Year 4- August

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Year 4- August

It was almost summer break, pressure of exams were finally off their shoulders; the twelve boys who were contentedly sitting on one of the outside tables of the school.

“Ahhh I love the sun” Baekhyun lifted his head up towards the sky sighing in content. 

“You guys know what we should do this summer?” Kai asked smiling a little at his friends who were all giving him suspicious looks.

“What?” Xiumin said slowly eying Kai through his half-closed eyes.

“Well you know that field near my house? Up by the river?”

“Oh the one with all the daisies?!” Luhan asked excitedly his head resting on Sehun’s lap.

“Yeah that one” Kai said absentmindedly “Anyways I thought we could go camping there, my house is like a hundred or two metres from there so we wouldn’t have to bother about asking one of our parents to come” Kai finished smiling as if it was the best idea in the world.

“I reckon it sounds like fun” Kris stated smiling although it was a really odd smile, Tao was cooing at how cute he was while the rest just shuddered.

“Yeah I want to go!” Sehun shouted lazily leaning back onto his hands.

Suho looked around it seemed everyone wanted to go, but he wouldn’t go without Yixing so he just waited for the younger male to agree.

“I’d like to go too” Lay said smiling at Suho, it was as if he’d read my mind Suho thought but the thought left quite quickly as everyone started talking about who would bring what and how long they would stay.

They decided they’d stay for five days, Kai’s parents would come and check on them once a day they were thirteen anyway now most of them it wasn’t a big deal.

“Baozi and I will bring the food” Chen sang while grabbing the mentioned one in a hug.

“Umm okay” Xiumin agreed, he’d given up on arguing with Chen long ago.

“I’ll bring the flies” Suho murmured “Lay Ah will you help me?” The older turned toward the unicorn loving boy

“Uh yeah sure I’ll help you Hyung” 

“Okay so that means I’ll take the cooking gear” Jongin finalised “Everyone else just bring your camping gear and junk food, togs and stuff okay?”

“Summer break starts Friday this week so should we all meet Saturday at Jongin’s house?” Kyungsoo asked innocently

“Yah! Kyungsoo! Don’t call me that”

The bell rung there was a hustle of laughing, farewells, shuffling of feet and the cries of Sehun being separated from Luhan as he had dancing and Luhan had singing.

“Sehunnie, I’ll see you after school okay? We can get bubble tea and stuff!”

Sehun pouted, but nodded before slinking off to catch up with Lay and Jongin.

“Blegh you and Luhan make me want to puke” Kai motioned the action of vomiting.

“Please like you and Kyungsoo are any different”

“At least I’m not gay like you!”

“Hey! I’m not gay!”

“You said you were going to marry Luhan, I’d call that gay”

“Pfft whatever I’d bet you’d do anything to get into poor Kyungsoo’s pants”

The two continued to throw insults at each other while Lay trailed off into his own world. Lay decided he didn’t mind gay people but he wasn’t gay himself, he wanted to find a girl and have a child and stuff; but then he thought of Suho he was Lay’s ideal type… Just he was a boy. It was all too confusing for Lay’s adolescent brain.

Dance class was particularly challenging today, they were learning new choreography for a showcase in the arts department joint with the singing classes next semester. Lay was glad it was the last class of the day.

“Hey Lay, Kai wait up!” Sehun rushed after them once class was over.

“Yeah” the two chorused.

“We should get the group together to hang today; we haven’t done that in ages”

Lay nodded “Yeah you’re right, hang on I’ll text Suho” Lay pulled his phone out.

“Suho is always your first priority” Kai chuckled.

“He’s my best friend and also he’s with the others” Lay blushed searching for an excuse.

“Yeah sure… Hey where are Kris and Tao? I didn’t see them at all in class today” Sehun wondered out loud.

“Tao probably convinced him to ditch and go shopping with him instead, I’ll text Kris and tell him to meet us at the park” Kai said also reaching for his phone.

“I feel left out! I’m going to text Luhan! Hey guys on the way to the park can we stop at the bubble tea shop, I need my fix!”

“I swear you’re going to die from over consumption of that drink” Lay sighed slipping his phone back into his pocket.

“Am not! Oh by the way I told Luhannie and the others to meet us at the front gate”

The three walked towards the gate where the others were waiting.

“Hey… Where are Kris and Tao…?” Luhan asked tilting his head.

“They ditched” Kai deadpanned

“Oh… that’s nice…”

“Yeah it’s beautiful Luhan. I said we’d meet them at the park”

“Well then let’s go!” Chanyeol hopped up from the bench he was sitting on.

