Year 14- August

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

 

Suho sighed as he watched Dara watching television from the kitchen of his newly purchased and honestly quite empty apartment, well actually it wasn't all that new- he had bought it around the time Chanyeol had left to 'find himself' or whatever, but then he had to move in with Baekhyun for a while, still it felt new all the same. It was the evening, he'd fed Dara, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had already called to check up on their daughter, he sat at the small kitchen table sipping his tea quietly, he thought maybe he'd read a little tonight, or maybe he'd actually finish unpacking. Those thoughts were disrupted when he heard a knocking at the door. He got up startled, he wasn't used to having visitors- well he was but they would always inform him first- unless you found Luhan and Sehun, they never give any notice.

 

"Luhan what do you- Oh… Yixing?"

 

"Hey" Yixing grinned awkwardly, a backpack slung over his back "Can I come in?"

 

"Oh course! Where's the family tonight?"

 

"Home"

 

Suho looked over and gave a confused look to his chinese friend who looked off into the distance "Care to explain?"

 

"Oh it's no big deal really- I just had a little misunderstanding with Vic again, I just thought I'd let her cool down a bit, so… can I crash here?"

 

"Sure, but you don't wanna go sort it out with her?"

 

"Nah, she's just, ugh I really don't wanna talk about it right now but seriously she's infuriating, how did I not see this when we were in Uni?"

 

Well Baekhyun and Chen didn't make any moves to hide it or anything, you were just oblivious-like you are to everything

 

"Not sure- have you eaten yet?"

 

"Nah haha sorry" Yixing smiled brightly "If you've had something I can just go out and get some ramen"

 

"No- I just fed Dara, I still need to cook for myself" 

 

"Sweet, well I can help you out then"

 

They decided on making scallion pancakes and some ramen, Suho even had some ice cream from dessert, acting like children, flour getting everywhere- which was rather awkward when Suho had to go put Dara to bed covered head to toe in flour and he was sure he even had some egg on him somewhere when Yixing had been throwing them. The atmosphere was warm and happy- something that Suho hadn't experienced in a while, he found himself smiling and fighting to hide his laughter it felt nice, to let go of his burdens and just let Yixing take over, let him in and make him smile- it was these times where Suho was okay with being just friends because Suho knew that Yixing was having just as much fun as he was having and it made him feel happy- a slow happy, that bubbled deep beneath his burdens, worries and fears, he forgets all the anguish, the drunken nights alone and the tears cried, because the boy that made him feel so much pain, was making him feel happier than ever, taking the sadness he put there himself, almost as if to atone for himself. 

 

They ate ravenously, grinning at each other opposite the table, every now and then a laugh would escape and the food would splutter out of their mouths as another laughing fit had begun, they decided to leave the dishes till tomorrow, Suho was making instant coffee to take out to the balcony when Yixing suggested they try to re-create the coffee they had had in Shanghai- Suho looked at him dubiously but went along with it grabbing the whipped cream and hot chocolate mix out of the cupboard, Yixing frantically looked around the pantries, grumbling every now and again about how empty Suho's pantry was but after searching for around five minutes Yixing victoriously held up the bag of opened marshmallows causing the other to roll his eyes. 

 

 The pair sat out on the balcony watching stars, counting them, though there were few albeit the clear night sky, the city smog hazed over the sky, blurring the twinkling lights above, some disappearing into smudges of light, barely recognizable, barely there, or some that were phased out altogether, and Suho remembers those nights of their childhood, on the other side of the country out on Jongin's lawn where they would sneak away from the group and count stars by the thousands, all bright and sparkly, full of hopes and dreams of the two boys, ones that could maybe become something more, something special, something real, while there were also ones that were silly, stupid, dreams that would and could never become a reality- such as becoming national idols representing their country in the music industry, boy bands with eyeliner and sparkly show outfits, radio broadcasts and variety shows, the life they dreamed of, the life that they could only dream of. 

 

"You know it's funny" Yixing began slowly "I always thought Victoria would be the only person that I'd ever love in my whole entire life, but now I think about it- our relationship- it's not love is it?"

