Year 6- July showcase pt 2

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Sehun awoke to quiet sobbing his eyes fluttered open, he was still on the couch he carefully sat up and glanced around the TV was still on and there was a huddled figure sitting on the arm chair next to him there was a sniffling noise.

Luhan

Sehun’s eyes opened in realisation and he carefully got up and approached the huddled lump.

“Luhannie?”

Luhan didn’t answer him but just kept crying, Sehun tried again

“Luhan Hyung?”

By this time Sehun was trying not to freak out, because when Luhan cried most of the time Sehun cried as well it had been like that since they were kids, four in the morning was way too early for Sehun to even think about dealing with sadness, he hurriedly dashed for his phone and dialled Suho’s number.

Suho woke up to a brash ringing sound he groaned before picking it up.

“What do you want with me Sehun?”

“Oh my god, Luhan’s crying and I cannot handle this it’s ing four in the morning and I feel like I’m about to cry too, help me, help me, help me!” Sehun hissed into the phone nervously, he was whispering as too try keep quiet.

“Okay, what’s wrong? I’ll be there in ten” Suho hung up and sleepily reached for his jeans, he hastily put them on and grabbed his car keys, it was still dark outside not to mention cold, Suho shivered in his sweater.

“So…Sehun rang you too huh?”

Suho whipped his head around to see none other than Zhang Yixing grinning in front of him, skate board in hand.

“Yeah, man I’m tired; anyway you were planning on skating to Sehun’s house? That would have taken forever!”

“Well yeah but since you’re here I might as well just catch a lift with you right?” Lay stuck his tongue out and got into Suho’s car, Suho himself just rolled his eyes

----

“Seems like he called everyone then” Lay mused as they stepped out of the car noticing Kyungsoo, Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kris’ car on the street, they walked into the house to hear a wailing Luhan who had his face buried into Sehun’s chest, Sehun’s top was soaked and his expression was pained, everyone else was just watching the couple in amazement.

“OMG SUHO HYUNG HELP ME, HE’S SO SAD HELP ME CHEER HIM UP” Sehun wailed finally letting tears flow from his face and that might I add did not help Luhan’s situation at all.

“Well would you tell us what’s wrong first?” Chen asked exasperatedly tired of hearing Luhan’s non -stop cries “My ears are starting to ache”

“His parents…” Sehun started but he looked away obviously not wanting to talk about it but Minseok’s eyes widened in realization.

“He told them; obviously it didn’t go all that well”

“His father disowned him” Sehun said quietly guilt ridden, everyone went quiet and just looked at Sehun sympathetically

“Oh… Sehun, it’s not your fault” Minseok smiled and Chen nodded in agreement

“Luhan’s father doesn’t deserve Luhan as a son anyway” Kai said saying something heartfelt was a rare occasion for him.

“Luhan, it’s okay remember you have us” Suho said quietly rubbing Luhan’s back softly

“Ge it’s okay! We’ll be your new family; Kris can be your daddy!” Tao said excitedly with his plush panda in his arms and Kris just staring at him with wide eyes

“Tao, I am far too young too even think about being a dad”

Tao elbowed the tall boy in the ribs

“Okay, okay Luhan I’ll be your dad”

“Luhan it’s okay, remember you don’t want red eyes for the showcase today!” Lay added trying to lighten the mood.

But only Sehun had noticed that Luhan’s tears had stopped flowing he still had his face buried in Sehun’s chest but Sehun could feel the small smiles that were gracing Luhan’s face.

----

Sehun’s parents had walked into the living room at seven to find twelve teenagers in their living room sleeping, Sehun’s mother gushed at Kai and Kyungsoo who were lying on the couch together before dashing out to work, his father just rolled his eyes at her but smiling at his son endearingly before slipping out of the house undetected.

Sehun awoke for the second time at around eight thirty, this time he felt a heavy lump on his chest, he woke up to find Luhan sleeping peacefully on top of him, he leaned down and kissed the smaller yet older boy on the forehead.

