Ninjas at night

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

At the police station, Shi Yoon is at his desk looking through some cases in his book when his subordinate Hyukjin entered.

Shi Yoon pov:

“Nari…” Hyukjin called, standing at the doorway of my office.

“What is it?” I asked, looking up from my work.

“There’s some movement from the crown princesses’ quarters, I believe she is getting ready to go out.”

I nodded “Get ready to move out.” I said as I stood up from my desk.

“Ye!”

I quickly changed into some dark clothes and tied a black cloth over my face, covering it so only my eyes could be seen.

“Get the others and let’s go.” I told Hyukjin as I left the police station making sure no one saw me.

I wondered what the crown princess had to do by herself so late at night, she might be meeting someone who was involved with princess Seungyeon’s disappearance.

If only I could catch them and get them to confess….

“Nari…she’s leaving her quarters.”

We slowly tailed the princess, making sure not to be discovered.

She had a cloth covering her head so others wouldn’t see her face.

We watched from behind some bushes a distance away as the princess stopped by a house. I could tell for certain it wasn’t someone significant as the house was pretty broken down.

With her, was her personal maid and her personal bodyguard along with another man whom I couldn’t seem to recognize, as I couldn’t get a good view of his face.

As we watched, the crown princess and her group entered the house…just as they did that, the unidentified man turned his head around to make sure no one was behind them and I got a clear view of his face…..

“Nari…” Hyukjin whispered. “isn’that….”

“The Prime Minister.” I finished.

I took a deep breath as I thought….so both of them were in cahoots together huh…Joong ki’s father…and the crown princess.

“Nari…shall we proceed?” Hyukjin asked.

“We’ll wait for the crown princess to finish her business and leave….then we’ll go in the house and capture the person in there and make him tell us what the crown princess and the prime minister asked him to do.”

“Ye…”

Quite a while later, the crown princess and her party left the house..suprisingly, she only had her personal body guard with her and not an army to protect her if she got into any harm.

“Let’s go.” I said as I pulled the black cloth over my face and crept up to the house under the cover of the night sky.

We reached the door and I kicked it open, quickly moving in to see if anyone was around.

We searched the house and I kicked open the door of one of the rooms, revealing a man inside…he was sitting in front of a chest with gold inside and looked shocked to see us.

“Aigooo!! Who are you people!” he asked, quickly standing up.

“Freeze!” I said as my men came up on either sides of me and we surrounded him

He wasn’t about to listen to my orders as his eyes darted around looking for a weapon or a means of escape.

His eyes darted to me as he was about to grab a sword on the nearby table, but I lunged forward and slashed his hand before he could.

“Ahhhhhh!!” he screamed, grabbing his bleeding arm.

Wasting no time, I put my sword to his neck. “You better come with us now if you want to keep your life.” I said coldly.

“Whhh..what do you want!???” the man said pleadingly “who are youuu?”

“You are suspected to be involved in the disappearance of the princess…..we have a few questions for you.” I replied.

“Was that the crown princess you met just now?” Hyukjin interrogated.

“I…III..I ddon’t know what you’re talking about!” the man said with a firm face but he was trembling.

Withdrawing my sword, I kicked him in the knees and elbowed the side of his head and he was knocked out.

“Look’s like he’s not gonna talk, take him back with us..we’ll interrogate him at the police station.” I ordered.

“Ye, Nari!” Hyukjin said as he and the other men grabbed on to the motionless body of the man.

I pushed open the door and the men dragged him out but to our surprise, there was a group of men with swords waiting outside for us.

“shiiiingggg” the sounds of their swords leaving their sheaths could be heard as they moved towards us.

My feet scrambled on the sandy ground as we retreated backwards.

There were so many of them…and only just 5 of us.

But I couldn’t risk losing the only witness.

“Attack!” the group of men shouted as they charged towards us.

“Get them!” I shouted as I drew my sword.

Someone really didn’t want us to get to this man.

“One…..two…..three…….four!” I counted as my sword sliced through their bodies.

Just then, one of the stronger men charged towards me, I turned to strike but I was too late and his sword sliced me at the side of my chest near to my shoulder.

“Ahhhhh…” I said gritting my teeth as my knees went wobbly and I knelt on the ground.

“Nari!!!” I could hear Hyukjin shout as he quickly ran towards the man and finished him off before he could finish me off.

“Nari!!” Hyukjin said kneeling by my side.

“I’m fine!” I said wincing and grabbing my bleeding wound.

“Nari…”

“Where’s the witness!” I asked, standing up and looking around.

Just at that moment I saw one of the men slice the witnesses’ throat….he was…dead.

“NO!!!” I said, moving towards him but it was already…..too late.

“Nari, we need to retreat! There are to many of them!” Hyukjin notified me.

I nodded “Let’s go.” I said, as Hyukjin called the other men and we left the place.

Back at the police station….

I sighed as frowned and banged my fist on the table.

How could I let the only witness I have…die….someone must have known we were there…but who..

“Nari….calm down…your wound is quite deep.” The doctor said as he worked on bandaging my wound.

I sighed….it has been so many days…and I’m nowhere near solving this case.

At Jinyoung’s house.

Seungyeon pov:

I was getting ready to go to town today, Jinyoung said he was going to take me.

I was excited; finally I could be out of the house and so something interesting!

“Shhhii….” I said in frustration as I let my hair go, why was it so hard to tie this traditional Korean hairstyle! Why can’t I just leave my hair untied like this…

I frowned as I pushed open the door of my room and looked out, this was going to take forever I might as well get someone to help me.

“Jeogi….” I said, grinning slightly as I saw the maid.

Please log in to read the full chapter