Year 15 August

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

 

"Shhh!!" Minseok moaned desperately into Jongdae's shoulder tugging lightly at the younger's hair. 
 
"Calm down Min! I swear they're out cold!" The other hissed back proceeding to his husbands shirt. 
 
"You know there's something quite unsettling about being twenty three, with children and having in the kitchen" 
 
"Oh you kill romance Kim Minseok" Jongdae growled biting the elder's lip slightly 
 
"Shut up and take your pants off I can't wait any longer" 
 
"Well someone's impatient today aren't they" Jongdae smirked ignoring his husbands death glare as he fumbled with said husband's belt. 
 
----
 
Three AM and tangled in bed sheets Jongdae and Minseok enjoyed the moonlight seeping into the window. 
 
"You know it's funny" Jongdae mused "I always knew I belonged with you" 
 
"Why's that?" Minseok mumbled sleepily  tracing the shoulder blades of Jongdae's back 
 
"Maybe it was somewhere between arguing about whether to get blue gummy bears or green gummy bears, or that time you tried to teach me French and I failed miserably or the time you saved my life" 
 
"You really did at French" Minseok laughed 
 
Jongdae was about to retort when his phone went off and startled the pair, Jongdae flopped miserably over to answer it. 
 
"Who are you and what the do you want it's three in the morning" Jongdae dead panned emotionlessly into the phone. 
 
"Jongdae...it's Yixing" 
 
"Oh... Long time no talk" his mouth went into a small o shaped at he glanced at Minseok mouthing the words 'it's Yixing' 
He watched as the elder creased his eyebrows mouthing back 'what the does he want at this hour?'
 
'I have no ing idea' 
 
'Put it on speaker' 
 
Jongdae complied 
 
"Hi... And I know I'm on speaker so hi Minseok" 
 
"Hey Xing, what's up" 
 
"Well you seem perfectly fine with being disturbed at this hour" Chen's voice dripped with sarcasm rolling his eyes at his husband 
 
"Shut up, if Xing bothered to call us this late at night something must be up" 
 
"Up his " 
 
"Guys" Yixing sighed "I'm right here" 
 
"Yeah so what's up" Minseok asked again 
 
"It's about Suho" 
 
"Suho?" Jongdae's eyebrows rose looking at Minseok 
 
"What's up?" 
 
"He got a boyfriend" 
 
There was a moment of dead silence 
 
"Well..." Jongdae coughed "that's new..." 
 
"I don't like him" 
 
"Well who is he first" Minseok said before Jongdae could make another crude comment 
 
"Do you know of a guy called Lee Jinki?"
 
"Yeah... He's my boss... Kris and Chanyeol too" Jongdae whispered shocked 
 
"Oh my god" Yixing groaned 
 
"He's nice isn't he Dae?" Minseok asked curiously 
 
"Yeah... He's a great guy... He's just my boss... My friend... My boss... Dating... You know it's kind of all what the right now..." 
 
"Look Victoria will be home soon I've gotta go- I'll probably stop by tomorrow or something"
 
"Tell that to off" Jongdae groaned "what the is she doing out this late" 
 
"Work" 
 
"Work my " 
 
"Goodbye Jongdae" Yixing sighed before hanging up 
 
----
 
"Oh my god- you actually listened to me for once" Sehun's jaw dropped 
 
"Let me get this straight, you have a boyfriend" Baekhyun slammed his palms down on the table forcefully bringing attention to the small booth they had at the coffee house. "This is insane" he hissed "You don't even like the guy" 
 
"Look" Suho picked at his muffin "I have just accepted the reality that Yixing and I aren't ever going to happen- I can learn to love Jinki" 
 
"Not when you're in love with your ing best friend" Baekhyun dead panned stuffing his face full of Suho's muffin "You don't deserve this muffin" He said through a mouthful 
 
Suho looked over and saw the psychopath's husband come in bowling over the 'caution wet' sign as he stumbled into the booth.
 
"Hey I just dropped Dara off at kindy" Chanyeol plopped a big sloppy kiss on Baekhyun's temple "what's up?" 
 
"What's up? What's up?" Baekhyun glared at Suho "Joonmyun has a boyfriend" 
 
Sehun laughed when he saw Chanyeol's jaw drop 
 
"No..." 
 
"Yes." 
 
"Joonmyun what the hell? Who is he?" 
 
"Oh this is the best part" Baekhyun sighed "it's your boss"
 
"You mean Jinki? Jinki? Lee Jinki?" 
 
"Yes" Suho flushed red inwardly groaning when he saw Luhan enter the coffee house 
 
"What up what up" Luhan sang happily flopping down onto Sehun's lap "I just got on my break- how are you Suho?" Luhan smiled angelically at his friend and Sehun held back a laugh 
 
"Oh he's great" Baekhyun answered for him voice dripping with fake sweetness 
 
"Umm" the smile disappeared off Luhan's face as he glanced at Sehun who just shrugged nonchalantly the useful bastard he is "Why has Baekhyun turned into... Hades or whatever?" 
 
