Year 4 August Pt 2

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Year 4- August Pt2

Suho woke up with a grin on his face, it was going to be a good day; the sky was a robin blue, white wisps of clouds decorating the air. He glanced at his clock on the bedside table. It was only seven in the morning, joyous we aren’t meeting Jongin till nine that meant he had time for a shower. He leapt out of bed and bounded towards the shower. Once the water was steaming hot he stepped in and allowed himself to relax, beads of water running down his body. Before he knew it he was singing in the shower, a rare occurrence for the angelic male, usually he’d just keep his singing professional but today wasn’t like those days.

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Ooh ooh ooh
they don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you I promise you, I will

Wow that song was more relevant than I thought at the time Yixing, I was singing that for our school’s showcase remember? Only I wasn’t lucky, you never loved me back did you? Or maybe you did but you loved her more, what do I do? How do I make you love me, I can make you happy Yixing I’m standing right in front of you.

I’m still waiting.

He hummed along the song merrily as he shut off the water supply and wrapped a towel around his waist.

“Someone’s happy today” His mother commented smiling and whacking him softly.

“I am happy Umma! Today’s going to be a good day”

His mother continued to smile at him softly as he pranced into his room.

“Joonmyun! We have to leave at eight thirty if you want to get there on time! Gosh Jongin’s house is really far away I have no idea how his parents cope!”

“Okay Umma!” She heard a faint cry from the closed door of his room, she sighed before starting down the staircase with a pink dressing gown no less.

“What to wear, what to wear” Suho chanted to himself as he searched through his draws, he decided to wear shorts because they were going camping one and two they were near the river and knowing Jongin and Chen they’re going to push someone in.

He sat at the breakfast table munching on cereal he looked at the packet while he ate, who names a cereal ‘happy o’s’ anyway Joonmyun rolled his eyes, at least they tasted good.

“Joonmyun! Hurry up and get Yixing will you! We’re running late!” His mother rushed in wearing an elegant dress and earrings.

“Mum you’re dropping me off at Jongin’s, not going to a charity ball”

“Oh be quiet you!”

Suho shrugged and made his way outside he chucked his stuff in the car and was about to go over to Lay’s when he saw the dandelion, slowly he walked up to it and picked it he held it to his face, it tickled. Eyes clenched tightly Suho blew and made a wish.

“Please let this is the best time ever” Suho repeated over and over in his head before jogging over to Lay’s house, the florets spraying out lightly into the warm morning sky.

Suho knocked on the door before waiting patiently. His mother opened the door.

“Oh hello Joonmyun! Lay’s just getting ready he’ll be down in a minute”

“Okay Mrs Kim” Suho nodded his head before stepping into the house. He looked around there were pictures of a little Lay and his parents all over the house so cute, Suho sighed Lay’s house had more of a homey feel than his own maybe that’s why he liked it so much.

“Oh hey Suho” Lay waved as he walked down the stairs with his bag slung over his shoulder, he was wearing a checked shirt with denim cut offs his hair styled in what reminded Suho of a unicorn horn, in fact Lay looked like a unicorn in many ways.

“Hey, ready to go” Suho greeted his friend with a hug.

“Yeah just let me say bye to my mum” Lay smiled as he pulled away.

“Mum! I’m leaving now! I’ll see you on Thursday okay?”

“Okay be good for Jongin!”

Suho watched fondly as Lay’s mother showered her son with kisses.

“Mum! Suho’s here!”

“Joonmyun doesn’t mind!”

“Yeah okay well bye!” Lay struggled to get out of his mother’s grasp

“Suho let’s go before my mother attacks me!”

“I heard that mister!”

“Sorry mum!” Lay raced out the door with his bags. Suho watched as Lay breathed in a massive gulp of the fresh air.

“If Jongin tries anything this week I will murder him” Lay sighed as the pair got into Suho’s car.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well you know that time he tried to have a shower with Kyungsoo”

“We’ve shared a bath before though?”

“We were like seven!”

“When did Kai try that though?”

“It must have been when you went to Incheon”

“Oh? What happened?”

“Well we all stayed the night at Chen’s and Kyungsoo went to have a shower and Jongin got in with him, Kyungsoo’s scream I think I went deaf”

“Isn’t that just Kai though?”