“Guys, we have to stop at the bubble tea store on the way” Sehun reminded them all

“Yeah yeah okay” Baekhyun grumbled as he got up

“You guys should appreciate bubble tea more”

“Dude that stuff is sickening” Kai moaned as they walked. Town was very close to the school so they were there in just under ten minutes.

“Hurry up and get your tea” Baekhyun pushed Luhan and Sehun into the shop the others following behind.

“Hmmm, I think I’ll get chocolate today” Sehun sighed contentedly

“Sehunnie you always get chocolate” Luhan giggled at Sehun

“Luhannie you always get Taro” Sehun stuck his tongue out at the older.

“Chanyeollie! I think I’m going to try a bubble tea today” Baekhyun announced pulling Chanyeol to look at the menu with him.

“Help me choose!”

“Umm I dunno Baekkie” Chanyeol glanced at the menu nervously he hated being under pressure.

“Just pick for me!”

“Umm, okay okay... get melon!” Chanyeol blurted out, he pretty much just said the first thing he saw.

“Okay! Good choice Yeol!” Baekhyun went up to the counter and Chanyeol sighed with relief.

“Lay Ah, do you want to share one with me? I don’t think I can drink a whole one by myself” Joonmyun asked innocently.

Lay blushed again, dammit stupid cheeks just be normal for once! He just asked you if you wanted to share a drink, no big deal.

“Uh yeah sure I’d love to” Lay stuttered “What flavour did you want?”

“Hmm not sure, is strawberry okay?”

“Strawberry’s good”

“Awesome” The pair went up to the counter together to order. Chen and Xiumin were beside them Lay was just listening to their conversation.

“Minmin, do you want to share one with me?” Chen batted his eyelashes at the older.

“Erm, why?”

“Because they look massive!” Chen whined trying to do aegyo and failing miserably. Minseok was sick of his pitiful attempts and just gave in.

“Okay, just pick a nice flavour arraso?”

“Yay! Thanks Minnie!” Chen left a kiss on Xiumin’s cheek, the latter was blushing… hard. Did that really just happen? Xiumin thought to himself as he went to sit down and wait for their orders.

“Everyone ended up getting something!” Sehun laughed as they left the shop bubble tea in hand.

“Kyungsoo and Kai didn’t” Chanyeol pointed out.

“They don’t count as people; even if they did they’re more like… One person” everyone glanced over at the couple who were off in their own little world happily skipping through the streets.

“Jongin is softer than we think” Luhan mused mostly to himself but Sehun squished his cheeks.

“You. Are. So. Cute!”

“What’s with Luhan and Sehun” Chanyeol wondered out loud to Baekhyun who was sipping his tea.

“I dunno, they’ve been like that ever since we were at preschool, you know that Channie”

“Yeah I know but still, it’s kind of creepy how couple like they are right?”

“I don’t think so personally” Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol with serious eyes.

“Well I dunno, it’s just how can toddlers like each other as more than a friend?”

“Chan, you know that they aren’t actually dating right?”

“Yeah but everyone’s saying how they might as well!”

“Well yeah but I don’t think it’s weird to act like that or be gay or whatever”

“I’m not against gay people! I love gay people!”

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol awkwardly.

“Okay… Well yeah if they want to act like a couple… when they aren’t but might as well be I think it’s okay”

“I do think it’s okay! It’s what makes Hunhan, Hunhan!”

Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol lovingly, in a little brother kind of way… Right? Baekhyun was off in his own thoughts in a few seconds. uality had never been an issue in the group because we all assumed everyone was straight but now that I think about it… Hunhan I really don’t think are going to turn out straight. Thirteen was way too young to be thinking about being gay or not he quickly shook the thoughts that had haunted his head over the last few seconds and punched Chanyeol in the arm. They were almost at the park now, fifty or so metres away.

“Race ya!” Baekhyun took off in a sprint towards the park.

“YAH! BACON! NOT FAIR!” Chanyeol complained before running after his fast friend.

They were all sitting on the grass daisies growing everywhere, Luhan who had a really weird obsession with making daisy chains, was making them picking the daisies from the grass to add to his ever growing chain.

“Yah Luhan why are you making that anyway” Chen lay back his arms spreading out enjoying the sunshine after the cold winter months.

“To make a halo for my Sehunnie” Luhan retorted adding the final daisy to the chain.

 “I should have known”

Sehun just blushed looking down at his hands.

“I miss the days when we were always together, school separates us a lot these days” Kyungsoo sighed from where he was lying.

