Secret Passages

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

“Doctor Jung…” I called as I knelt down beside his cell.

“Mama…” he called as he shuffled towards me.

“It’s cold, so I brought you this…” I told him as I passed him a thick blanket through the cell bars.

“I’m glad you came….or I would have frozen to death…” Jinyoung said, as he gave me a weak smile.

A worried frown formed on my face as I grabbed onto Jinyoung’s hand.

“Wait a little more….I’ve found some evidence but it’s not enough yet, I promise I’ll get you out of here soon.” I assured.

“Mama…never once have I doubted you…don’t worry too much about me and focus on solving the case all right?” he said, as the side of his face caught the light of the moon.

I could see his face was swollen and bruised.

“It’s all because of me…..if it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t be suffering like this, it’s all my fault…” I stuttered as I started to break down and cry.

“Mama…it’s okay, it isn’t your fault…I don’t ever regret the path I’ve chosen, because if I didn’t chose this path..I wouldn’t have met you and meeting you is the best thing that happened in my life. So don’t blame yourself okay?” Jinyoung said, as he reached out and wiped the tears away from my eyes with his thumb.

I trembled as his icy cold fingers brushed against my cheek, looking up at him with eyes brimmed with tears.

I didn’t want to go back to the future anymore….if only I could spend the rest of my life here….with Jinyoung.

Just then, Jinyoung widened his eyes as he stared at my arm. Wondering what he was looking at, I lifted up my arm in front of my face…..

I gulped as my arm started to fade away in front of me….it became invisible.

“What’s happening!?” I cried in shock as I used my other arm to see if I could touch the arm that was disappearing but it was like my arm wasn't there.

“Mama…you’re disappearing…” Jinyoung said as he quickly reached out to grab my arm but his hand went right through my arm.

We stared at each other in shock, not knowing what to do.

I shook my arm vigorously as the color slowly came back to it and it went back to normal.

“What…” I mumbled under my breath as I turned my hand around in front of my face.

“It happened the last time too….when we went to see the cherry blossoms…” Jinyoung said.

Now I knew why Jinyoung had suddenly grabbed me in a hug that time.

“Don’t worry! I’m not going to disappear….not as long as you’re still suffering in here.” I told Jinyoung, with a confident face.

“Mmmm..” Jinyoung said simply as he nodded at me with a smile.

 “Just a little while longer…I promise..” I told him, as I slowly got up from the ground to leave.

Just a while longer…

At Princess Seungyeon’s quarters.

Shi Yoon pov:

I pulled the black hood over my head as I adjusted the mask over my mouth, it had been a while since I had to don the black ninja suit and go on a mission.

The adrenalin was getting to me, this was also our last chance to convict the Crown Princess for all her evil deeds…she should get what she deserves for trying to harm both Princess Seungyeon and the King.

“Ready?” Joong Ki asked, as he placed his sword on the table and sat down.

Scholars never wielded weapons but because Lord Song groomed Joong Ki to be the next heir of the throne, he knew how to fight.

We looked towards the door as it squeaked open and Princess Seungyeon entered.

“It’s time.” She announced.

“Ye Mama..” I nodded, as Joong Ki and I got ready.

“I’ll meet you at the Crown Princess’s quarters, you’ll strike once you are sure both of us are out of the room.” Seungyeon said.

“We will not fail you.” Joong Ki said.

The Princess gave us a last nod as she left the room a few moments later.

Outside.

Seungyeon pov:

I took a deep breath as I walked down the steps of my quarters, I had many thoughts running through my mind.

What if I disappeared suddenly, what would I do if I couldn’t come back and Jinyoung was left here.

What if when I go back….I wouldn’t remember any of this, what if this was all just a dream?

Was I here to save my Father? How sick was he, did he drink more of the poison yet?

I shook my head hard to get all the thoughts out of my head, I just had to concentrate on one thing right now…that is finding that evidence and make sure Gyuri is guilty.

As I got off the last step, suddenly guards appeared and held their spears in front of me in a cross, blocking me from walking.

“What’s the meaning of this?” I hissed.

“Mama..I’m sorry but the King has ordered us t

Please log in to read the full chapter