“Yeah but if he tried to do it to me I’d freak as well”

“Kyungsoo and Jongin are like best friends though”

“And Jongin’s a ”

“Yeah well anyway… Do you think Hunhan might actually get together on this trip?”

“I guess Luhan’s almost fourteen, it’s a possibility”

“I think they’re cute together”

Lay gave a grin, Suho was so cute sometimes.

“Yeah me two”

After a while Suho’s head fell on Lay’s head, Jongin’s house is like half an hour from their houses Suho had fallen asleep.

I’ve always loved you Joonmyun, I had to do this though, I couldn’t let my family down and I truly loved Victoria and she broke my heart, and you were always there, I don’t deserve you. Remember my wedding day? You got so drunk you passed out Luhan and Sehun took you home with them, but before you left you kissed me, I never forgot although you probably forgot. After that you stopped seeing my frequently, life moved on, but my heart didn’t. I only just discovered I loved you too. And I still do, that’s why I’m here.

I need to make things right.

“Suho” Lay cooed as the car pulled into Jongin’s driveway, “Were here!” Lay softly shook his friend awake.

“Huh what?” Suho said sleepily lifting his head from Lay’s shoulder, Lay missed the warmth.

“Were here Suho Hyung!”

“Oh really!” Suho almost jumped out of his seat in excitement

The car stopped and let Suho and Lay get out, they collected their bags from the back”

“Bye mum!” Suho yelled at the front seat, he saw his mother blowing him a kiss before speeding off towards the highway.

They hit the doorbell, Jongin had a really grand house it was massive for three people, his parents were out a lot Kai usually caught the bus home, it must get kinda lonely Suho thought It’s nice that Kyungsoo lives so close, then again poor Kyungsoo Suho shuddered at the thought of Kai walking in on him.

“Hey guys!” it was Kai who answered “Now we’re just waiting for Hunhan” Kai invited them inside

“Just dump your bags in the foyer”

The two complied and followed Jongin into the living room, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were murdering each other on the Xbox, Chen and Xiumin were reading a picture book together surprisingly having a pleasant time with each other despite Chen’s teasing, Tao and Kris were just watching Chanbaek Kris ‘discretely’ had his arm around Tao and Kyungsoo was just reading a novel in the corner.

“Kyungsoo Hyung!”

“Yes Jongin?” Kyungsoo sighed, it’s not that Kyungsoo didn’t like Jongin its just he can be a bit of work and he just can’t get over the awkwardness of Jongin taking a shower with him as embarrassed as he was it had become something of a regular occurrence. He really didn’t know what it was, it seemed purely platonic to Kyungsoo they didn’t do anything other than have a shower, Kyungsoo blamed his parents for Kai becoming this way, they weren’t there for him, they didn’t tell him what was right or wrong. Maybe then Kai wouldn’t have turned out twisted like that, Jongin was actually a normal person he just had a real sick mind because his parents weren’t there to tell him it’s wrong to talk or even know about until you’re like fifteen, Kai found out when he was seven.

“Have you texted Luhan to see when they’ll get here?” Kai hugged Kyungsoo tightly.

“Jongin there isn’t any reception out here you idiot”

“Oh”

Ding!

“That must be them!” Kai beamed and bounced towards the door.

“Man he is a piece of work” Chen stated as he observed Kyungsoo’s face.

Luhan and Sehun were waiting outside holding hands, they had decided to share a bag to make more room in the car Sehun was carrying the bag.

“Hyung did you bring a camera?”

“I think so!”

Sehun rummaged through the bag and found a camcorder

“teehee Luhannie you brought a video camera”

“Oh did I? Whoops” Luhan looked down at his feet.

“No! It’s not a bad thing! Now we can have all our memories on video! I’m sure someone else has a normal camera Kyungsoo is always prepared and Kai is so wealthy he ought to have one”

“Are you sure Sehunnie?” Luhan looked at the younger hopefully ending up in Sehunnie squishing the older’s cheeks endearingly

“Of course I’m sure Hyung”

A/N

OMG I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS ARC TO BE OVER -.- so I can get into it!! High school will be a confusing time for SuLay this is where Lay meets Victoria :O