Threats and lies

Seungyeon's Knights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungyeon pov:

That night, I finally fell asleep thinking about how my life was back in Seoul and how it seemed like it was so far away from me now. It felt like just a distant memory….like that life was a dream and this life right now was reality.

As my brain drifted off to sleep, I had a dream.

I was in the palace it was night and I was walking around…it seemed like I couldn’t walk straight and my body was swaying from side to side like I had been running, my breathing was heavy too.

As I was about to collapse, my dad appeared…he was my dad he definitely looked like him but he was in traditional clothes those worn in the Joseon period.

“Seungyeon ah, it’s gonna be okay…” he said as he rested his hand on my shoulder.

He was staring at me with a worried look on his face.“It’s gonna be okay Seungyeon ah..” he repeated again.

Then I woke up.

I sat up on the mattress, with beads of sweat on my forehead and breathing heavily.

The dream seemed so real, like it was a part of my memory….and my dad. But why was he wearing traditional clothes…was he here too?

“Agasshi.” Jinyoung called from outside the door.

“Come in..” I said, still wondering what the dream meant.

“Your medicine.” Jinyoung said laying the tray on the floor.

“Did you sleep well?…you don’t look to good.” he said, looking at me with a concerned expression.

“I….” I said, touching my face with my hands.

I just realized I haven’t wash my face yet…omg….must have looked like .

“You okay?” Jinyoung asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Doctor Jung I….had a dream.” I started.

I wanted to tell someone about it because it was so disturbingly real like it was a part of my memory..and I knew telling Jinyoung would make me feel better.

“A dream? Did you remember something.”

“I don’t know if it’s just a dream or my memory but….I saw my abuji.”

Jinyoung nodded thoughtfully. “Come to think of it, you were mumbling abuji….that day before you woke up.”

“I was…?”

He nodded “So you remember what your dad looks like?”

I nodded “I could see his face clearly…but it was weird cause..I was in the palace. Something had happened to me, I was running and breathless.” Even saying it again felt so….strangely real…

“The palace….” Jinyoung said, I could tell he was thinking about something but I don’t know what.

He gulped “Do you know, the princess is missing….the second daughter of the king…” he said, looking towards me for a reaction.

“The Princess…?”

“You don’t think I….”

“Could you be….” Jinyoung and I said together.

Then we gulped.

“No no no…”

“It can’t be…” we said in disbelief shaking our heads, but our eyes met and we knew exactly what each other was thinking.

“I can’t be the princess…” I said, I couldn’t and wouldn’t believe it myself either.

“could I….” I said staring at Jinyoung blankly.

I was so lost and he was the only one I could turn to.

Jinyoung shook the thoughts out of his head. “I need to go to school, we’ll…..talk when I get back.” He said, standing up.

“Wait…doctor Jung…I’m scared.” I said.

Jinyoung smiled cheerily “Don’t worry agasshi, you’ll be fine….I’ll be back soon.”

“Just drink your medicine and have a little nap and I’ll be back.” He said, something about the tone of his voice was so reassuring…I felt…safe.

I nodded at him as I reached out for the medicine bowl.

Then Jinyoung left, leaving me with all those thoughts in my head.

Was I really the lost princess? Maybe I came here to figure out why the princess went missing and what happened….but how is it related to my dad?

Back at the police station.

Shi yoon pov:

“Make a hundred copies of this.” I told the writer as I passed him the template of the poster with the princesses’ portrait on it and the words for the reward.

“Ye nari..”

“Get the men ready, we’ll be placing these posters up tomorrow..” I told Hyukjin.

Today was Chuseok celebrations so it wasn’t a good idea to alert the people and spoil the celebrations.

“Ye…”

I had a good feeling about this, I believed strongly that princess Seungyeon wasn’t dead yet…and when she’s back we’ll be able

Please log in to read the full chapter