“Well this summer is going to be the best one yet, for all of us” Kai said giving Kyungsoo a hug in reassurance

Last day of school

Lay tapped his fingers on the edge of his desk; he just had to have maths last period Lay was actually excited for the camping trip it was going to be great, sleeping under the stars with his best friends. They’d all come such a long way since when Lay first moved to Korea.

BRRRRING BRRRRIIING!

Whoa, Lay woke up from his day dreaming dazed he packed up his books and walked out.

“Hey” A voice said softly, it was Suho smiling at him.

“Hey Joonmyun” Lay replied they started walking towards the schools exit and towards their houses.

“You excited for tomorrow?” Suho questioned.

“Yeah actually can’t wait” Lay breathed out happily, Suho nodded and kept walking.

“Are you?”

“Hmm yeah, it’ll be good to all finally have a break from school and just have fun, all of us together”

“Do you think that Chanyeol likes Baekhyun?” Lay just blurted out of the blue. Suho looked at him strangely.

“Um maybe? I really don’t know I know that Hunhan like each other oh and that Chen likes Minseok that is so obvious”

“Oh”

“Do you?”

“I don’t know either; I think Baekhyun might like him though”

“That sounds more plausible”

“I’m pretty sure all of our friends are gay, well going to be”

“How come you think that” Suho looked at Lay who had an unreadable expression on.

“Well no one every talks to girls… Ever”

“That’s true”

They approached their street. A silence came between the two only footsteps could be heard.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Lay turned to look at his friend

“You bet” Suho smiled “Do you want a ride out there? Kai’s house is ages away”

“If you’re sure”

“Of course!” Suho’s smile brightened

“Then I’d love to thank you”

Suho nodded and waved before starting down his drive way.

“Mum I’m home” Lay called as he walked through the hallway

“Oh hello darling!” Lays mum called from the kitchen, she was cooking.

“How was school?” She sang stirring her pot of soup.

“Oh yeah it was good I guess”

“I’m looking forward to reading your report card! Now go get changed the Kim family are coming over!”

“Which Kim family”

His mum rolled his eyes “Joonmyuns family”

“Ha gotcha” He started walking upstairs not before sticking his tongue out at his mother.

Lay just sat in his room for a few minutes before grabbing his bag out from the closet, he chucked random clothes in a toothbrush, sleeping bag, pillows, extra blankets he still needed to go grab some junk food but he could do it tomorrow morning he guessed. He walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

He had just got out when he heard a knock at the door

Oh

He fumbled with a towel and ran to his room.

“Lay! Joonmyun’s here!” He heard his mother calling from the stairwell

“Okay! Hang on a second!”

Joonmyun just smiled awkwardly sitting on the sofa with his family.

“Joonmyun you can go up and tell him to hurry up if you want”

“Oh no it’s fine really I can wait”

“Oh don’t be silly just go up! I’m sure he won’t mind!”

“Oh umm okay then…?” Suho got up slowly and walked up to the stairs, he’d practically been forced up here by Lay’s mother.

“Yixing?”

There was no answer. Suho continued to walk up the stairs.

“Lay? Are you okay?” Suho tried again but there was no answer. He approached the door, no one answered when he knocked he contemplated for a few moments before turning the door knob.

Nothing could prepare him for what he saw. Sure enough Lay was there but he was in a towel and frantically dashing round his room looking for some pants.

“Oh god, I’m sorry” Suho covered his eyes quickly “Err I’ll just leave now”

“Don’t worry about it” Suho’s eyes widened underneath his hands

“Oh okay” He sat awkwardly on Lay’s bed while he grabbed his clothes and went to the bathroom.

Underneath Lay’s cool demeanour, Lay was a mess; as soon as he made his exit from his room he let the red spread all over his cheeks.

Oh how embarrassing, nice job Zhang Yixing Lay thought to himself. He changed into a pair of nice skinny jeans and threw on a sweatshirt before going back into his room.

Just calm down Suho, it’s only Lay nothing special nothing out of the ordinary

“Do you want to stay up here for a while? I don’t really want to listen to our parents” Lay asked

“Oh okay s-sure” Suho stuttered still embarrassed, he was surprised when Lay started laughing he just sat in bewilderment as Lay just collapsed with laughter on the ground below him, until his laughter started to become contagious Suho slowly started to laugh along with Lay’s bubbly one. 

“Well that was random” Lay stated after they had calmed down Lay had his head in Suho’s lap as they sat on the bed.

“You started it” Suho reminded him grinning.

