Year 17- October

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

 

Year 17- October 
 
Suho knocked on Lay's door at approximately eight thirty in the morning to see Victoria open the door. 
 
"Hi Victoria is Yixing home?" 
 
"Yeah he's just brushing his teeth, I'm just going out for a bit" 
 
"Oh but it's his birthday do you not want to spend the day with him or something? I can always come back" 
 
"Oh no it's fine, I know you want to see him" Victoria said flatly "I'm going out, I might see you later" 
 
"Okay bye Vic" Suho nodded passing Victoria into the living room
 
"Suho!" Luna laughed running up to Suho and hugging him "have you come to say happy birthday to Appa? He'll be happy to see you!" 
 
"Yes, I am how are you darling, don't you have school today?" 
 
"Yes! I'm catching the bus with Youngdae today!" 
 
"Okay well you better get ready then I'll leave you to it" Suho chuckled 
 
"Okay goodbye Appa Suho" Luna kissed him on the cheek "I love you" 
 
"I love you too sweetheart" 
 
"Hey Suho" Yixing said "Coffee's on the table, don't you have work?" 
 
"Nah I got the day off, plus I can't miss your birthday can I?" Suho laughed hugging Yixing tightly 
 
"You're so cheesy!" Yixing protested laughing 
 
"So got anything planned?" Suho asked pulling away and heading towards the coffee table to pour himself a drink 
 
"No Victoria is working late so I guess nothing really" 
 
"Great then we can go out for dinner!   Call a baby sitter for Luna!" 
 
"Sounds good" Yixing smiled "thanks" 
 
"No it's your birthday we have to do something, has your mother called?" 
 
"Haha yeah she woke me up at dawn this morning, typical her" 
 
"Very, does she know how my mother is doing? I don't contact her often anymore" 
 
"Well I think so if anything was wrong she'd tell me straight away" 
 
"Right" Suho sighed and looked away 
"So what do you want to do today?" 
 
"Well I have some movies, you know like those Disney movies we always used to watch" 
 
"Is cheesy  pasta on the table?" Suho asked poking his tongue out and Yixing ignored the fluttering in his stomach. 
 
"Cheesy Pastas always on the table" 
 
"Well then how can I say no?"
 
----
 
"I think it should go over there" Luhan said dragging Mei's new bed over adjusting it so it looked straight 
 
"Umma I don't want it there!" Mei groaned trying to move the bed back to it's original position 
 
"Mei! It's dangerous by the window! What if you fell out!" 
 
"I'm not going to fall out the window" 
 
"You're just like Appa honestly! Aish so stubborn, fine have it by the window and if you fall out and hurt yourself than fine!" 
 
"Thank you" Mei went up and kissed Luhan's cheek "I promise I won't fall out the window" 
 
Luhan smiled he opened his mouth to say something when he saw Sehun out of the corner of his eye. 
 
"SEHUNNIE" Luhan tackled Sehun to the floor peppering him with kisses "I missed you!" 
 
"I was out for less than a hour with Chanyeol how could you miss me?" Sehun chuckled 
 
"Just did" Luhan mumbled burying his face in Sehun's chest "hey! It's Yixing's birthday!" 
 
"Yeah we ran into Suho this morning he was going over to see him, he told us to meet at the restaurant at seven" 
 
"Are the kids coming?" 
 
"I think so, Victoria's working late so no one's there to look after Luna" 
 
"You know I think something's up with her" 
 
"What do you mean?" Sehun grabbed Luhan's hand and led them into the kitchen 
 
"Well I mean, she's never here" 
 
"Well why would she want to be around us, Baek and Jongdae would just be horrible" 
 
"No not around us idiot, just like in general- it's like he's never spent that much time with us after he met her but lately he's at our house everyday he's not with Joonmyun I just find it weird" Luhan sighed finishing sprinkling hundreds and thousands on his buttered bread 
 
"Luhan don't think too much" Sehun kissed his husbands forehead and stole a bite out of the orders fairy bread "We have a double date don't you forget" 
 
"! We're running late! Mei come on off to school! Lunch break is over soon!" 
 
"Okay okay fine aish" Mei grumbled "I'll see you tonight" 
 
"Bye my love!" Sehun yelled over his shoulder before ushering Luhan into the bathroom 
 
"Sehun" Luhan whispered dangerously close to Sehun's ear 
 
"No, not this time, every time this happens we always get caught!" 
 
"Oh come on like we haven't walked in on them either" Luhan grumbled before starting to Sehun's shirt "I'll be quick, promise" 
 
"I swear you have a shower " 
 
"Oh shush you love it" 
 
"That I do" and he proceeded to kiss the life out of Luhan
 
----
 
"Oh my god are you serious" Baekhyun facepalms as he walks in hearing groans from the bathroom "Yeol they're at it again" he shrugs his leather jacket off before putting the kettle on "Tea?" 
 
"Sure" Chanyeol laughs looking at the newly acquired photo wall against the baby blue wall of the kitchen, it was full of wedding photos he smiled 
 
When Luhan and Sehun walked into the kitchen holding hands Baekhyun growled
 
"Jesus control yourselves for once" 
 
Sehun rolled his eyes and glared at Luhan "I'll be quick promise" he mocked 
 
"Well I for one enjoyed it so Baekhyun who cares if you had to wait" 
 
"Um I do!" Baekhyun squeaked "Anyway lets go, we gotta find a present for Yixing!" 
 
