As white as snow

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

My body jerked as I sat up in bed with cold sweat on my forehead. I had been having lots of bad dreams lately….about my Dad….about Jinyoung. I had a bad feeling something was going to happen to them...both of them.

“Mama! Are you all right?” Jiyoung called, dabbing a piece of cloth on my forehead.

“Did you have a bad dream again?” she asked.

“Where’s Doctor Jung?? I need to see him.” I told her, grabbing onto her arm.

“He’s at the royal clinic Mama…” Jiyoung replied.

“I’m going to see him.” I said, getting off my bed.

“Mama…what’s wrong?” Jiyoung asked.

“I just need to see if he’s okay….” I said, putting on my clothes.

“Mama, you haven’t had your meal yet!” Jiyoung called out, as I flew out the door.

Jinyoung was someone important to me right now, I didn’t want to lose him.

At the royal clinic.

Inside the changing room, Doctor Lee was adding the white powder poison to the King’s medicine. After he added the powder to the medicine, he made sure no one was around and sneaked towards the area where all the clothes were hanging. He sprinkled some of the white powder onto Jinyoung’s uniform, to make it seem like Jinyoung was the one who was in possession of the poison.

Outside, Seungyeon was reaching the royal clinic with a worried look on her face. Those dreams were more than just dreams to her, they were premonitions….it was like the Princess was telling her that something was going to happen.

Seungyeon pov:

“Doctor Jung!” I called out as Jinyoung appeared at the doorway before I could go in.

“Mama.” He greeted.

He was holding a tray with a bowl of what seemed like medicine on it.

“Where are you going?” I asked, looking at the tray.

“Ah, I’m going to give the King his tonic….I was put in charge of bringing the King his tonic since yesterday.” He finished.

“Is the King sick?” I asked, widening my eyes at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung looked like he was thinking of what to reply me, I stared at his eyes trying to figure out if he was telling the truth or not.

“Don't worry Mama..the King isn’t sick, this is just his daily tonic.” Jinyoung replied.

There was no reason for Jinyoung to lie to me.

“I always thought it was Doctor Choi who brought Father his tonic.” I questioned.

“It’s probably just a rotation of duties.” Jinyoung said.

I could tell he was hiding something from me.

I nodded at him as he started to walk off.

“Doctor Jung!” I called again.

He turned around to face me.

“Ye?” he said.

“Promise me you’ll tell me if there’s anything wrong.”

Jinyoung smiled at me. “Mama…if there’s something you need to know, I promise I’ll tell you.” He said.

I smiled a little and nodded at him.

I had to trust him.

In order to keep myself from thinking any deeper into those nightmares I had, I decided to take a walk in the Peony garden.

“Mama.” Joong Ki greeted as he met me in the garden.

He was all decked out in his blue ministers clothing complete with the hat and belt.

“Oh…Joong Ki ah.” I greeted him back.

“How do I look? Handsome?” he joked, raising his arms out.

I chuckled. “The ministers uniform does suit you.” I complemented.

“Aishhh…Mama….if you complement him too much he might get cocky.” Jiyoung said, making a face at Joong Ki.

“Aii….this girl….” Joong Ki said, raising his eyebrows at Jiyoung.

“Have some respect, you should call me Nari now…” he smirked.

“Aishhh…” Jiyoung said, gritting h

Please log in to read the full chapter