Date

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Seungyeon pov:

Shi yoon and I were enjoying a meal under the trees near the cliff after that horrific experience! It was a good thing I managed to save him and he didn’t fall off that treacherous cliff, if he did I wouldn’t know what I would do.

I grabbed one of the rice cakes off the lunchbox and put it into my mouth, it was delicious….but after a few days of this food I was beginning to miss Seoul street food!! The dukkbokki, hot bars and kimbaps! Omo…just thinking about those was making me drool!

“Mama, aren't you going to eat the dried persimmons?” Jiyoung asked, calling me out of my thoughts of FOODDD.

“Hmmm..?” I replied as I looked at the box of dried persimmons.

I was allergic to those, if I ate them I would have breathing problems and stuff and even a rash. It was due to the powdered sugar they sprinkled over the persimmons.

“I’m allergic to those, I can't eat it.” I replied.

Jiyoung looked at me curiously.

“Hmmm? Mama..is that true, if I remember correctly my eonni used to tell me these were your favourite.” She said.

I gulped down the leftover rice cake in my mouth.

“It was?”

Jiyoung nodded. “Did your taste change as well after the fall?”

I shrugged, hope they wouldn’t realize I’m an impersonator or something..I thought looking nervously from Jiyoung to Shi Yoon.

Jiyoung shrugged. “Well, if you don’t want it then Yoon Nari can have it.” She said, smiling and pushing the box to Shi Yoon.

“Ah…I’m full already…you can have it.” Shi Yoon replied.

While they were busy talking about the dried persimmons, a sudden gust of wind blew past us.

I looked up at the trees as the leaves rustled in the wind, at that moment I had the urge to stand up.

I didn’t know what was this feeling, I stood up slowly from the ground and started walking deeper into the forest.

“Mama! Where are you going??” I heard Jiyoung call.

“Mama!” Shi Yoon’s voice sounded as well.

After walking about a feet into the forest, the wind that was blowing pulled me to a stop. I looked around the forest from left to right and at that moment people started to appear in front of me.

There were a few men dressed in black with cloth masks over their faces, they were talking to a lady….who had a veil over her head. In her hands was a paper fan….with the drawing of a lotus on it…she was using it to cover the bottom half of her face.

After they finished talking, she turned to face me and she pointed towards the cliff….I could see her face now…it was the Crown Princess.

The men, hid at the trees as they watched out for someone….I turned to the pathway and there I saw myself….with a palace maid by her side…

Then my head started to hurt again.

“Mama!! Are you all right?” I heard Shi Yoon’s voice.

“Aigoo..Mama…” Jiyoung.

They brought me to sit down, back at the place where we will having our meal.

“Mama are you all right?” Jiyoung asked, patting my forehead with a cloth.

“Did you see something?” Shi Yoon asked.

I nodded at Shi Yoon.

“The Crown Princess….she was here, with some men dressed in black.” I told him.

Shi Yoon widened his eyes at me. “Do you think she was involved…?”

“Does she have a paper fan? Like with a lotus on it…”

Shi Yoon quickly shuffled through his clothes and pulled out a paper fan.

“Is this the one??” he asked, opening the fan and placing it on the ground in front of me.

Yes….this was it. I thought as the picture of the fan flashed clearly in my mind. This was definitely it.

“Yes!” I exclaimed.

“Mama…we have suspected the Crown Princess before, however….it’s hard to convict her as we did not have enough evidence. The last witness was also killed before I could interrogate him.” Shi Yoon explained.

I frowned…we were getting somewhere…but we needed evidence.

“Mama…maybe with just your testimony we could convict the crown princess.” Shi Yoon said.

I shook my head. “It isn't the time yet, if she’s going down…I want to make sure it’s foolproof.”

“I understand Mama..” Shi yoon replied.

“Mama…we should get back to the palace now, Lady Ok Jeong has prepared a dress fitting for you..” Jiyoung said.

“Ah…you’re right.” I said, as I stood up from the ground.

The royal banquet was tomorrow.

“Mama, if you remember anything you can come to me. I will do my best to work on the case.” Shi Yoon said.

“I will.” I replied.

The next day…..

Seungyeon pov:

“Wahh Mama…you look really pretty.” Jiyoung said, adjusting my clothes.

I grinned at her, I never knew how beautiful and intricate traditional palace clothing were until now.

“Is my Mother coming here?” I asked.

“She said she’ll meet you at the venue Mama.” Jiyoung replied.

I nodded as I stepped out of my room, I wondered what Jinyoung would think of my new outfit.

“Mama…is something really funny?” Jiyoung asked, as she saw me grinning to myself.

“Oh..nothing.” I said, quickly.

We reached the area where the royal banquet was going to be held, most of the ministers were already there and palace maids and guards were scurrying around getting things ready.

“Mama, you’re here..this way please.” One of the royal guards directed me.

I walked towards the stairs, on top of the stairs was a sort of pavilion/tent and there were five seats there and a long table.

I spotted the Crown Princess as I walked towards the stairs, she had taken a seat next to the Queen. The King and my mother were already seated in their respective place. I saw the Crown Princess look at me through the side of her eye as I sat down.

To think that she was the one who wanted me dead….and I even thought it would be fun to have an older sister.

“Jeonha…..Eomeoni….” I greeted the King and my Mother as I bowed.

“Oh, Seungyeon ah….have a seat.” The King replied, smiling.

I returned his smile as I sa

Please log in to read the full chapter