The missing princess

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung pov:

I was in town and had already gotten the medicine from the physician when I suddenly realized I didn't go to school.

I gulped as I stepped out of the medical hall.

“Scholar Jung!” someone called and stood in front of me.

It was the proctor for my school.

“Sunbaenim…” I said looking up at him.

“Don’t you have school today?” he asked, eyeing me.

“Uh….the truth is my eomeoni’s aunt is sick and she asked me to take care of her for today..” I lied.

“Really?” he asked.

“She….had a fall and hurt her knee also she has a high fever!” I stuttered, well that wasn’t a total lie.

The proctor nodded “Very well then, make sure you come to school tomorrow, or you’ll get demerit points!” he warned, as he turned to walk away.

“Ye Sunbaenim!” I said firmly as I blinked and walked off quickly.

When I reached home, I passed the packet of medicine to the maid as I went to check on the girl.

I felt her forehead, her fever was subsiding…that was I relief, I thought as I changed the wet towels to fresh ones.

I stared at her face, I was so curious as to who she was.

“Jinyoung ah.” My mom called suddenly and shocked me out of my gaze.

“Ye…” I said as I turned to her.

“I found this on her clothes, while I was taking it to wash.” She said lifting up a jade pendant hanging on some colorful red, yellow and blue string.

I took the pendant from her, examining it, it was a jade carving of a peony.

“She must be from the noble families, from her clothes and everything.” My mom said.

I nodded, rubbing the pendant with my thumb.

“You should keep this with her clothes.” I said handing the pendant back to my mom “as soon as I find out who she is, I’m going to return her to her family.” I said.

My mom nodded.

I stepped out of the room, sliding the door shut behind me, then I went into the kitchen where the maid was brewing the medicine.

“Let me do it.” I said as I took the fan from her, squatted down beside the medicine pot and started fanning, still wondering who the girl might be.

Next scene is at the royal palace, the king (Han-byul) is the splitting image of Seungyeon’s father.

The king is sitting on the throne having a side hall meeting with the ministers; Yoon Shi Yoon the chief police investigator is there. The meeting is about the disappearance of the princess.

Shi yoon pov:

“Official Yoon, have you found the princess?” the king asked.

“You majesty,

Please log in to read the full chapter