"Ughhhhhh" Sehun groaned "I at picking out presents" 
 
"Call Tao and ask him for advice" Chanyeol offered before Luhan smacked him 
 
"Nonsense Sehun has me! He doesn't need to call Tao!" 
 
"Luhan you dyed his hair rainbow, an accountant with rainbow hair, are you insane?" 
 
"It will make the present more unique!  Right! Plus I already know what everyone else is getting him so I know what not to get him!" 
 
"What did Jongin and Kyungsoo get him?" 
 
"I think they got him a fairy floss maker" 
 
"Interesting" Chanyeol muttered scratching his head "okay well Baek and I need to go clothes shopping as well so I guess we should split up and we'll meet up in an hour for lunch?"
 
"Sounds good to me" 
 
"Try not to have in the changing room" Baekhyun snickered 
 
"Same goes for you, we both know if anyone's an exhibitionist it's you Byun Baekhyun!" Sehun waved an evil smirk graced upon his face 
 
"Shut up!" 
 
---- 
 
"So did you end up ing?" Sehun laughed picking up a French fry lazily slinging his arm around Luhan "Because the look on your faces tells me you did" 
 
"I'm proud" Baekhyun said promptly blushing furiously "what'd you get Yixing" 
 
"Oh go on change the subject" Sehun rolled his eyes "We got him some records" 
 
"Yeah those really old ones by Yesung? Yixing loves him" Luhan said eyes shining "What about you?" 
 
"We got him some guitar music" Chanyeol answered happily munching on his lunch 
 
---- 
 
"My god this place is flash!"Tao breathed tugging at Kris's hand who was carrying Xia on his back "Have you got the present?" 
 
"In my back pocket" Kris said dazed, too busy admiring the crystal chandeliers "This is so different to the birthday parties we threw at Uni" 
 
"Maybe because we have the money now" Tao chuckled "I hope they serve lots of cake, I love cake" 
 
"I wish I could bake" Kris sighed "then I could make you cakes"
 
"Oh darling I love you spite your horrible cooking" Tao laughed "It just adds to your charm" 
 
"Oh shush! Come on I think I see Sehun's rainbow head" 
 
---- 
 
It was a mixture of laughs and tears, happiness and hope. As the twelve were together as one for the first time in what seemed months. 
 
There was of course also a lot of alcohol. And Suho was no exception he had always been a light weight.
 
"I can't believe you guys at macaroni and cheese for breakfast" Jongin slurred relaxing back into one of Luhan's chairs (they had gone back there for coffee- or another round of champagne) "How can you stomach it?" 
 
"Joonie and I have always done it" Yixing laughed only mildly drunk as he didn't want to make a bad impression on Luna 
 
"Jongin it's not like you're the most breakfast food strict person I've ever met either" Kris said wryly "That time you had a full on-" 
 
"Yeah, yeah okay point taken" Jongin waved 
 
"Guys I think Sehunnie and I are gonna blow" Luhan said tiredly as he got up "it's already one and I'm beat" 
 
"You old people" Baekhyun snorted "don't have in the shower again" 
 
"Oh? You really want to go there Baek?" Sehun grinned laughing "At least I don't-" Sehun was cut off when Chanyeol clamped a hand round his mouth 
 
"Okay bye Sehunnie!!!!" He yelled cheerfully pushing his out the door to where Luhan was putting on Mei's shoes 
 
Suho just watched, his mind was fogged with alcohol and his face was flushed "hey guys I'm just going outside for a bit" he murmured standing up 
 
"I'll come with you" 
 
Suho vaguely heard Yixing's voice 
 
"Happy Birthday" he whispered into Yixing's ear "Do you feel old yet?" 
 
"I'm not that old" Yixing laughed punching Joonmyun lightly 
 
"I know, you're perfect" Suho replied reaching out to touch the others cheek. It was an intimate moment of looking into each others eyes- soul searching maybe in the hope of finding something that got lost along the years, something hidden that only appears in secretive glances to longing stares in the feeling of being so incredibly close yet so far away, leaning closer to each other until just their noses touching. Yixing closed his eyes wishing that he could just go back in time, or maybe just stop time, maybe that would be enough. "If only you knew" Suho sighed and Yixing could smell the alcohol in his breath Suho looked up and smiled that gorgeous, melancholy smile he had acquired over the recent years, the smile Yixing has analysed over the years, months, days, the smile he wish he could understand but didn't, but it was still beautiful and Yixing couldn't believe he'd been so dumb. 
 
"Maybe I do know" Yixing replied lowly his nose still touching Joonmyun's he could see his smile quirk just a notch higher 
 
"Maybe, maybe not" Suho reached up and planted a kiss right on Yixing's forehead in a perfectly platonic and sweet way before burying his face in the others chest lacing their hands together in the cool autumn air 
 
"Stop hiding from me" Yixing whispered desperately "Please" 
 
"Catch me if you can" 
 
----