Year 4- August

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Day two

They were sitting in a circle in the grass, morning sun shining down on their heads. The chirping of birds and the chatter and laughter of the boys could be heard through the forest, bouncing off the trees.

“Hyung can you pass the milk?” Baekhyun asked Suho as he popped a cornflake in this mouth.

“Sure here you go” Suho passed the carton of milk over to his friend who was devouring cornflakes one by one.

“Today looks like a really nice day, we should go swimming!” Chanyeol smiled bringing his hands up to test the humidity, luckily it was a dry heat the afternoon will be warm.

“NO! I am not ever going near that river again” Chen crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes.

“Well, we could head up further to the swimming hole” Jongin said through munching his cereal spraying Baekhyun with crumbs, the older just glared.

“Is there a strong current up there?” Minseok asked, he too was wary of the strong current of the river.

“Kyungsoo? Is it?” Jongin shrugged he couldn’t remember although the last time he went with Kyungsoo he couldn’t remember there being a current, Jongin hardly knew what a current was.

“Don’t worry, it’s not strong enough to drag you up stream, it’s pretty shallow too, Chen will be fine” Kyungsoo smiled encouragingly.

“Come on Jongdae Ah, you’ll be fine okay? I’ll be with you okay?” Xiumin smiled at his dongsaeng who was timidly looking down at his cereal, it was unusual for Chen to be this… Shy.

“Okay Hyung, I’ll go with you”

The two shared a warm moment with each other, until it was interrupted by an outcry from Luhan.

“Sehunnie! Why do you always steal my food!” Luhan whined after Sehun had just taken a spoonful of Luhan’s cereal.

“Hyung your food just tastes much better”

Luhan just pouted.

----

Day three

Kris decided that they all needed some exercise and dragged the twelve of them on a walk, there were plenty of walking tracks near Kyungsoo and Kai’s houses, Kris just had to choose the one that was straight uphill for three hours.

“We might as well of gone on a bloody tramp” Jongin grumbled when they stopped for a bit in the shade, Luhan had the camcorder out again so far it had captured Baekhyun falling on his , Kyungsoo walking into a tree and it even got Chen holding Xiumin’s hand which was a lot for Chen, he wasn’t really the PDA type, not that they were even a couple anyway.

“Come on Jongin it’s not that bad!” Tao jumped up energetic compared to the rest of them, even Kris seemed a bit worn out.

“Easy for you to say! I bet it’s all that wushu that makes you so fit” Jongin moaned kicking a pebble as the group started walking again.

“The summit isn’t even that faraway” Kris added

“It bloody should be! We’ve been walking for hours and my hurts!” Baekhyun whined holding Chanyeol’s arm so that the younger one could pull him up the hill.

“Baekhyunnie, it’s only twelve in the afternoon” Tao sang as he practically ran up the hill.

“I should take up wushu, if it means I can bound up these walks” Minseok laughed weakly, he wasn’t that fit truth be told his worst subject was indeed gym.

By the time they got back to the camping site it was six in the evening, Kyungsoo and Jongin went to get some firewood.

“Hyung, why do you always call me Jongin? It’s not my name” Kai asked as they were picking up random pieces of wood.

“Because it is your name”

“No but I like Kai more! And now everyone is starting to call me Jongin” Kai pouted

“Yeah but Kai is some name you made up, I call you Jongin because that’s your name, you’ve never bothered me about it before.

“I guess” Kai muttered, it seemed all those memories of him and Kyungsoo had simply left the older’s mind after the promise to be normal best friends they made to each other, they had been nothing but. But Kai still remembers the taste of his first kiss, he lost it to Kyungsoo, he’d thought nothing of it at the time but Kyungsoo was starting to chisel his way into Jongin’s heart, deeper and deeper.

How could he just forget?

----

Day four

“Oh Sehun… Wake up” Luhan cooed waving the video camera in front of his poor best friends face the younger had done nothing but swat at the camera a few times half asleep.

“Hyung, it’s still dark! What are you doing up!” Sehun hissed pulling his sleeping bag over his head to get away from the annoying flash of the camera.

“Shh! Don’t wake the others up it’s morning though!”

Sehun rolled his eyes under the covers

“Five can barely be considered morning”

“Yeah whatever I have an idea”

“It better be brilliant since you woke me up this early”

“Well… “

“Go on”

“I think we should film the others in their sleep! It could be funny!”

“How so?” Sehun asked clearly no amused

“I dunno now are you coming or not!?” 

“Yeah okay since I’m awake now I might as well, but Hyung didn’t you know it’s creepy to watch people when their sleeping?”

Luhan shrugged “I watch you sleep”

“You are so weird and that is slightly creepy… But were being creepy right now so…”

“Yeah whatever now shhh, let’s go see Suho and Lay first”

The two slowly edged their way out into the cold morning air and headed towards their friends fly. Joonmyun and Yixing were sleeping soundly, Suho had his head curled into Lay’s shoulder. It fit perfectly Luhan observed as he filmed the sleeping duo.

“Well, that’s one for our reunion in fifty years” Sehun chuckled as they left quietly not wanting to disturb the peaceful look on Suho’s face.

That expression didn’t last much longer Suho mused as he left on his way to work, Yixing was left at the apartment, in a way Suho was glad for the separation, in some ways he wasn’t. Victoria ruined everything, she ruined me, she ruined us and now she ruined you. I didn’t hate her, but now I’m not so sure…

----

Day five

The day they packed up and went home, the camera on once again as Luhan bounded round filming everyone, from Kris hitting his head on a tree, too Yixing spilling milk on his top, but most of all it caught all of their happiness on camera, too be stored safely not too be found for many, many years to come. Little did they know, this was the last of their carefree times, their childhood coming to an end, hormones will take over, stress, exams the uncertainty of the future. They can only hope that their friendship will live on, into the dark depths of high school.

Suho sighed it was three in the afternoon and they had just said goodbye to Kyungsoo and Jongin whose relationship seemed to have recovered after the trip, Suho felt he learnt a lot about himself and his friends during their time at that field he could only hope that it would become a special place to their group so they could continue to learn. He leaned his head back into Lay’s shoulder as the car entered the freeway.

We need to find ourselves again Yixing, I need to learn again, we all do.

A/N

WOOHOO! So I shortened it to drabbles and certain events of that particular day! NOW I CAN FINALLY MOVE ON! (: This is where the angst comes guys… *tear *

There still will be the fluffy Sulay moments ceept… their a bit weird… It’s all a bit weird…

Anyway enjoy guys!  I hope this is coming along to your liking! Feel free to make any suggestions of what you would like to happen to any of the couples at any time!!

THANKYOU! <3

I love you all, you’re all amazing!

yeah I know... It's kinda short... -.-