Year 6- March

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Second year of high school already, nothing’s really changed we’re still the bottom of the food chain admiring the seniors from afar.

Suho was awoken by the loud beeping of his alarm clock; he waved his hand in the direction of his bedside table to make it stop. Pushing himself out of bed he walked to the shower rubbing his eyes tiredly, his mother had already left for work. He let the scalding hot rain of water hit his back wincing slightly but he liked the water hot.

Suho was munching on his toast when Lay arrived skateboard and all, Lay had really turned into something over the years, he started skateboarding and drawing, developed a love for photography. His friends all joked that Lay had gone hippy, he didn’t really or at least Suho hoped not, Yixing was always unpredictable.

The younger took a large bite of the toast that was sitting on Suho’s plate.

“Peanut butter, nice” Yixing winked at him jokingly, but why is my heart beating faster?

“Yah! Get your own silly! You know where the pantry is” Suho just watched as Lay laughed as he sauntered through the kitchen till he reached the bread bin.

“You haven’t had breakfast yet?” Suho raised an eyebrow

“Nah, I saw auntie leave really early this morning, I thought you might get lonely”

You were always so kind to me, you made me fall but you never caught me; I’m falling deeper and deeper, will there ever be an end? Why did you let me fall, if you were never going to catch me in the end Yixing?

“Yeah she hardly gets to see your family anymore, now that dads… gone”

“Joonmyun, it was between your parents not you, I’m sure your father still loves you”

“Then why did he leave?” Suho laughed bitterly, his parents had got a divorce last year; it was a bad time for Suho his grades dropped he was always tired and he never wanted to eat, his mother stuck herself into her work, she hardly saw Suho now either, she was still stuck in her own pain. His friends were all worried sick about him, but it was Yixing that came round every day to check if he was eating, it was Yixing’s shirt that was always soaked with his tears. Yixing had saved him, brought him back from the brink of destruction, the only one that understood.

“He didn’t get and custody over you, maybe he thought your mum was the better parent?”

“My mother’s hopeless”

Lay sighed “I know”

The toaster popped frightening them both.  

“Looks like my foods waiting for me!”

----

Luhan slowly cracked his eyes open and took in his surroundings; he was at Sehun’s house, again. He slowly shook the other lightly.

“Sehunnie, wake up we have school today”

All Luhan got in reply was a small whine.

“We can go get bubble tea on the way there” Luhan smiled, the bribe always worked and was put into practice when Sehun suddenly bounded out of bed.

“So Hyung how was your sleep today?” Sehun yawned stretching then dropping his fists on the duvet.

“Great, you?” Luhan smiled and Sehun’s heart rate almost hit the roof, he had liked Luhan since middle school but was too afraid to tell him, he was too ashamed.

“Yeah me too, let’s go get some breakfast ne?”

“Ne, I’m starving!”

The two boys bounded into the living room and were greeted with Sehun’s mother stirring a pot of congee up for the boys to eat.

“Good morning boys! Are you ready for school?”

“No Umma, I’m not, the weekend isn’t long enough honestly”

“Darling, you need to study hard so you can bring pride to our family”

Luhan chuckled at the face Sehun made and popped a spoonful of rice porridge in his mouth.

“Come on Luhan, we have to hurry if you want to get bubble tea!” Sehun raced upstairs, Luhan followed chuckling with endearment.

Oh Hyung, why can’t you see me? I’m here I’m waiting

Sehun buttoned up his shirt and was about to but his tie on when soft hands took the tie from his hands, Luhan stuck a tongue out at him.

“I know you can’t put on ties Sehunnie”

“I can so!” Sehun pouted although he didn’t really mind because Luhan was touching him.

“Sure you can, there all done” Luhan smiled and pressed the tie against the youngers chest he was about to pull away when two strong hands stopped him.

“Luhan, you know you’re very special to me right? I love you I really do”

Luhan beamed and kissed Sehun’s forehead

“I know Sehunnie! Now let’s go get your tea!”

Sehun sighed

No Hyung, you have no idea.

----

“Hyung are you ready to go yet?” Lay asked as he finished off his toast

“Yeah hang on, I’ll get my board” In truth Suho only got the board so he could travel to school with Lay, he had a driver’s license and a car but being with Lay topped a car by longshot so Lay taught him how to skate.

The two left Suho’s house skateboards in hand.

“Race ya” Lay winked at Suho again; Suho looked down trying to hide his blush

“You’re on!” Suho looked up and smiled

They were halfway to school when they passed the convenience store with Chen and Xiumin, Suho was surprised they were the first couple in our group truth be told, everyone thought it would be Luhan and Sehun; after the camping trip in middle school Chen never teased Minseok again… Well he did but not as bad as he used to, the two became so close, Suho remembers the day Chen confided to him, and Suho told him to go for it.