I love you so much, you complete me

It was at that moment Sehun knew they were going to be okay; someday Luhan’s parents will accept their relationship Sehun would make it happen

----

Once everyone was up, Kyungsoo had begun to make pancakes, rummaging through Sehun’s pantry

“Sehun! Your pantry is so disappointing! You barely have any baking ingredients and NO fruit! What is this?”

“Hyung, if it bothers you that much I’ll just go to the supermarket and get you some things for you okay?” Sehun sighed running a hand through his hair; Luhan was still clinging to him like baby to his mother.

“I’ll make a list!” Kyungsoo sang happily picking up a pen and some paper off the table.

Luhan panicked what if Sehun never came back? Then he’d be truly alone.

“Sehun! Don’t go!” Luhan grabbed Sehun’s arm as the younger started to get up.

“Luhannie, I’ll only be gone fifteen minutes”

“Then let me come with you!”

“You can come if you want too, but it won’t be that exciting”

“No! I’ll come! I want to go! It’ll be fun!” Luhan scrambled up and put him arm around Sehun’s waist

“Okay Hyung, Kyungsoo where’s the list hurry up!”

“Here! Make sure it’s all organic okay? You have no idea how much germs and chemicals there are on normal food”

“Sure…”

----

Sehun hoped into his car, Luhan by his side, the older was so chatty this morning, Sehun was having trouble keeping up with him.

Luhan was now looking through the list that Kyungsoo had given them.

“Strawberries? Why does he need those? Well I guess Chen really likes them and Bananas? Sehunnie I think he’s trying to promote a healthier lifestyle for you” Luhan laughed as he skipped along the aisles of the supermarket “oh look! He even wants you to get ice cream!”

“Luhannie, you don’t have to do this” Sehun said suddenly, glancing at Luhan’s reaction

“Do what?”

“This, we could pretend nothing ever happened and you could go home and your parents will love you again”

Luhan stared at Sehun softly before answering “I want to do this Sehun, I want to be with you my mother is supporting me anyway my father means nothing to me”

“But yesterday-“

“Yesterday is history, I know what I want right now and that’s you” Luhan leaned in and pecked Sehun on his lips ignoring the stares everyone was giving the.

“Do you believe me now?” Luhan whispered into Sehun’s air, Sehun pushed him away playfully

“You are such a tease, c’mon let’s go get Kyungsoo’s ice cream”

----

They had to be at the school at ten am all of them exhausted already from being woken up so early, they all piled into different cars that littered Sehun’s street, Luhan and Sehun decided to go with Xiumin and Chen instead of taking Sehun’s car, Baekhyun and Chanyeol went in Baekhyun’s car with Tao and Kris; Baekhyun had insisted on taking his car because it was the neatest, Suho and Lay went with Kai and Kyungsoo.

Suho had to say that watching Kai and Kyungsoo interact was one of the strangest things he’d ever seen, it was like they were an old married couple in a way always bickering and nagging each other, well it was mostly Kyungsoo nagging Kai.

“Jongin put on your seat belt” Kyungsoo instructed and pointed at the buckle

“Hyung, it’ll be fine the schools not even that faraway”

“Well if I crash and you die I will not be held responsible”

“Fine, fine I’ll put it on just for you” ‘click’ “There are you happy now princess Kyungsoo”

“Ugh! You’re so embarrassing!”

“What? Suho and Lay don’t mind right?” Kai looked at the pair in the backseat pointedly

“Err sure thing Jongin…”

“See!”

“That’s not the point!”

----

It was now three in the afternoon, the school had been practicing for hour’s non-stop the showcase lasted four hours starting at six pm, and everyone was already exhausted from the rehearsal music blared and people were in their sweat clothes.

“Oh my god I’m so tired!” Lay whined and hugged Suho, he was all sweaty but Suho didn’t really mind all that much it was kind of nice hugging him it felt warm and Suho suddenly felt all these butterflies swarm in his tummy.

