Proving Innocence

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter
A/n: I'm done! I'm done! I've marked the part where I continued in RED! :D Enjoy~ And to those who commented!! Thank you so much...I'm glad you enjoy reading it! ^~^

 

At the prison where Seungyeon and Jinyoung were being held.

Jinyoung pov:

The royal doctor shook his head as he felt Seungyeon’s forehead.

“Her fever’s still not gone down.” He said.

“She’s getting worse isn't she?” I asked, furrowing my brow.

She looked even weaker than before now.

“I’m fine.” Seungyeon said weakly, drinking out of the medicine bowl.

I sighed, wondering if Jiyoung had got the letter to Yoon Nari safely.

The doctor left after giving Seungyeon her medicine.

“Seungyeon ah!” there was some voices as Lady Ok-Jeong appeared outside the cell.

“Eomeoni.” Seungyeon replied, as she smiled a little.

“Aiii….if only your Father could see you like this….he would get you out of here immediately.”

“Eomeoni…I’m fine..don’t worry about me.”

“Aigooo….the doctor said your fever isn’t subsiding, how can you be fine?”

“The doctor has already given me the medicine, I’ll be fine after some rest…Eomeoni…don’t worry about me..I will be out soon.” Seungyeon said, giving a reassuring smile.

I sighed as I clenched my fist.

What was taking them so long.

Back at the police station, Jiyoung, Shi Yoon and Joong Ki were sitting around the table with the gold dagger and the blood message in front of them.

Shi Yoon pov:

“So what’s the plan now?” Joong Ki asked.

“We’ll need to call for a side hall meeting to present what we have to the King.” I replied.

Joong Ki and Jiyoung nodded.

“First we’ll present the dagger to prove Princess Seungyeon is really the princess and then Joong Ki you’ll make an appearance and prove that she didn’t murder you.” I explained.

“Have a good night’s rest, tomorrow we meet the King.”

The next day at the King’s quarters, Shi Yoon pays a visit to the King.

Shi Yoon pov:

“Announce me to his majesty.” I told the guard at the door.

He nodded. “Jeonha, official Yoon from the police investigation bureau seeks an audience.”

“Send him in.” I heard the King reply as the guard opened the door for me.

“Jeonha.” I greeted the King, bowing my head.

“What’s the matter?” he asked.

“Jeonha, I would like to request a side hall meeting regarding Princess Seungyeon’s case.” I said.

At that sentence, the King looked up from what he was doing and looked at me.

“Do you have any new evidence?” he asked.

“Jeonha, I believe Seungyeon Mama is being framed…Seungyeon Mama is your most precious daughter, don’t you want to clear her name too?”

“Are you criticizing my judgement?” The King frowned.

“Forgive me your majesty….if you would order a side hall meeting I would be more than happy to clear Seungyeon Mama’s name.” I said.

The King nodded thoughtfully as he sighed.

I knew inside he was sad that Princess Seungyeon was in jail and he believed her innocence, but being a King…personal feelings needed to be put aside in situations like this.

“Very well..I will order for a sidehall meeting.” He stated.

“Ye Jeonha.” I replied, as I backed out of the room.

Back at the Police station, Joong Ki was sitting down preparing himself for his appearance later.

Joong Ki pov:

I sighed as I looked down at my servant’s clothes, aren’t there any better clothes than this for my appearance later??

To think that it had been almost a month since my “disappearance”, before when I was the Young Master of the Song clan…all I wore were specially tailored expensive silk!

“Mmmm.” I heard Jiyoung voice, as I looked up at her.

She was holding some clothes in her hand.

“What’s this?” I asked, flipping through the clothes.

“Clothes of course!” Jiyoung stated.

“Don’t you know what they are?” she said sarcastically.

“Aishhh…” I mumbled as I took the clothes from her.

It was an official’s robe.

“I took them from the palace laundry.” Jiyoung whispered.

I smirked at her as I put the black official’s hat on my head.

“Gomawo.” I thanked her.

She was pretty resourceful.

She grinned back at me…and I couldn’t shift my gaze for a moment. She looked so pretty.

“I’m back.” Shi Yoon voice disrupted me out of my thoughts and I immediately looked away from her.

“Nari…” Jiyoung greeted.

“I’m going to prepare for the sidehall meeting, Jiyoung you can come with me…and when I tell you, you can go and bring Joong Ki.” Shi Yoon said.

“Ye.” Jiyoung replied.

“Joong Ki ah, you get changed and wait here for Jiyoung.”

“Mmmm.” I nodded at him.

-continued-

At the Prison.

Seungyeon pov:

The locks and chains clanked against the wooden bars as the prison guard unlocked the door of my cell.

“Get up.” The guard said as he pulled me up from the ground.

“Yah…she’s sick don’t grab her like that.” Jinyoung protested as he was being grabbed by two other soldiers.

“Shut up!” the guard shouted as he pulled both of us out of the cells.

“Where are you taking us?” I asked.

“The King requested for a side hall meeting to revisit your case….you need to be there.” He explained.

Great, Shi Y

Please log in to read the full chapter