold…” she said quickly.

Jiyoung made a face as she picked up the bowl of medicine from the table.

Just as she did that, I felt my throat tighten.

I grabbed my throat as I started coughing uncontrollably, I must have hurt my windpipe when I was being strangled by the rope.

“Doctor Jung! Are you all right?” I heard Seungyeon’s voice as she flew to my side.

I frowned as I continued to cough, unable to reply her.

“The medicine!” Seungyeon called out to Jiyoung, who nodded and quickly passed the bowl over.

I opened my mouth slightly as Seungyeon fed me the medicine.

“I’m fine..” I assured Seungyeon as I lowered my hand from my throat.

“That’s it….you’re not going anywhere until you’ve recovered, you’ll stay here and I’m going to look after you.” Seungyeon said.

“Mama…it isn’t good for me to keep staying here, people will talk.”

“Who cares what they say, I won’t let you out of my sight again….I don’t want to lose you.” She said.

I nodded as I stared into her eyes, I knew how she felt…..I felt the same way. I was always worrying when she might disappear, maybe the next morning I wouldn’t be able to see her cheerful face…or hear her laugh.

I reached out and wrapped my arms around her slim body.

I wanted to spend every moment with her…until our time was up…until she would leave me forever.

At the Prison.

Gyuri pov:

I was sitting down in the jail cell with my legs crossed, I couldn’t believe this was happening. I wasn’t in jail was I? This was all a dream wasn’t it?

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!” I screamed, running my hands through my hair.

This wasn’t happening!!! How could Seungyeon have found that letter I wrote to the Queen!! How could I have been so careless.

I didn’t want to accept it.

I heard the sound of footsteps as I got up from the ground and ran towards the cell door, pressing my cheek against the wooden bars to see who was coming.

“Omma Mama!” I called as I saw my Mother approaching.

“Gyuri ah!” she said, as she reached out and touched my face.

“Gyuri ah, what happened??? Why are you here!?” she asked.

“Omma Mama….” I said again, as my voice wavered.

This was the first time I felt like crying, I never cried….never!

“They found out….” I replied, looking down at the floor.

“Gyuri ah….your Father said his decision is to send you to exile on Jeju island! That’s terrible….we need to do something to stop it!” she said.

“Omma Mama….I’m sorry! I wanted a better life for us……”

“Gyuri ah!!”

Just then the guards shuffled in.

“Mama…I’m sorry the King has ordered for the Crown Princess to be taken into exile.” The guard said.

“Gyuri ah!!” the Queen screamed as the guards pulled open the door and dragged me out.

“Omma Mama….don’t worry about me! I will write to you…wait for my letter!” I called out to her as I was being dragged further away.

As I was being dragged to the carriage which would take me to Jeju Island, I saw the King standing outside.

“Gyuri ah…” he said, as he looked at me with those eyes of his.

He was pitying me….I hated when people pitied me!

I stared at him with angry eyes, this man wasn’t my Father! I hated him!!! I hated him!!!

“Your not my Father!!! You never once looked out for me and Mother!! If you did I wouldn’t have turned out this way!!! It’s all your fault!!! YOU FAULT!!!” I screamed at him.

The King sighed as he shook his head.

“Gyuri ah, it will do you good if you repent on your sins, I will let you come back when the time is right.” He said.

“Hah! Repent on my sins!?” I spat.

“I don’t need your pity!!! I hate it!!!” I shouted.

The King walked away was I was being dragged to the carriage.

This wasn’t over….I wanted my revenge…they won’t be able to escape it.

Few days later.

Jinyoung pov:

Life was back to normal in the palace now, the Crown Princess had been sent to exile on Jeju island so there wasn’t anyone to create trouble in the palace anymore.

“Doctor Jung, are you sure you’re ready to start work? Are y our wounds fully healed yet??” Seungyeon asked as she followed me towards the royal clinic.

She had insisted I stay by her side till I was well again.

“Mama, I’m fine…don’t worry about me all right?” I smiled at her as I took her hands.

She sighed. “All right, don’t exert yourself too much okay?” she said, making a face at me.

I nodded at her before I entered the royal clinic, the royal doctors were all busy sorting out everything after Physician Lee had tried to poison the King.

“Oh…Doctor Jung…” one of the doctors said as he approached me.

“Ye.” I asked in a questioning tone.

“The King wishes to see you at his quarters.” He said.

I frowned, wondering what it might be that the King wanted to see me.

“You should go over now, he is expecting you.”

“Ye, I’ll make my way there.” I replied as I turned to walk out of the royal clinic.

Thoughts running through my head as I made my way towards the King’s quarters….was it good news?

“Jeonha, this is Doctor Jung.” I said at the door.

“Come this way, his majesty is expecting you.” The eunuch said as he led me inside.

“Jeonha.” I greeted as I entered the main room.

“Ah…Doctor Jung, you’re here.” The King said.

“Ye Jeonha, I heard you had something to say to me.”

“Firstly I want to apologise for wrongly suspecting you…” he started.

“Jeonha…you don’t have to apologise, it was my fault for not being careful.” I replied.

The King coughed a little, he still looked sickly and didn’t look any better than the last time I saw him.

“As you know I am not in the pink of health anymore, illness has plagued me. I have gotten worse after I found out it was Gyuri who tried to poison me….” He stopped as he looked at me and smiled.

“Seungyeon would most probably be the one to take over the throne….and I want someone wise to be by her side and guide her when I’m not here anymore.”

“Jeonha…”

I kind of knew where he was going with this.

“I know very well Seungyeon’s feelings towards you…at first I was apprehensive, but after all that’s happened….will you promise me you will take good care of Seungyeon…?” he asked.

“Jeonha…I may be lacking in many areas but I will try my best. I will not fail you or Seungyeon Mama..” I replied as I bowed my head down in respect.

The King nodded thoughtfully.

“That is all I want to hear.” He said.

As I left the King’s quarters, I thought about what he said.

I did the right thing, I was sure I would protect Seungyeon with my life and I would never let any harm come to her. But we were keeping a secret….Seungyeon wasn’t from here, she was someone from the future..and I don’t know how much longer she had here.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, for as long as she is here…I will make sure I protect her…and this country.

The next day.

Jinyoung pov:

I was finally going back to school now that everything had settled down in the palace. I missed being able to re

Please log in to read the full chapter