사람 (People)

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

The King was at his quarters, looking through some state documents.

Joong Ki pov:

I was outside the King’s quarters, he had called me over to tell me something.

I looked nervously at the ground and shuffled my feet, wondering what he wanted to tell me. Maybe he called me over so to receive the punishment for bailing on the royal marriage and also feigning death.

“You may enter.” The palace guard told me.

I nodded as I stepped inside, looking around.

“Jeonha.” I greeted.

The King nodded as he put down the documents in his hand.

“Do you know the reason why I have called you here today?” he asked.

“Jeonha….I would humbly accept the punishment for my crimes.” I replied quickly.

Unexpectedly, the King laughed after hearing me say that.

“You did commit a crime but I have decided to forgive you.” He said.

“Jeonha…” I mumbled, shocked at what he was saying.

“I’m very worried about Seungyeon…the palace isn’t a safe place to be in sometimes, you risked your life to save her this time.” He continued.

“I may be the King….and her Father but sometimes under the pressure of this country, it’s people and the ministers I can’t make sound decisions. Therefore I would like you to be there for her…to protect her.”

“Jeonha…” I didn’t even know what to say.

“I’ll promote you to a minister of the palace….even though you may not be on good terms with your Father I would like you to stay by Seungyeon’s side and be her backing.”

“Jeonha….I would be honored to.” I stuttered.

The King smiled. “Do your job well, if anything happens to the Princess…you’ll be the first one I’ll come after.” He warned.

“Ye Jeonha! I will do my best.” I replied.

“You may leave.” He said.

I smiled to myself as I left the King’s chambers, I couldn’t believe he gave me a chance. Now I had to give my all to back Seungyeon as the next ruler of the country…..this was my duty now.

I was lost in my thoughts when I almost knocked into someone. Looking up I realized it was my father.

“Abeonim…” I greeted, bowing.

“You scoundrel…..” he cussed.

“I don’t have a son like you, my son is already dead……a son who has betrayed his Father and the Family is no son of mine.” He scoffed.

I took a deep breath. “Abeonim….I know I’ve done things that disappointed you, but I have never once regretted anything I did thus far…no matter what you will always be my Father. I will always look up to you as my Father.”

“You have stopped being my son, ever since you left the house that day.” He said, as he turned away from me and walked.

I sighed as I watched his figure fade.

Even in my next life…I will still choose to be Lord Song’s son.

At the Crown Princess’s quarters.

Gyuri pov:

“Yaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!” I screamed as I pushed everything off my dresser, sending all of them crashing to the ground.

“Mama! Please clam down!!” Cheonduk advised.

I breathed angrily as I stared at my reflection in the bronze mirror, the words Seungyeon spoke to me that day echoing in my mind.

-Flashback-

It was a few days after Seungyeon and

Please log in to read the full chapter