Sticks and stones

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shi Yoon was walking around in the palace after finishing a side hall meeting with the King.

Shi Yoon pov:

“There must be some way to confirm that the fan belongs to the crown princess.” I thought to myself.

I sighed, and looked up and at that moment I saw the crown princess walking along one of the corridors.

The target was in sight, but how do I find out the fan was hers without her suspecting anything.

Instinctively, I decided to follow her.

The crown princess walked along the corridor towards one of the gardens, she stood at a bridge over looking the ponds.

She wasn’t doing anything, nor was she talking to anyone…probably just having a walk.

I watched her closely as I hid behind a wall overlooking the garden, waiting for her to do anything suspicious.

Just then, the crown princess took a fan from under her sleeve and flung it open.

It was the same fan..that I had picked up from the crime scene, I’m sure that fan was still in my office..how did she get another one?

I rested my back against the wall as I heaved a sigh, seeing it wasn’t enough…maybe this fan could be bought by anyone from anywhere as long as they had money. I had to confirm for myself…that this fan belonged exclusively to the crown princess.

I took a deep breath as I stepped out from behind the wall, casually walking towards the crown princess.

“Hwangbi mama…” I greeted and bowed as I approached her on the bridge.

She looked towards me, with her piercing eyes….her gaze had always been this menacing and she hardly smiled.

I caught her gaze and quickly looked down, it wasn’t respectful for someone of lower status to look the crown princess in the eye.

“What’s the matter?” she asked, turning towards me.

“Mama, I’ve just finished a side hall meeting with the King…I thought you might want to be updated on princess Seungyeon’s case.”

The crown princess smirked “If I wanted to know I would have sent someone to get information for me….don’t need the chief police investigator to personally come to report to me.” She said sarcastically.

“Forgive me mama, I just thought you might be worried…” It was really hard trying to start a topic.

The crown princess sighed and looked away “Is there anything else?” she asked impatiently, fanning herself with the lotus fan.

My eyes flickered towards the fan….it was definitely a replica.

“Forgive me for being a busybody mama but…I couldn’t help but notice your paper fan.” I said, waiting for a reaction.

The crown princess immediately stopped fanning herself when I said that and she quickly closed the fan shut.

“What about it?” she said, her eyes still not on me.

“You see, it’s my younger sister’s birthday soon and I would like to give her a gift….something nice like the lotus fan you have..do you know where I can get it?”

The crown princess smiled calmly and looked at me “It’s made personally by a talented craftsman for me…” she said.

“You won’t be able to get it anywhere, he personally painted every petal on this lotus.”

I pretended to nod thoughtfully “You mean it’s the only one in the whole of Joseon?”

The crown princess laughed “Yes.” She said.

I have gotten my answe

Please log in to read the full chapter