 

"Yixing- you know I can't have a judgement in this- you know mine and everyone else's opinion of her from the start, but love can be blinding, I know"

 

"Have you ever been in love Joonmyun?" Yixing asked seriously placing his mug carefully on the balcony's ledge staring into his eyes, making him feel nervous, like he couldn't open his mouth or else he'd just ruin everything he kept so hard to hide

 

"Yes, I have, and I still am very much so" Suho replied slowly, and vaguely he decided to be brave and stared back into Yixing's eyes seeing the moon reflected back into him, and that's when he realized, he really was in love wasn't he? It wasn't just some trickery, it wasn't just some teenage crush- it was deeper than that 

 

"Oh" Yixing replied his eyes dropping down to stare at Suho's hands tightly clenched around the chairs arm, trying his hardest not to be too disappointed, disappointment he didn't have an answer for

"She… Or he, he must be very lucky then"

 

"He doesn't know it quite yet" Suho smiled sweetly "I can just hope that one day he will"

 

"He will" Yixing reassured "They always come back"

 

"I really hope you're right, because I love him so much, I really do, I'd do anything for him"

 

"You know what I love about your love?" Yixing said laughing a little at his words "Your love is pure, innocent, untouched, I hope that love like that reaches me soon"

It has for the last fourteen years of your life

 

"Trust me- It's closer than you think" He smiled back "So you wanna take the bed? I'll crash on the couch"

 

"No way, I couldn't do that to you- I already destroyed your kitchen and ate all your marshmallows"

 

"one, it's not that big of a mess, two, I hate marshmallows anyway so just take the bed"

 

"On one condition"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"You share it with me"

 

He was silent for a moment, catching his breath a little before smiling a small, quiet smile "Deal"

 

----

 

"Oh my god Sehun" Luhan squealed in the living room of their new house, the couple were busy unpacking the thousands of boxes of Korean dramas and anime DVD's, which made Luhan a little too excited 

 

"Luhan shush you'll wake Mei up"

 

"Sorry" Luhan whispered still grinning from ear to ear "But I found something pretty special"

 

"I hope it's good"

 

"Oh it is Sehunnie, just let me put it in" Luhan winked at his husband "You should go get some food or something, your true love is starving over here"

 

"It's two in the morning- we're still unpacking, you're hungry" Sehun stated mocking sadness "I'll go get you some food princess"

 

"I love you so much you cute little cutie"

 

"Whatever" Sehun laughed

 

They had been together for years, Sehun was surprised he wasn't getting bored, he was surprised that he knew he would never get bored, life with Luhan was something that was just there, it didn't need thought, Luhan was his family, his everything. He went into the kitchen- which was also a mess, filled with half unpacked boxes of porcelain and a half empty pantry.

 

"UGHHH LUHAN WE HAVE NO FOOD"

 

"Are you serious? Jesus! And hush Mei's sleeping"

 

"Oh… And yes I am perfectly one hundred percent serious"

 

"So… Is it just me or is it take aways…"

 

"Well… Some bulgogi would be quite nice around now…"

 

"They deliver right?"

 

"Yeah- now hurry up and order I have something incredibly cute to show you!"

 

"Your definition of cute or someone else's"

 

"Well…" Luhan pondered "If you don't think it's cute then that's just sad"

 

"Oh dear- so it is your cute"

 

"You order, and then in the lounge- pronto"

 

"So demanding" Sehun rolled his eyes as he grabbed the phone punching in the numbers.

 

He walked into the living room where Luhan was surrounded in video tapes

 

"Don't want to burst your bubble of cuteness or anything, but do we even have a video player?"

 

"Of course we do! Now just wait" Luhan fiddled with the remote cussing every now and again until the thing started playing and he grinned smugly at Sehun who just stood there shellshocked, it was their childhood videos he stood there gaping like a goldfish for a minute watching a mini version of Kyungsoo running away from Jongin with a bug in his hands.

 

"This was the camping trip when we were in middle school, I told you it was cute" Luhan laughed a little 

 

"Oh my ing god" Sehun wailed "I look weird!"

