Year 6- July

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Suho was in the music rooms with Lay, he was practising for the showcase that was tomorrow, everyone was extremely nervous; it was the way the school showed off its artistic talent and their grade depended on this, the singing and dance classes collaborated and of course their friends all decided to perform together, they were all getting really nervous, Suho couldn’t take it so he dragged Lay into the music rooms to get away from all the nervous shrieks Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were making and Chen making all the what if scenarios up. All he needed was Lay, Lay kept him grounded, Lay kept him steady.

“Why are you so nervous anyway Suho? You have an amazing voice you don’t need to worry about it” Lay asked when Suho was running through ‘What is love’ for the millionth time

“I don’t know… Just you know first performance and everything and yeah…”

“C’mon, let’s go take a break” Lay nodded towards the door, Suho gave a small smile and nodded following the younger outside, they walked to a nearby park quite close to school, it was lunch so nobody would notice that they were gone, Suho was making a daisy chain while Lay was watching fish in the pond.

“Hyung! You’re remind me of Luhan when you make daisy chains like that” Lay laughed as Suho draped a halo of daisies on the youngers head

“Psshht I make way better daisy chains than Luhan!”

“Hmmm I dunno…”

“Yah! You should support your best friend in this matter!”

“Okay! Suho you make the best daisy chains!”

“That’s much better”

“Aish you’re so weird, anyway come here and look at the fish before we have to go back to school!”

“Why?”

“Because they’re amazing! They may not be narwhals but I still think they look cute”

“Why do you like Narwhals?”

“Because they are the ocean’s unicorns”

“Not unicorns again…”

“Hyung, I’m telling you, unicorns are real”

“I know they are”

“You’re just saying that! Race you to class!” Lay jumped up and made a dead sprint for school

“YAH! You always do this to me! I always tell you it’s unfair!!!”

“Life’s not fair Suho!”

You’re right it isn’t fair

----

“Luhannie!” Sehun ran out of his dance class to greet his boyfriend at the end of the day, Luhan looked up and smiled.

“Hey Sehunnie”

“Are you staying at my house tonight?”

Luhan shook his head “Not tonight Sehunnie, I’m sorry I need to talk to my parent s about something okay? I’ll come round and see you before the showcase tomorrow I promise”

Sehun cocked his head to the side, Luhan seemed so… Serious “Okay Luhannie, text me okay? I’ll miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too Sehunnie! I’ll see you soon!”

Luhan then turned and walked quickly out of Sehun’s sight I wonder what’s wrong, he thought as he watched the space where Luhan once was.

“Hey, mother, father I’m home”

“Oh hello Luhan, where’s Sehun today?” Luhan’s mother asked as she saw Luhan come in alone.

“Oh… He’s not coming today; I want to talk to you and dad about something”

“Oh really? Okay then, I’ll just go get your father then”

Luhan was sitting on the sofa nervously, he knew his parents were homophobic he was terrified on how they’d react.

“So Luhan, what did you want to discuss with us?” Luhan’s mother smiled at him, it made Luhan feel sick to the stomach.

“I have a confession to make”

Luhan’s father raised an eyebrow “Go on”

“I’m… In a relationship”

Luhan’s father’s face turned into a smirk “So who’s the lucky lady? Will we be able to meet her anytime soon?”

“He… Actually… And you’ve met him before…”

“Please don’t tell me this is happening” Luhan’s father’s face dropped, he had turned bright red

“I’m sorry, I really am, but yes, I’m gay… And I’m in a relationship with Sehun”

His mother gasped and dropped the tea cup she was holding it shattered through the silence; Luhan could feel tears brewing in his eyes.

“You can’t be serious”

“I am being dead serious father” Luhan watched as his father’s cheeks turned from pink to purple the anger evident in his eyes.

“YOU HAVE BROUGHT DISGRACE TO OUR FAMILY, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, THIS IS A SIN YOU ARE COMMITING, I CANNOT HAVE A SON WHO IS HOMOUAL”

“I know, I’m sorry”

“Then what are you going to do about it” His father hissed looking at his son with a disgusted look on his face

“Nothing, I cannot and will not change who I am” Luhan let a tear escape through his eye his mother was silent she had a stony look on her face.

“If you cannot change, you are not welcome here, you are no longer my son, get out of my sight, you are disgraceful, I never want to see you again”

“Yes father”

“I am no longer your father”

And with that Luhan’s dad stalked out of the room, Luhan looked  at his mother ready to burst into tears, he wished that she would come and cuddle him like she used too when he was little but that was not going to happen as his mother left the room only saying one sentence to him as she left.

