Learning to ride a horse

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

“Mama…you’re awake?” I heard Jiyoung call, as she entered the room with the bronze basin of water and a cloth for me to wash my face.

“Hmmm..” I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes, trying to recall what happened last night.

I was talking to Jinyoung…..it wasn’t a dream was it. I thought scratching my head, then I remembered…Joong ki kissed me!

“Omo....” I said to myself as I brushed my fingers against my lips.

“Mama..are you all right?” Jiyoung asked, looking at me.

“Mmmm…I’m fine.” I said, smiling at her.

“Oh, Jinyoung asked me to pass this to you when you wake up.” She said, pulling a piece of folded paper out from her sleeve.

I took the paper from her and unfolded it, wondering what it was.

Jiyoung peered over my shoulder curiously.

“What did he say?” she asked, as I read from the paper.

It was in hanja, so I took a while to decode it.

“If you really love someone, then you will always feel it, a person’s feelings never change. Whatever happens that person will always be in your heart.” I read out loud.

It was the saying Jinyoung told me yesterday from one of the novels he read.

I smiled at it as I folded it nicely and placed it in one of the drawers in the room, so meeting Jinyoung last night wasn’t a dream.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Jiyoung asked, scratching her head.

“Hehe…it’s a secret!” I said, as I skipped to the cupboards to get my clothes.

“Jiyoung ah…get ready we’re going out.”

“Ooh…ye Mama..” she replied.

After getting ready, I peeked out of the my chambers and looked around the corridor from left to right.

I was thinking about the situation with me and Joong ki….and I know I shouldn’t avoid it but…seeing him would make the situation even more awkward! I actually turned down his proposal…just thinking about it was giving me a headache.

“Mama…who are you looking for?” Jiyoung asked.

“Joong ki….our talk yesterday didn’t go too well.” I explained.

After making sure he wasn’t there, we left the chambers.

At the crown princesses’ quarters.

Gyuri pov:

“Mama…this is Taejun.”

“Come in.”

“What have you found out?”

“Mama..apparently Seungyeon mama has rejected Joong ki’s proposal.”

I turned to look at him. “Is that true?” I asked in disbelief, why would Seungyeon reject Joong ki’s proposal.

“Ye Mama…”

“What is the reason?”

“We are not sure yet of the reason Mama..”

I sighed as I rested my arm on the table, was it because she lost her memory? But even that…she should have remembered Joong ki.

“Continue to keep an eye on princess Seungyeon.” I ordered.

“Ye Mama..” Taejun replied, as he backed out of the door.

Something wasn’t right….now that I would finally get to marry the man I loved….it was just too…easy.

There was something different about Seungyeon….but I needed to find out what.

Seungyeon and Jiyoung were walking around in the palace.

Seungyeon pov:

“Mama…how come you’re so energetic? You haven’t even had your meal yet.” Jiyoung asked.

“I’m not hungry….and I’m suddenly feeling excited about finding who tried to kill me….I want to find out.”

“Jiyoung ah, do you know anything?” I asked.

“Well…I don’t really know much..I want to find out about my eonni’s death too. But Mama….you need to beware of the crown princess…” Jiyoung warned.

I frowned, suddenly thinking about the flashback I had that day of the crown princess walking in the forest.

“Is our relationship really bad??” I asked curiously.

“My eonni always told me stories about the crown princess bullying you….she was jealous, cause the King favored you more….and also because you had Joong ki…” she explained.

“Jiyoung ah….actually yesterday, Joong ki tried to propose to me…but I rejected him. Was that a bad thing??” I whispered.

“Whatttt!?” Jiyoung exclaimed loudly.

“Shhhh..” I told her, as she quickly covered .

“Mama! You were engaged to him weren’t you…omo…he must be feeling so sad right now.” She said in a pitiful voice.

“But…I don’t have feelings for him.” I told her.

“Aisshhh…because you like Jinyoung now???” Jiyoung said.

“Shhhiiii….” I hissed at her.

She giggled a little. “I’m sorry Mama…”

I made a face at her as we continued walking….maybe I should go and see Official Yoon.

We neared the police station, the guards stood at attention as I approached.

“Is official Yoon in?” I asked, the guard at the doorway.

“Mama…Yoon nari is out on patrol.” He replied.

“I’ll wait for him inside then…tell him I’m here.” I said, as I stepped into the police station.

“Ye Mama!”

I walked around the inside of the police station, there was a large rectangular wooden table with chairs all around. Around the room there were all sorts of weapons hanging on the walls and some on stands.

“Mama…are you here to ask Yoon nari about the incident?” Jiyoung asked curiously as I took a seat at the table.

“Mmm..” I said nodding.

“Actually..I also want to learn how to ride a horse!” I smiled.

Jiyoung widened her eyes at me. “Mama…don't you know how to ride already??

Please log in to read the full chapter