Year one- January

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

7th January

 

Joonmyun was seven when he met Yixing. He was playing soccer in his backyard with his friend Baekhyun when they discovered a moving van at the house next to his own

 

"Suho Hyung! Let's go meet your new neighbour’s!" Baekhyun cheered as he started running up the drive

 

"OMO they sound Chinese, Exciting!!" Baekhyun called from Suho's male box as he waited impatiently for Suho to catch up

 

"Hyung you’re so slow!!"

 

"Yah! Respect your elders Baekhyun Ah!"

 

Baekhyun pouted, "But Chanyeollie doesn't have to!!"

 

"It's Chanyeol; you on the other hand are not Chanyeol so you do not get the same treatment!" Suho sighed why everyone treated him like he was 100 years old he’d never know. He was 7 years old forgodsake.

 

"Just hurry Suho Hyung! I want to meet your neighbour’s!"

 

"Ugh I'm coming, I’m coming"

 

They walked over to the house next door and found as Baekhyun foretold a Chinese family who were just settling into their new home. The duo crept round the corner till they were in the middle of the driveway. They just stood there idly until a middle aged woman with a box full of belongings opened the door. Her eyes bulged in happiness when she saw the two.

 

"Hello" The woman spoke happily "Where do you too boys come from" The woman put the box down and knelt down towards the two boys.

 

"Annyeong! I am Baekhyun this is Suho" The younger boy spoke pointing at Suho "His real name is Joonmyun but he really hates that name for some reason, I am Suho's friend and we came to visit you because you are Suho's new neighbour" The cute boy explained while Suho just stood there embarrassed.

 

"Oh? You're our new neighbour? We have a son around your age! Oh that's fantastic! He can meet some new people before he goes to school! Let me just go get him" The nice lady went back inside her house the two boys could hear faint calls of 'Yixing!' 'Yixing!' until she came out with a young boy holding her hand, he was quite tall for his age and his hair kind of reminded Suho of a unicorn horn.

 

"Go on Yixing say hello" The lady cooed at her son who stood timidly behind her, Joonmyun tried to look around his mother’s figure to get a better look at the boy. They met eye's Suho smiled at him and the boy slowly smiled back he stepped forward as he gained confidence he opened his mouth to speak

 

"Hello, my name is Zhang Yixing, but please could you call me Lay? I like that name much better" Heavily accented Korean left Lay's lips It was funny Suho thought

 

"Your hair looks like a unicorn" Baekhyun stated giggling while grasping the poor Chinese boy is a strangling hug. "Yixing! You are my unicorn friend okay? Let's be friends for a long time okay?" Lay pouted did his hair really look like a unicorn.

 

"Does it really look like a unicorn?" Lay turned to Suho who nervously nodded hoping not to offend his new friend. Lay pouted more but his eyes perked up a minute later

 

"Well...You're name sounds like Bacon!" Lay stuck out his tongue happily as it was Baekhyun’s turn to pout. Suho just watched as the two started play fighting

 

"Hey Suho!" Baekhyun yelled while tackling Yixing "Can Lay come over? He's fun!"

 

Suho nodded and smiled shyly while Yixing turned a very attractive shade of pink.

 

"Thank you Joonmyun Hyung" Lay looked at the ground shyly this time it was Suho’s turn to blush

“It’s no problem”

“Hyung?”

“Hmm yeah?”

“You look like an angel” Lay whispered quietly there was an awkward silence in the room until Baekhyun burst into laughter

“OMO SUHO!!!!! AHAHAHHA HYUNG YOU LOOK LIKE AN ANGEL, ANGEL’S ARE GIRLS. SO YOU LOOK LIKE A GIRL PAHAHAHAH!!” Baekhyun was rolling on the concrete at this point while BOTH the older boys blushed

“Yah!! Bacon you’re such a PABO!” Suho chased his annoying younger friend round until they were both exhausted from running Yixing just stood there poking fun at Baekhyun whenever he ran past screaming that Joonmyun was going to kill him.

They ended up in Suho’s back yard picking lemons off his tree. Suho’s mother sent the trio down the back to give her some peace it so happened the three of them together were quite a loud bunch.

“Blegh, Suho why did you choose to plant a lemon tree out of all the delicious fruit on the planet you choose the sour one” Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut as he took a bite out of the offending fruit.

“Suho didn’t say you had to take a big bite out of it” Lay pointed out seriously

“Hyung, you are supposed to support me on this one! Lemons are YUCKY! UGH where is my Chanyeol he would support me on this” The youngest just whined still taking tiny bites of the lemon, no one knew why.

“Baekhyun Ah, I didn’t plant the lemon tree to eat them just on its own” Joonmyun stated softly glancing at his friend who was currently trying to digest the sour fruit.

Baekhyun looked up his tongue poking out as he tried to take the sour flavour away.

“What are they for then Hyung?” Baekhyun said, well attempted to say as his tongue was hanging out and it just came out as a muffled mess. Despite the language barrier Lay managed to understand

“To make lemonade?” Yixing suggested glancing at Suho to see if he was correct. Suho’s eyes widened in shock.

“Yeah, actually I do, but also I give them to my friend Kyungsoo’s mum and she bakes these really yummy cakes” Suho shrugged “So yeah Baekhyun YOU DON’T EAT LEMONS ON THEIR OWN!”

“I want Chanyeollie; he needs to help me get back at you two!” Baekhyun whined while tossing the lemon away.

“Chanyeol seems weird” Lay commented and Suho rolled his eyes

“He is weird, just like Baekhyun Ah, those two are best friends” The oldest explained while trying to stop Baekhyun tackling him

“Oh” was all Lay said before they all heard Suho’s mum shouting at the three boys

“Come down for tea Joonmyun and Baekhyun, Yixing! You can stay too if you’d like!” Suho’s mother called from the deck before going back inside to set the table

“Lay? Do you wanna stay?” Joonmyun asked curiously at his new friend who seemed to be thinking hard

“I think I want to stay” Lay concluded

“Come one then! RACE YOU THERE!” Baekhyun yelled running off towards the back door

“YAH! BAEKHYUN YOU CHEATER!” Joonmyun ran after. Grabbing Lay’s wrist as he ran.

I think I like Korea, Yixing thought as he followed after his new friend.

AUTHORS NOTE!

Okay so I decided to do it by skipping and then not skipping some years but you know its all quite confusing right this minute! I hope once the story progresses you'll catch on but really there isn't much of a pattern years but adding months in that year that mean something to the group ^^ (not just SULAY! but there will be heaps of SuLay moments within the chapters that aren't based on them but yeah... I talk to much anyway I hope I lived up to your guy's standards! I tried really hard to make them sound young and innocent and seven years old but I don't remember what it's like to be seven so this is a lot of improv and a tinge of experience! SO ENJOY GUYS CHAPTER ONE IS UP!