"Well..." Chanyeol began "Hyung is dating... Well he's dating... He's dating my boss... Jinki shii" 
 
Luhan's eyes widened "Congratulations" was all he said before looking at Sehun all gooey "Sehunnie my baby the love of my life would you please get me a double shot hazelnut latte and one of those blueberry muffins? Thank you baby I love you" he planted a kiss on his husbands cheek who rolled his eyes 
 
"Damn right you do- now get off me so I can get your stupid coffee" 
 
"I love you Sehunnie" 
 
"I know... I love you too" Sehun grumbled before walking up to the counter 
 
"You've got him whipped" Chanyeol observed laughing 
 
"Yeah well he's got me whipped twice as hard" Luhan stared dreamily after Sehun  "Probably why I married him so young" 
 
"Yeah well young marriages don't exactly have the best staying together rate" Baekhyun rolled his eyes "especially the hetro-ual ones" 
 
"Oh please you're just talking about Victoria again" Suho sighed "I thought you'd be happy for me Baekhyun" 
 
"I'd be happy for you if you actually liked the guy" Baekhyun retorted sharply "Joonmyun you're important to me and I love you and you've been like my big brother for as long as I can remember, I was there the day you met Yixing- I know things about you that he doesn't and so god help me if you're going to waste time into deluding yourself you can love someone else when the truth is you just can't! I've seen you try, hundreds of times!" 
 
"And I'm going to try again" Suho whispered hoarsely "Thank you Baekhyun really I love you... But I have to try again" 
 
"You've loved the same man for over a decade- I know you hyung, you can not do this- it will only hurt everyone more" 
 
"Maybe so" Suho murmured "But I deserve a shot at happiness" 
 
Baekhyun's eyes softened a little he reached over to grasp Suho's hands in his own "you are my best friend... That I'm not ually involved with and I'm your best friend that you're not in love with, I'm trying to protect you" 
 
Before Suho could react Sehun came back with coffee and muffin in tow before looking at Baekhyun 
 
"Baek- stop being such a worry wart honestly, Suho is a big kid now" 
 
"I'm sorry Joonmyun" Baekhyun says sincerely "I don't like Chanyeol's boss" he pauses "I want you to be happy I really do... But you know how I reacted when Yixing said he was dating Victoria are you honestly surprised at this?" 
 
"No" Suho murmured softly 
 
"Look Suho, Chanyeol and I have to go- we have a meeting with insurance, I'll call you later" Baekhyun stood up "bye Luhan and Sehun- remember dinner our house tomorrow at six Dara wants to see Mei" 
 
"Adios- see you then" Sehun waved as Baekhyun dragged a blissfully ignorant Chanyeol out of the coffee house 
 
"Well then" Luhan looked at Suho worriedly "Joonmyun we should talk about this" 
 
---
 
"Woah woah woah" Tao almost spat out his coffee "He what?" 
 
"That's what he told me" Kris shrugged "News travels fast in this circle" 
 
"I can't get over this... I'm so used to Joonmyun pining over Yixing... It's so hard to process" 
 
Kris scoffed "it's not like Joonmyun has any strong feelings for Jinki... My boss... Ugh anyway I know he still loves Yixing" 
 
"How did you find this all out?" 
 
"I just listened to Baekhyun rant his head off while I was trying to work inside the guys ing building- Chanyeol also told me when he came in for his afternoon shift" 
 
"Jesus gossip gossip- so everyone knows" Tao bit into his biscuit 
 
"Not sure... I think we're all meeting tonight to discuss" 
 
"God sounds like we're in bloody middle school again- Suho's life I say he can do what he wants with it" 
 
Kris shrugged "We just have to be at Luhan and Sehun's house tonight at seven- we can bring Xia- I know Chanyeol and Baekhyun are bringing Dara" 
 
"Okay so I'll just order take out for dinner , see you at five thirty" Tao took his last sip of coffee before kissing Kris square on the lips and rushing out the door 
 
"See you at five thirty" Kris murmured even though he knew the other couldn't hear him 
 
----
 
It was chaos to say the least- Luhan was arguing with Baekhyun while Chanyeol and Sehun helplessly stared at one another while Jongdae was screaming that this was all Victoria's fault 
 
Kyungsoo and Minseok were having a small discussion on the stupidity of it all 
 
Jongin and Kris were playing with the kids. 
 
And Tao... Tao just sat there silently fuming. 
 
"Enough!" He shouted getting everyone's attention "look who even cares- yes we all care about hyung, yes we all know this is a huge mistake but it's not our life- Baekkie I know you're trying to protect Suho but if anything he needs our love and support, we know that Yixing will come round and the only thing we have to worry about is this Jinki guy getting hurt... And who knows the guy could be a douche bag" 
 
"I agree" Luhan said "we have to let Joonmyun learn for himself" 
 
"And on that note... Can we finish this really deep conversation after we eat that cheesecake? It's looking really good  right now..." 
 
A/N 
 
What have I done... OTL