“Yeah, yeah” Lay stuck his tongue out.

“That’s a habit of yours” Suho grumbled half heartedly

“You love my weird habits”

“You’re never ending list of them”

“Pfft there aren’t that many”

“You keep telling yourself that Lay Ah”

They eased into a comfortable silence for a while until Lay thought of something to say.

“Have you packed for tomorrow?”

“Hmm?” Suho looked down at the younger

“Jongin’s house?”

“Oh uh yeah I have… I think? Have you?”

“Yeah, well actually I need to get some food and stuff but other than that I’m good”

“Oh well what time is it? We could go to the store now; it’s just down the road”

“It’s seven… Yeah that’d be good, only if you’re sure though” Lay looked up and smiled at his best friend he felt so grateful that Suho would go with him, in fact he was grateful for Suho in general.

“I’m sure” Suho beamed “Let’s go” Suho waited for Lay to get off his lap.

The two small talked as they walked downstairs to see their parents laughing together.

“Hey mum, Suho and I are just going to grab some stuff for tomorrow” Lay called out as he struggled to get his vans on.

“Oh okay be safe guys! Be back by eight okay?”

“Kay”

It was twilight the sky was a pink, purple touched with smoky greys.

“The sky’s so pretty don’t you think Hyung?” Lay asked looking towards his Hyung.

Suho sighed in contentment.

“Yeah… Yeah it is”

Flash forward

I remember that day so clearly, how I could forget. That day was so precious to me, the days when I could keep Lay close to me, when there was only me, before she came along, before she stole his heart before I had the chance, and now she broke it. And left me to pick up the pieces, Suho glanced at Lay who was still sleeping soundly on his sofa; I would have never let that happen to you.

“So what do you want to buy?”

“I don’t know… Marshmallows? Chocolate?”

“Gummy bears?”

“Good idea” Lay looked around and saw Chen and Xiumin out of the corner of his eyes.

“Hey Jongdae” Lay waved to get the pairs attention, what were those two doing here together? They aren’t neighbours or anything.

“Oh hey Lay, Suho” Chen greeted Xiumin smiled and waved at them.

“Hey what are you doing here?” Lay gestured towards the two of them.

“Well Xiumin’s staying at mine before we go to Jongin’s”

“I just love how people call him Jongin behind his back” Lay chuckled

“Because he’ll kill everyone if we called him that to his face, anyway we’re just getting all the food for the trip like for dinner and stuff, what about you guys?” Xiumin laughed

“Oh Lay just needed junk food” Suho poked his friend in the stomach.

“That’s cool” Chen smirked “Minmin we better go find Kyuhyun and erm Donghae?”

“Why do you feel so awkward saying his name?” Xiumin exclaimed whacking Chen jokingly

“Well wouldn’t you feel awkward if your brother got a boyfriend!?”

“No”

“Exactly”

Lay rolled his eyes “Chen I thought Kyuhyun has had heaps of boyfriends”

“Yeah but not serious ones, I’m pretty sure he didn’t even like half of them” Chen scoffed

“I hope that doesn’t happen to Donghae Hyung, I like him the most out of all Kyuhyun’s boyfriends” Xiumin said seriously.

“I doubt they’ll ever break up, I mean Kyuhyun’s never like that with anyone, he never stops talking about Donghae and he’s even nice to me half the time now, I mean what is this?” Chen complained to his three friends.

“You hate it when Kyuhyun’s mean to you” Lay pointed out

“Yeah but now I take it back!”

“Joyous, now come on I think Kyuhyun and Donghae are in the ice cream isle”

“Kay well bye guys! Remember to get some gummy bears okay! Green ones!”

 “Okay sure Chen see you tomorrow you two!” Lay and Suho waved as Xiumin dragged his friends along to the ice cream

“You know that’s the first time in years I’ve seen them get along so well” Suho pointed out.

“Yeah I know, Xiumin doesn’t look like he’s in pain or anything”

“I think it’s good they’re getting along better”

“Me too”

Just look at Minseok and Jongdae now Yixing, and where are we? You just filed for divorce and now you’re here, tear my heart apart all over again, I have to cherish these moments of you without Victoria, because I know another one is going to catch you and when she does my heart will break again. Then again whose going to want to date a divorcee with a three year old daughter.

A/N :DDDDD

Okay! I’m done thank you for reading… this is taking longer than I thought I’m pretty sure this fic is going to take FOREVER -.- 

Hahaha Thanks guys for your support!!!!!!

I hope this fic lives up to your standards guys! Your amazing! I hope my writing improves along the way!