I will always remember you

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung stood at the parade grounds as the cold wind blew against his face, he looked around at the crowd gathering. Most of the ministers were here and the King was walking towards his seat at the stand.

Jinyoung bit his lip as thoughts ran through his head, shouldn’t it be about time that his bride arrive already? Maybe he was being to anxious, after all there was still time and the Queen had not arrived yet.

Although probably it was because she didn’t approve of the wedding and thought nothing about it.

Throught the crowd, Joong Ki waved and smiled at Jinyoung. Jinyoung smiled back at Joong Ki as he felt a little better, at least….Joong Ki wouldn’t look so happy if he knew Seungyeon wasn’t coming. He looked towards Shi Yoon who was standing beside Joong ki and gave him a silent nod.

Just then the Queen arrived, she looked a little frantic as she quickly sat down at her seat. Jinyoung looked at her suspiciously, wondering if she would try to do anything to disrupt the wedding.

He took a deep breath as he looked around again for Seungyeon.

She won’t leave him at the altar would she? He hoped she would come soon and put his nerves at ease.

At Princess Seungyeon’s quarters, Lady Ok-Jeong was leaving Seungyeon’s room after combing and doing Seungyeon’s hair.

“Seungyeon ah, quickly get changed and Jiyoung will bring you to the parade grounds.” Lady Ok-Jeong said as she closed the door behind her.

Jiyoung bowed and stood to the side to wait for Seungyeon.

Inside, Seungyeon was still thinking about the dream she had during the night. It was bugging her, and probably more than it should. She had a really bad feeling that something was going to happen and it wouldn’t be pretty.

Seungyeon stared at the ring on her thumb and rubbed it with her index finger.

She had to go investigate.

Seungyeon pov:

“Mama, do you need any help?” Jiyoung called from behind the door.

“Uh….Jiyoung ah…I’m feeling a little thirsty could you run over to the royal kitchen and get me some tea.” I lied as I slipped into my normal clothes.

I didn't want to leave Jinyoung at the altar…..I’ve put him through so much…but this was it….I had to investigate….this is the last.

“Mama..Now???” Jiyoung asked.

“Quickly Jiyoung ah, we don’t have much time!” I hurried her.

“Y…ye mama!!” Jiyoung replied as I heard her footsteps running away.

After changing, I quickly crept towards the door and leaned my ear towards it to make sure no one was out there.

Then I slowly pulled open the door and stepped out, tiptoeing away.

“Doctor Jung….wait for me.” I mumbled to myself as I ran towards the Queen’s quarters.

I didn’t have any plan….I didn’t know what I was looking for…. I was just following my gut feeling.

Back at Princess Seungyeon Quarters.

Jiyoung pov:

“Mama, I’ve brought your tea…” I called out as I entered the room.

“Mama…” I called again after getting no reply.

Then I looked up and realized that she wasn’t in the room.

“Mama!!!” I called out as I dropped the tray, sending the china crashing to the ground.

I panicked as I looked around the room but couldn’t find her.

“Not again!?” I mumbled to myself as I grabbed my hair with my hands.

What should I do now!?

Seungyeon pov:

 I strode towards the Queens quarters, carefully keeping my eyes on the ground but at the same time trying not to look suspicious.

“Who are you!” the guard demanded as he raised his arm to stop me.

“I…I’m the maid who’s supposed to clean the Queen’s room today.” I lied, peering up at the scary looking guard hoping he didn’t recognize me.

He frowned at me for a while and then lifted his arm.

“Don’t take too long.” He snapped as he let me pass.

I nodded quickly as I disappeared inside the room, quickly closing the door behind me.

I could hear my heavy breathing as my eyes scanned around the room.

There had to be something with information in here, I didn’t know what kind of information but all I knew was that my Father kept saying in my dream that it was something to do with the Queen. I heard it clearly….

I scurried towards the cupboards and I kneeled down on the ground and started searching for anything I could find that would tell me something.

I grabbed a bunch of papers from the cupboard and quickly read through them, throwing them onto the floor when I thought they were useless.

Time started to tick in my head a I scurried around the room, I couldn’t stay here for long….I couldn’t let anyone find me.

Just then, I found a sealed letter in one fo the cupboards and quickly tore it open.

“The assassination of the King has been planned, it wil

Please log in to read the full chapter