 

"You look fine! Now watch"

 

Sehun stood there silently, glaring at the television arms crossed, as he watched his younger self get bullied by his older brothers- his hyungs he watched grudgingly through ten minutes of everyone acting like freaks, watched Chen shiver in fear after almost being taken away by the currents, watched the tense moments that Jongin and Kyungsoo had shared on that trip, but he started to soften when he saw Yixing and Joonmyun laughing together as they made their makeshift tent and Yixing falling asleep on Suho's shoulder- the older who petted his endearingly was enough to make Sehun squeal internally with cuteness (although he would NEVER admit it). Then it was Luhan's face taking up the whole screen laughing cutely in the darkness alone, the camera then turned to a sleepy Sehun and Luhan started spurting out Chinese phrases to the camera giggling every so often and pointing at the sleeping maknae. He saw himself and Luhan perched on the top of a tree whispering into each others ears, he saw them in the meadow Luhan making daisy chains and Sehun picking at the grass, memories flood like waves- from the first day of kindergarten to high school, through the angst of Luhan's parents, through the nights at each others houses, through the nightly telephone calls when Luhan went back to China every so often, through cupcakes in the middle of the night, all through to watching Luhan walk down the aisle mother at his side, bow tie perfectly in place and the most gorgeous smile Sehun had ever seen, a smile that could light the room, that could light up the whole night sky a thousand times more than the stars ever could, he felt their hearts beating to the same rhythm- in sync on the same wavelength, pulses intertwined until the day they died.

 

The endless love that had surrounded them since the day they had met. 

 

A love that Sehun was and will always be grateful for- because Luhan makes him happy, Luhan is all he needs. 

 

They fall asleep like this- empty take away containers and Luhan's head on Sehun's chest, curtains still open to let in the neon lights of the city below, the blurred and faded stars around the night sky, the laughter of their childhood played over and over on repeat as the sound of their own laughter drew them into sleep. 

 

Two lives entwined, from beginning to end 

 

----

 

Minseok couldn't remember when he fell for Jongdae, maybe it was through all those nights together eating green gummy bears and watching cartoons, maybe it was through the endless teasing and the insincere sorries, maybe it was when he was scared for Jongdae's life, or maybe it was when he found out the little things about Jongdae that make up himself, such as he always crys when he see's other people crying, such as he hated the hokey pokey bits in his ice-cream but he loved the gumdrops, how he was ticklish behind his ears. 

 

They had been together a while- that was true, and a while being an understatement, it was more like a decade, they had gotten married, they had children, work from nine to five (at least Chen did) they had done everything a couple could do, and it was that fact that created an atmosphere for the couple, it was banter, it was bickering, it was sweet, fleeting, but it was also the opposite of that too, it was loving it was sweet nothings it was the nights they would spend in each others arms and it was the loneliness felt when the other was absent, it was a relationship with no secrets, it was open, they weren't afraid to scream at each other in public, they weren't afraid to insult each other- because when you have been together for so long you couldn't care less about things such as secrets, such as hiding- when you've had fights so bad you were on the verge of breaking up but didn't, they stuck through it- worked it out, talked it over, because you understand someone else even more than you understand yourself you have to work it out- there isn't any other option. 

 

And as of this moment Chen was on a business trip in Busan.

 

At least Minseok thought he was, so when Chen came bursting through the door at midnight, Minseok was startled beyond belief 

 

"J-jongdae? What the hell?" He said in disbelief as the younger came over and pecked his lovers cheek sweetly 

 

"Honey I'm home" Jongdae cooed into Minseok's ear, grinning at the response that Minseok gave. 

 

"I thought you were in Busan" He stuttered out, carefully tracing lines on his lovers face

 

"I was- but I managed to get everything done today you know? Negotiations and everything are sorted so I was free to go- and too be honest that hotel didn't sound as appealing as coming home and sleeping with you instead.