Just look at them now

“Oh hey guys” Minseok waved at the two.

“Hey Minseok, Chen what’re you doing here?”

Minseok rolled his eyes and pointed to his boyfriend

“This pabo forgot his lunch he dragged me here so he had something to eat, he said canteen food is gross”

“Minmin! You love me anyway! And it is gross! How do you guys eat that stuff” Chen shuddered

“I never thought it tasted that bad” Suho voiced his opinion.

“Well you have low food standards”

“Yah! That’s a mean thing to say to your Hyung!”

“You’re Suho, not my Hyung”

Suho sighed and tugged at lays sweater

“Let’s go Yixing Ah; we’ll see you two at school okay?”

“Bye guys” Lay waved as they exited the shop

Jongdae and Minseok just watched as the duo skated off.

“Do you see it Minseok?” Chen asked as his fingers wound themselves around Minseok’s own.

“I see it…”

----

Kyungsoo and Jongin were on the bus, since they lived so far out, Jongin’s parents were deliberating whether or not to send Jongin to the boarding hostel they had, Jongin had begged them not to, he would miss seeing Kyungsoo every day before school every weekend when it was just them and the river, the walking tracks, the views.

Jongin loved Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo was a blind bat.

It was so painstakingly obvious to any outside eye, but to Kyungsoo, it was just Jongin being a .

But I’m not like that Hyung, believe me, this once

With one headphone each, both of them still sleepy, they had to get up extra early just to get to the bus stop on time.

Jongin had his iPod on shuffle, it had mostly been pop songs by a rookie band EXO was it? Jongin couldn’t remember, they sounded good, not as good as Kyungsoo though, Jongin thought as Kyungsoo started sing

The most beautiful voice in the world

“Hyung, you could take over the world with your singing” Jongin mused as his older friend blushed opting to stare out the window instead of looking into Jongin’s eyes.

“Stop joking Jongin! You know my parents want me to do architecture”

“Well you’re good at drawing too Hyung, but what is it that you want to do, cause I’m pretty sure I know which you prefer” Jongin slung his bag over his shoulders and made his way to exit the bus, Kyungsoo just sat there for an extra moment taking in what Kai had just told him.

Singing will get me no where

Kyungsoo smiled bitterly at his parent’s words after he had told them his dream

----

Kris walked into the library, it was eight thirty in the morning and he had a maths test in two hours

ing Calc.

With a dramatic sigh he opened his text book and began to study, he yawned and glanced around him the library was pretty much empty apart from this nerdy guy who was looking at comics.

It was way too early for this

In the end Kris had fallen asleep on his text book, letters and numbers together just made his head fuzzy, not to mention that he hadn’t had breakfast this morning, he’d come early to study and he just fell asleep anyway, smooth Kris, real smooth.

“Here you ”

Kris woke up with a jolt as someone had thrown a paper bag at him; he glanced inside a chocolate croissant he looked up to see who had gifted him breakfast to find Baekhyun standing in front of his desk, his eyes neatly lined with black, Baekhyun had become obsessed with eyeliner lately it was crazy the amount of kohl that boy had in his bathroom, it was worse than himself with his bb cream. Baekhyun gave him a smirk holding two cups of coffee in his hands, he handed one to Kris.

“God you’re a legend, I thought I would have to sit this test with an empty stomach and no caffeine” Kris sipped his coffee leaning back into his chair.

“I figured you would come here to study for it, Xiumin was freaking out about it when I saw them in the hallway” Baekhyun grinned as Kris held back a laugh; that was just so like Xiumin

“Luhan doesn’t even care about the maths test, he’s freaking over the showcase”

“That nerd doesn’t even need to worry about his school grades”

Kris scoffed

“So anyway where’s Yeol? You’re usually with him before school” Kris asked raising an eyebrow.

“He’s ‘sick’ that bastard is probably faking so he doesn’t have to do the test”

Kris grinned at that.

“Where’s the panda then?” Baekhyun looked around searching for his black haired friend.

“Pfft I dunno, sleeping? I called him this morning, didn’t pick up, he was supposed to help me study”

“Naw isn’t that cute” Baekhyun squished Kris’s cheeks, the taller just stared at him weirdly as Baekhyun abused his cheeks

“Remind me why I’m your friend again?”

“Because I bought you breakfast today” Baekhyun smiled letting go of Kris’s cheeks and patting him on the head.

“Look gotta run, things do to do people to see, I’ll see you at lunch with the others”

“You better be in maths class or I will end you”

“You love me too much for that, ta ta!”

And with that Baekhyun sauntered out of the library.

Kris turned to his books again.

Where was I? Oh yeah Calc. my life I am so going to fail.

A/N

START OF HIGH SCHOOL CHAPTERS! Sorry it’s short and stuff -.- it probably and stuff but you know anyway… Enjoy!

Chanyeol and Tao will come in later!!!