Read previous chapter 1st!

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

 

Bonus chapter
~~ Xiuchen/Suchen 
 
Set around Uni first year- before Youngdae, before Victoria
 
They're anniversary was in spring, March 25th to be exact, spring was a time where the rain fell, where the flowers bloomed- it was also Joonmyun's favourite season. Jongdae noted this fact down during breakfast- Joonmyun was his dorm mate and that very morning Joonmyun had been jumping with excitement over the fact he and Yixing were going out to the woods that day- Jongdae just rolled his eyes shovelling a spoonful of cereal into his mouth while flipping the next page of his law textbook. 
 
"Jongdae, how did you ask Min out anyway? It was like you just showed up at school holding hands and that was that" Joonmyun asked curiously while refilling Jongdae's coffee cup-black-just the way he liked it.
 
Jongdae stared thoughtfully into his now empty cereal bowl, now just slightly discoloured milk and a few soggy flakes here or there.
 
"Well, it's a simple story really- there was no great public declaration of love or anything close to that" He paused for a moment, as if wondering whether it was a 'wise' idea to let Joonmyun into his mind, because it's known for a fact that Kim Jongdae was never an emotional person, he rarely let anyone in and rarely let anyone out either; but in the end he ultimately decided he may as well continue. "I have always considered our relationship as more demure and subtle you know? It's not all butterflies and rainbows, it's a kind of love that comes softly- with incredible warmth that I can't even fathom but its so comforting and makes me feel fuzzy inside; you know love doesn't happen overnight- well not ours at least, sometimes I can't believe we've lasted this long already I think I want to spend my entire life with him" 
 
"What do you know, there's actually a cute person under all that snark" Joonmyun smiles softly "Good for you Kim Jongdae" 
 
Jongdae snorts but doesn't say anything because he knows that under Joonmyun's smile is a soft and subtle sadness, the kind that comes from unrequited love. 
 
"Make sure you stay with Yixing hyung tonight, and don't get drunk again okay? Not tonight I won't be home... Till most probably tomorrow morning" 
 
"Don't worry about me"
 
"Hyung, I worry about you day in day out you remember that time I came home one morning to find you vomiting your guts out over the toilet bowl, hyung I don't say it much and I know I'm no Baekhyun but really I care about you- a lot- we all do, and I wish I could do more" 
 
"I'll have Yixing stay over, it's okay, he doesn't let me near alcohol now anyway" 
 
"With good reason, I'm not going to try understand how painful it is when someone you love doesn't love you back but I can imagine the pain of it- but you know Yixing cares more than you think- he's just a little... Slow, and dumb and I have a longer list but I really need to get ready because I need to to pick up Minmin soon" 
 
"Wait- Jongdae, you never told me the story" Joonmyun called after Jongdae half heartedly because Jongdae was already rushing to find a 'clean' shirt to wear- not that Minseok ever minded. 
 
"Later I promise, tomorrow, promise, keys, wallet-" 
 
"Phone?" 
 
"Yes, goddamit yes- if you are dying or drowning, do not call me, kidding call me but only if you are about to die, or have an aneurysm- which results in death" 
 
"It's only the morning Jongdae, I think I can cope" 
 
"I don't think so mister, I'm calling Sehun and Luhan to babysit you until Yixing comes to pick you up, or whatever" 
 
Joonmyun groans "really? Why? Why them?" 
 
"Well it's them or it's Kyungsoo trying to shove food down your throat while Jongin glares at you or it's Baekhyun and Chanyeol arguing all day, or it's Kris whose like a vegetable because Tao..." 
 
"Okay, okay- maybe I'll go visit Tao with them" 
 
"You went last night, and you stayed out so late I was worried" 
 
"Jongdae, you're late" 
 
", , balls, gotta run" 
 
"Remember your promise!" 
 
"Only if you remind me!" Jongdae shouts back halfway out the door but pausing just before he closes the door "Hyung?" 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
"Take care, I love you" 
 
----
 
Joonmyun doesn't remind Jongdae the next day, and Jongdae forgets entirely, it's a hectic week of finals and essays written in barely legible writing, it's a hectic week of Kris nursing Tao back to health, it's a hectic week of Baekhyun and Chanyeol got together. 
 
The promise is lost, forgotten. 
 
----
 
"You idiot" Is the first thing Jongdae groans at him when Joonmyun wakes up- he's surrounded by people, and his head hurts, and the realisation of it all comes down like a ton of bricks. 
 
"I know" is all he croaks back, sitting up properly to view his surroundings, Sehun had Luhan sleeping in his lap quietly cooing at the boy, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo hoovered over him cautiously, and well he heard obnoxious banging in the kitchen that Joonmyun assumed was Jongin, Chanyeol, Kris and Tao. 
 
"Do you feel okay?" Baekhyun asked gingerly petting his hair 
 
"Yeah just tired, what happened?" 
 
"What happened?" Jongdae echoes and Sehun shoots daggers at him in fear he'd wake up Luhan but Jongdae didn't care "Joonmyun it was his wedding day!" 
 
"Oh" 
 
"Yeah- Oh, and I know she's a but seriously!" 
 
"Why? What did I do?" Joonmyun cowers and Jongdae glares harder 
 
"Forgodsake" 
 
" Jongdae!" Baekhyun snaps "give him a ing break, stop yelling at him like he's a ing two year old what the is it going to do for anyone?" 
 