 

"I love you" Minseok sighed breathily into Jongdae's ear as they lay tangled in the sheets letting the lights from the city shine through the curtains 

 

"I know" Jongdae grinned against Minseok's back "I love you too"

 

----

 

"Chanyeol where are we going?" Baekhyun asked sleepily- it was midnight and they were trudging up a hill by the seaside, Mokpo was a small coastal town by the sea, the stars would shine brighter here than in Seoul. Chanyeol was walking fast, palms becoming a little sweaty- nerves making his breath erratic (Or maybe it was the exercise) 

 

"To see the stars" He replied simply taking Baekhyun's hand and leading him towards the submit "Come on love- it's not that far now"

 

He was stupid, he even admits it, he left, he left him all alone, he was selfish, he knows this, he also knows there is nothing he can do to change it, to help it, to atone for it, it is a scar that will remain on them forever, he was stupid, stupid for leaving, stupid for letting this happen, stupid for valuing himself over Baekhyun. And he will regret it till the day he dies- he hopes that won't be for a while though, because he wants to spend as long as possible treating Baekhyun like his everything.

 

They reach the top and Chanyeol plops down on the long grass and stares up at the sky, millions of diamonds, that are all their own. 

 

"Baekhyun" Chanyeol says smoothly after ten minutes of star gazing the lull of the bugs comforting as he tries to down his nerves

 

"Chanyeol" Baekhyun echoes back to him 

 

he flops up to look at Baekhyun, taking in his beauty, Chanyeol tries to forget that yes Baekhyun looks a lot frailer, yes he's lost a lot of weight, yes he looks ever so tired, but he can't live his life hating himself for this, and it's true he does- but he couldn't show Baekhyun that, so he swallows his pride and looks up into those big brown eyes, gazing at him with curiosity and love, maybe even a little bit of resentment.

 

"I love you" He says quietly, softly, longingly 

 

"I love you too" The other replies, hesitantly, fearfully, but it was truthful, it was genuine. 

 

"I need you to look at me" 

 

Baekhyun lifts his head a little so he's looking him straight in the eye and Chanyeol sits up. 

 

"I know I'm stupid" He begins "There's a lot I wish I could take back, there's a lot of stuff I hate myself for and I will never forgive myself for it- but there is no point in dwelling on that" He pauses gauging Baekhyun's reaction- there wasn't much of one, maybe a little confusion but his expression hadn't changed "But Baekhyun, I love you, I know you know I do, but it really is true, there aren't words to describe how much I love you, how I'm so in love with you that I don't think I could love you anymore- but I can, and each day I only love you more- you're insane, you're crazy, sometimes you drive me crazy but that's just part of why I love you, I will spend the rest of my life making you feel like the most loved person on the planet- because that's what you deserve, that and nothing less, and I really don't deserve you, I honestly don't, but I can guarantee you that no one will ever love you more than I do, no one" He stops a little short breathed- a little hysterical maybe it's funny how there are tears coming out of his eyes and he wipes them vigorously to make them disappear, he gets up and repositions himself so he's up on one knee "Byun Baekhyun- I have loved you my whole entire life, and I will promise you I will continue loving you for the rest of it, you're the only one for me, so Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?" He shuts his eyes tightly hand gripping the little box so tightly he thinks it might break, he stays like that for a minute not daring to open his eyes, Baekhyun doesn't say anything for a long time and Chanyeol can't bear to open his eyes just in case Baekhyun has run away but when he feels cool lips against his own, he smiles in relief and the happiness bubbles inside of him.

 

"Park Chanyeol- you are so stupid" Baekhyun mutters through kisses as he pulls Chanyeol closer to him "So so so so stupid" 

 

"That's a yes though right?" 

 

"Yes you idiot, now shut up and kiss me" 

 

Chanyeol gladly obliges, with the feeling of 'I could get used to this' at the forefront of his mind 

 

A/N

OMG SORRY SORRY SORRY FOR MY IN ACTIVITY ON AFF, JUST SCHOOL, LIFE YOU KNOW IT JUST ALL BLURS AND THEN YOU KNOW THIS HAPPENS.

MEH HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS LITTLE FLUFFY CHAPPY AND EXPECT SOME KAISOO AND TAORIS COMING UP SOON!!!!!!!! <3 xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxo Thanks for not giving up on me ;)