Searching for evidence

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter
A/n: Sorry for not updating for so long!! I was busy...working and all haha~~ I'll write whenever I'm free :D Hope you enjoy this chapter, I'll update soon ((:

 

Jinyoung pov:

I shivered in pain as the piercing cold overwhelmed my body, there were cuts and bruises all over my body and I was in such immense pain. The blistering cold whether wasn’t helping either…..but I needed to stay strong until I got out of this place, I couldn’t die in here.

There was still so much I haven’t done…there would be too many regrets if I died now.

I pressed my eyes shut as I tried to think warm thoughts, like Seungyeon’s warm smile…and her comfortable embrace.

I was going to survive this, I must.

At Princess Seungyeon’s quarters, Seungyeon, Joong Ki, Shi Yoon and Jiyoung were discussing the plan to prove Jinyoung’s innocence.

Seungyeon pov:

“We have to check on Physician Lee from the Royal Clinic, he seems to be the prime suspect in this.” I told them, after hearing about it from Jinyoung.

“Shi Yoon ah, can’t you just conduct a search of Physician Lee’s house….to investigate the poisoning of the King?” Joong Ki asked.

“I can’t do that unless the King orders for it, or we found some evidence that Physician Lee is involved in the case.” Shi Yoon replied.

“Someone needs to penetrate into the Royal Clinic and investigate without being found by the Crown Princess.” Joong Ki said, looking towards me.

“It’ll be too obvious if I go….someone needs to go in disguise…Joong Ki?” Shi Yoon asked looking towards him.

“I’ll go.” I said, before Joong Ki could answer.

“Mama…it’ll be too dangerous for you to go.” Shi Yoon said.

“He’s right Seungyeon ah…” Joong Ki joined in, as Jiyoung nodded.

“It’s fine, I can disguise as a palace maid and go in…not many people in the palace know what I look like…isn’t that safer?” I said.

“Mama…I still think it’s too dangerous.” Shi Yoon replied.

“Mama…let me go.” Joong Ki offered.

I sighed as I shook my head at them.

“I’m going, it’s Jinyoung we’re talking about….I can’t stop worrying about him, at least if I do something I’ll feel better…I want to get him out of jail…I’ll do it.”

“I understand…” Joong Ki said.

Shi Yoon gave a resigned sigh as he looked towards me. “Mama..be careful, we’ll be behind you.” He assured.

I nodded, trying to keep calm and keep the horrifying thoughts about Jinyoung being tortured out of my head. Gyuri had to be the mastermind of all this…..I wasn’t going to forgive her….neither was I going to let her off.

I was going to finish her once and for all.

At the Crown Princess’s quarters.

Gyuri pov:

I sat down at my table as I slathered my brush with ink, I was going to write the last letter to Physician Lee. Now that I made that doctor the scapegoat, I could carry on with my plan.

“Physician Lee, a new stronger batch of the poison has arrived….continue to place it in the King’s medicine and remember to make it look like you have already tested the medicine to see if it’s poisoned. No one will suspect that the medicine is poisoned since the “culprit” has already been caught. A big promotion awaits you if you follow my orders and do it right.” I wrote.

I smiled to myself as I lowered the brush from my hand.

Abuji….this all wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t love Seungyeon and that concubine more than me and the Queen….

This is all your fault…

Seungyeon pov:

I tied my hair neatly behind my head and secured the hair ribbon, looking at my reflection in the bronze mirror and adjusting my clothes.

I was going to go into the royal clinic dressed as a maid to collect the laundry, then at the same time look for clues about Physician Lee.

“Mama, be careful!” Jiyoung called out as I opened the door of my room.

I gave her a smile and nodded.

“Try not to let anyone find you and come back here as soon as you find anything.” Shi Yoon said.

“I’ll be back soon.” I said as I left.

My heart hurt whenever I thought about how Jinyoung was suffering, I had to do this properly…I had to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes.

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the royal clinic, to my surprise everyone inside was busy working and walking around no one even noticed me.

That was good, it meant that my disguise was working!

I kept my head down as I walked inside, looking around for signs of Physician Lee…he wasn’t anywhere around the main room. Maybe he was in the medicine room or somewhere else.

I went to the corner and gathered some of the dirty uniforms that was due for laundry, trying not to look suspicious…but really looking around for where Physician Lee was.

“You…” I heard someone say as I froze on the spot.

Did someone find out who I was?

“Ye…?” I stuttered, turning around and facing my head to the side to hide my face a little.

“Take this to the laundry as well.” He said, handing me a table cloth.

“Ye…” I nodded as I took the cloth from him.

Whew…that was close….I thought as I continued doing what I was doing.

I walked towards the medicine room, carefully looking around to see if anyone was watching before I peeked inside.

Physician Lee was inside the room, sitting at the table looking at something on a paper. It looked like a letter, there was a frown on his face like

Please log in to read the full chapter