“Pack your things; you are no longer welcome into our home”

The rejection was cold and bitter it stung Luhan like a slap in the face he ran upstairs and slammed the door, this was no longer his house, he no longer had parents. Luhan sank to the floor crying he sat there for hours crying his heart out; no one came to check on him, he checked his phone fifteen texts from Sehun and two missed calls. Luhan quickly grabbed his phone to text Sehun.

To: Sehunnie<3

I changed my mind, I’m going to stay at your house tonight is that okay?

Love Luhan x

----

Sehun took less than a minute to reply to him

----

From: Sehunnie<3

Okay Xiao Lu, that’s fine come round whenever arraso? I hope you’re okay, stay safe Hyung

I love you Hyung

Sehun x

----

At least someone still cared, Luhan didn’t notice the door open and his mother standing behind him until she cleared Luhan winced and looked up at his mother he was surprised by her soft expression she was wearing although she was holding empty boxes and suitcases for Luhan, complete rejection Luhan thought again trying to put on a stony face at his mother.

“What do you want?” he asked coldly his mother took a deep breath

“Luhan, love although I don’t accept your… Relationship, you are still my son okay? I still love you very much but darling, it’s not safe for you to stay here okay? Your father is a very stubborn man. Take these, I know you’ll need financial support, I am happy to provide to you, make me a proud mother okay? Goodbye Luhan, I’ll miss you” His mother kissed his cheek and gave him a silk bag of something she then left the room and left the suitcases there for him to pack.

Luhan glanced into the bag, it was full of diamonds, his mother’s diamond collection it was worth hundreds of thousands, millions even, how was his mother this kind to him after all he’d done was shame her.

“I will make you proud, I’ll make you proud to be my mother, I’ll make you accept Sehun and I someday” Luhan whispered more tears erupting out of his eyes.

----

Sehun heard a knock at the door; he leapt from the dining table and ran towards it, that’d be Luhan he thought happily as he opened the door.

What he was confronted with was not happy

“Luhan!?” Sehun asked as he took in the image in front of him, a tear streaked Luhan with a whole lot of boxes and suitcases “What happened Luhannie?” Sehun rushed out to hug the poor distraught boy, what made it worse is that it was raining so he was soaking wet, what a mood setter Sehun thought dryly as he ushered Luhan inside.

It was a good thing Sehun was home alone tonight; his mother was at work as was his father.

“D-d-do you mind if I stay here for a while?” Luhan asked through his sobs as Sehun was etching with worry; Sehun could only bet this was about his parents.

“Luhannie, stay as long as you like, but please tell me what’s wrong”

“My father kicked- kicked me out-“ fresh tears welled in Luhan’s eyes he was becoming hysterical with tears now collapsing onto Sehun’s chest as Sehun led them to the sofa.

“This is because of me isn’t it” Sehun stated grimly as he ran his hand through Luhan’s honey blonde locks.

“No- No-No-No” Luhan said shaking his head vigorously it wasn’t Sehun’s fault, it was no body’s fault, God had to be unkind to him.

“You told them about us, they disowned you, this is all my fault” Sehun wailed on the brink of crying as well.

“No! Sehun! Don’t this isn’t about you, my parents are homophobic you know that, there was nothing anyone could of done to prevent it”

“You could have said that you didn’t like me back, you could of dumped me! Why didn’t you dump me! Hyung!”

“I love you Sehun! I’ve loved you ever since I can remember! I’m not giving that up”

“But please Luhan, you’ve lost your family because of me! If you had never even walked in that day then maybe things would be different than maybe-“

“Sehun shut up, I want to be with you, I want to grow old with you I want to see the world with you, my parents don’t matter right now, you and our friends they are all the family I could ever possibly want, I just want to be with you right now so please do not say things like that, I want you to make me forget everything that happened today”

“How?” Sehun squeaked

“Kiss me”

Before Sehun had any time to react he felt soft lips press against his own, tainted with tears it was passionate yet soft and desperate Sehun returned the kiss deepening it, his tongue made its way into Luhan’s mouth. They pulled away gasping for air

“Did I succeed?”

“Yeah, you passed” Luhan gave a small smile before snuggling down into Sehun’s arms and turning to watch the television.

A/N

I really felt awkward writing about that kiss OMO so bad at all the romancey kind stuff… heheheh such an awkward turtle… Luhan’s parents NO!!! But I mean their relationship had to have a bit of angst but anyway you guys have no idea what I am saving up for Hunhan later in the fic ^^ annnyway yeah bit of Sulay drabble at the start… Baekyeol is on the way guys!!! Bear with me arraso!

I love every single one of you! I just want to squish you all into a giant massive hug!!!!! <3

I update kinda often don't you think... Almost daily! Shows how much you guys motivate me!!!!!!! ^^