Back then I thought no haha that’s not right I can’t love him, my best friend but I did I fell so hard I’m still falling, why did you come back to me are you just going to throw me away again for some girl who says she loves you? Why couldn’t you let me get over you? You’re not my best friend you’re my soul mate Yixing if only you would notice that too, why are you still here? Don’t you think the damage is already enough?

Suho looked round his arms still on Yixing’s shoulders he could see two figures behind the curtain.

“Pssst!” Suho whacked Lay hard on the shoulder blade

“OW what was that for hyung?”

“Shhh! Look, who are they, behind the curtain?”

“Pfft I don’t know- Wait… Is that Kyungsoo?”

“Yeah, making out with someone! Who is it?”

“Well… It’s a guy…”

“Yeah but do we know him?”

“Erm… I dunno I can’t see”

“Should we go have a look?”

The two started creeping over towards a curtain when the Xiuchen couple popped out of the blue.

“Hey guys!” Xiumin said cheerily sweat running down his face, Chen waved and was equally drenched with sweat.

“Umm… aren’t you guys singers?” Lay asked confused as to why they would be this gross from singing

“LAYYYYY don’t you remember pabo! We collaborated with you! You have to sing as well and we have to dance so everyone is singing and dancing!” Chen exclaimed bounding up and down

“Dancing is so fun!” Xiumin nodded

“That’s great, anyway Lay and I have something to do now so we’ll be going!” Suho tugged Lay’s shirt, which was becoming a bit of a habit now.

“Nun uh! Cordi noona’s want you two in the dressing room pronto! You’re coming with us”

Suho huffed in protest as they lead Suho and Yixing away, Suho looked back and Kyungsoo was gone

Ugh Chen why are you such an annoying boy! Kyuhyun is a very, very bad influence on you! Suho thought as he got shoved into the dressing room.

“Tata! Have fun!” Chen sang as he left.

And so Suho sat in a chair for almost half an hour just getting his face done, from eyebrow waxing to face cream

“I don’t see why this school makes such a big deal out of performing arts I mean really what normal school let’s their students be abused by this” Suho grumbled as he changed into his show clothes.

“Because this is an arts school? Anyway you know how competition is high round here” Lay replied putting his jacket on

It wasn’t long before the rest of them were all shoved into the room.

“Awesome! They have cake in here!” Kai hollered as he marched in

----

They were all changed and ready for their performances although there were a few costume changes throughout the showcase they were all backstage ready to go, the first act was all the performers singing a song called hope. Chen was talking to his brother who was also performing with his friends.

Sehun held Luhan’s hand and was trying to calm down the older boy’s nerves while also trying to settle his own at the same time. Suho smiled at Lay encouragingly before the curtains started rising and a girl named Taeyeon started off the song, Suho looked around as he sang most of the school population and some fan girls from other schools had also turned up along with parents, various magazine editors and the media had also arrived, the school usually put on a showcase for business opportunities.

It was all a whirl, Luhan was singing as hard and passionately as he could, probably letting all of his emotions of his dad emit through his song. Kyuhyun, Kim Ryeowook and a guy people called Yesung sang a Korean version of the night Chicago died, Donghae sang a song in Chinese and there were many group performances.

It was all over so fast; before Suho even knew it they were doing the last performance doing a cover of EXO’s mama.

----

Luhan looked around and saw everyone’s parents even Sehun and Suho’s parents well parent in Suho’s case showed up, nobody had shown up for Luhan he felt his heart sink for a moment he looked around once again, then out of the corner of his eye he saw his mother standing by the door the happiness he felt Luhan couldn’t even describe, his mother even bothered to show up she even saw a smile on her face.

Things would be okay.

A/N

OMG I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS WRITING WHEN I WROTE THIS -.- pretty fail I know but enjoy guys!!!!!

 ^^ <3 <3 <3