The Proposal

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/n: I'm using this song again! Because it's the perfect song for this chapter! ^^ And Oh No I lost a subscriber :(

 

Seungyeon pov:

Jiyoung peeked over my shoulder as I stir fried the rice in the pot, I was getting bored of eating traditional Korean food and suddenly had a craving for Omu rice!

So I was cooking it with whatever ingredients here that was available to me. I used pork chopped into small pieces instead of spam and leafy vegetables and cabbage instead of carrots and peppers.

“Are the eggs ready?” I asked, tossing the rice around in the wok a few more rounds.

“Ye Mama…” Jiyoung replied, holding out the bowl with beaten up eggs inside.

I smiled at her, she looked curious as to what I was cooking. I was totally bad at cooking, I didn’t even know if I could fry an egg properly….but I was craving for Omu rice badly and I remembered seeing a cooking show that taught how to cook it.

“Ahhh…” I winced as the rice splirted a little onto my arm.

“Mama…let me do it, you can just direct me.” Jiyoung offered.

I nodded as I passed her the thing you used to fry stuff with….I think it's called a spatula.

“That’s enough I think the rice is done.” I told Jiyoung.

She nodded as she scooped the rice out onto a plate.

“Now you fry the egg.” I said, passing her the bowl with beaten egg in it.

Jiyoung nodded as she flipped the egg skillfully…she sure was Daughter-in-law material.

“Now add it on top of the rice.” I told her.

Jiyoung finished plating it as I stared at it with my mouth wide open…it looked sooo goood.

“Wait, omu rice isn’t complete without ketchup!” I said.

Jiyong widened her eyes at me.

She probably didn’t understand what I was saying.

I smiled to myself, of course they didn’t have ketchup here.

“Could you make sweet and sour sauce?” I asked.

Jiyound nodded as she got to work, after finishing I ladelled it onto the top of the egg in the signature squiggly pattern that ketchup was always decorated onto omu rice.

“Done!” I said, grinning to myself.

“Mama…where did you learn to make something like this, I have never seen anything like this before.” Jiyoung asked.

“Mmmm….I saw this being sold at one of the inns in town.” I lied.

“Really??? They sell this??” Jiyoung asked, widening her eyes.

“Ahhh I’m hungry…” I said quickly, hoping Jiyoung wouldn’t ask anymore.

I took a huge spoonful of the omu rice as shoved it into my mouth. I closed my eyes as the different tastes filled my tongue…..it was sooo gooddd….

“Is it good?” Jiyoung asked, staring at my expression.

Without saying anything, I fed her a spoonful before she could protest.

“Oo…delicious….” She said.

I smiled.

“Pack this up! Doctor Jung asked me to meet him by the lake later…I want him to try some of this!” I told Jiyoung.

“Ye Mama…” Jiyoung replied, mouth still full with rice.

Later.

I arranged my hair as I stared at my reflection on the bronze mirror, Jinyoung had asked me to meet him by the lake…the one where I almost drowned and he saved me.

The portal that brought me here…..

I curled my fingers around the handle of the basket with the lunchboxes in them, I wondered what he was going to tell me? Maybe he just wanted to have a date with me?

I grew nervous as my heart started to beat lightly against my chest, it was like our ve

Please log in to read the full chapter