Abuji!?

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

Walking up the tall steps of the palace, I turned my head to look at the scenery around me. Never would I have dreamt to be in a place like this…and actually be…a real Joseon dynasty princess.

“Mama…” Shi yoon called me out of my thoughts.

“Y….” then I stopped myself, remembering I was supposed to talk down to him.

“What is it?” I asked, widening my eyes to look at him.

Shi yoon smiled. “Do you….remember me?” he asked.

I was about to open my mouth to say something when Jinyoung spoke.

“Forgive me for interrupting but…..the princess has lost her memory.” He answered.

I nodded at Shi yoon in agreement. “He he….”

“Ah….”

“What was your name…..what did mama call you just now….jung..” Shi yoon said, trying to remember.

“Doctor Jung!” I quickly said.

“Ah…Doctor Jung…are you a doctor?” he asked.

“Ah….I…not really yet…I’m just a scholar studying medicine.”

Shi yoon laughed as we finally reached the top of the stairs.

“The king and lady Ok-jeong is waiting inside.” He said, opening the door and stepping aside to let me in.

I nodded at him as I entered the room.

The inside was filled with dark almost wine colored wood furniture with colorful fabrics around with gold, yellow and purples.

There was a round table in the middle and a man was sitting at the table with his back turned to me, he was in red robes with gold embroidery of a dragon.

“That must be the King…” I thought to myself.

Beside him, pacing back and forth nervously was a woman in light pink and blue robes with her hair tied up…the traditional hairstyle for ladies of the palace in the Joseon period.

“And that must be….my mother…the queen??…”

In my life back in Seoul, I never knew who my Mother was….it was just me and my Dad. He told me my Mother left when I was just a baby so I couldn’t really remember her face and the only picture of us three together had her face torn out of it.

“Seungyeon ah!” the woman cried as she saw me walking in.

She rushed to me and embraced me in a hug before I could say anything.

So I was called Seungyeon here…too…?

“Eomeoni…” I mumbled as I succumbed to her warm embrace.

It really felt like she was welcoming a lost child home.

“Seungyeon ah…” she repeated again, holding my face in her hands and my hair.

“You must have suffered so much..” she continued, continuing to hug me.

“What happened? Do you recognize your eomeoni?” she asked, seeing my bewildered face.

“Eomeoni…the truth is….”

“Mama….the princess has suffered a traumatic experience and has lost her memory.” Shi yoon finished.

“Ohh…Seungyeon ah….my poor daughter has suffered so much….” She continued.

“Let me see her…” the King spoke.

My mother, stepped to the side as the King rose from his seat and turned around.

But when I saw his face……

My jaw dropped open…..it was….my Father???

“Abuji…” I spouted out….couldn’t control it.

“Abuji!!” I said again, couldn’t believe he was in front of my eyes….did he recognize me???

The King looked shocked for a while but then his shocked expression became a smile.

 “Abuji….You’re alive!?” I said in disbelief.

The King laughed. “Of course I’m alive silly child!” he said, ruffling my hair and then bringing me in for a hug.

“I should be asking you that…you were missing for so many days I was so worried.” He finished.

Tears started falling from my eyes as I hugged him….I was so overwhelmed with emotions.

I was so happy to see my Dad again…..but he wasn’t really the Dad I knew…was he? He looked the same….but he didn’t recognize me like I recognized him.

“Don’t cry anymore.” He said as he wiped the tears away from my eyes.

“All that matters is that you’re back now…..that is all that matters.” He said, smiling at me with his warm smile.

“Official Yoon, you said she lost her memory, but looks like she remembers me just fine.” The King said laughing.

“Forgive me Your Majesty.” Shi yoon replied, bowing.

I was still lost in my thoughts, trying to fathom what was happening right now. The reason I had come here…maybe it was because of my Dad.

 “Who’s the one that saved the princess?” The King asked.

“He’s here, your majesty.” Shi yoon replied, stepping aside to reveal Jinyoung.

I had almost forgotten he

Please log in to read the full chapter