"He needs to realise what he's doing!" Jongdae screams back "s sake we all know it, you especially stop babying him, stop protecting him ! How else is he supposed to learn!" 
 
"Guys" Joonmyun groaned at his screaming friends "I'm like right here" 
 
"Shut up" Jongdae says through his teeth while glaring at Baekhyun 
 
"No you shut up!" Baekhyun shouted "stop being so cold to him, he's been so good to all of us and you scream at him like this?" 
 
"You don't understand!" Jongdae snarled before stalking out the door. 
 
Baekhyun turned to glare at Minseok "why the didn't you stop him?" 
 
Minseok stared at Baekhyun calmly "you think I could do anything if I wanted to?" 
 
"If anyone could, you could" 
 
"Yeah but I can't, I never could, he's his own person" Minseok turned to Joonmyun "I'm sorry, I really am, he is too, I can't emphasise how much he cares about you Joonmyun, I'm sure you know where his intentions lie, as should all of you- now excuse me I have to go find him" 
 
"What happened?" Luhan asked groggily opening his eyes turning to look at Sehun "why is everyone so loud?" 
 
"Just go back to sleep" Sehun said softly before turning to Baekhyun "Christ did you have to make such an escapade of it all?" 
 
"Chanyeol's family just passed away, I don't care what anyone thinks of me right now" 
 
Joonmyun looked down, he felt so guilty- everyone was in pain- yet they were here to make sure he was okay. 
 
"I'm really sorry, I feel so terrible, but I really can't remember anything" 
 
"You kissed Yixing" Kris said standing by the doorway "that's all you need to know" 
 
The whole room watched Joonmyun's face turn to horror 
"No" 
 
"Yeah- it's okay though he just thought you were off your face... Like you were but he doesn't know anything"
 
"He should though" Luhan grumbled waking up for a second time "I mean how would you like it if all your friends were hiding secrets from you" 
 
"Luhan" Baekhyun's voice was dripping with venom "everyone keeps secrets round here" 
 
"Don't talk to him like that Baekhyun" Sehun snarled wrapping his arms tighter round Luhan. 
 
"And I hereby announce us officially dysfunctional" Kyungsoo muttered bitterly as he watched Tao observe everything, everyone with wide innocent eyes. 
 
Except no one was innocent. 
 
---- 
 
Jongdae sat on the sidewalk angrily running his hand through his hair and shouting profanities into the gutter. 
 
"Jongdae" 
 
He stopped immediately, he knew that voice. 
 
"Go away" 
 
"Jongdae" Minseok tried again sitting down on the side walk with him 
 
"I just wish he wasn't such an idiot you know? He's so ing masochistic he makes us all feel like committing suicide for fun, like why would he do that to himself? Does he think it's fun for us to watch him suffer? Does he think we can't ing notice? Does he think we're all ing blind?" 
 
"I know" Minseok sighs "I know what you mean and I understand but they don't, Baekhyun isn't like that, and you know that, and you also know what you need to do"
 
"Apologise" Jongdae frowned 
 
"Hey no frowning here, you'll get wrinkles" Minseok laughs pinching his boyfriends cheeks "come on get your in there" 
 
"Not without a kiss" 
 
----
 
Baekhyun glared at him when he came in, it was to be expected. 
 
"Baek" 
 
"What" he snapped "come to yell at us some more?" 
 
Jongdae clenched his teeth "look get over it, I shout a lot but only because I care, you think I like that he's wasting away? You think I'm happy he's like this? Yelling just makes me feel I'm changing something but really you're right, it's not helping but that's not to say you're doing any better, so I'm sorry for yelling at him, at you but it's only because I care and that I'm not sorry for" 
 
Baekhyun softened at that but still fuming quietly with anger  "you're loud, obnoxious, annoying and you shout to much"
 
"Baekhyun" Jongdae whispered so only the two of them could hear "it's okay to let your pain show, do not hold it in, it'll be the death of you" 
 
"I have to be strong for Chanyeol" 
 
Jongdae nodded "showing pain doesn't mean you're weak Baek" before leaving and going into Suho's bedroom.
 
"Get out" Sehun snarled as soon as he walked in "Get out, get out, get out" 
 
"Sehun" Luhan chanted softly "It's okay, look see? Jongdae won't shout anymore right?" Luhan glared at Jongdae sharply and Jongdae could only nod he was so intimidated which was rare- Jongdae hardly ever got intimidated and by Luhan of all people.
 
"C'mon Sehun- lets go see the others for a bit" 
 
Jongdae ignored Sehun's scowl as the couple exited the room and waited till the door shut before beginning. 
 
"You're still an idiot- you know that right?"
 
"Yes" Joonmyun sighed "Kris and Luhan have already been over this" 
 
"And I'm going to do it again to get it into your thick skull, because obviously you're a slow learner" 
 
"Please don't burst my eardrums" 
 
"I would never" Jongdae says with mock hurt "Just please Joonmyun look after yourself, you're out of control, I'm worried, we all are" 
 
"I know and I feel bad because I don't want people to worry about me, I really don't and I mean I'm fine about Yixing and Victoria I just sometimes I lose it and I just breakdown" 
 
"Don't we all" Jongdae sits at the foot of Joonmyun's bed "let me tell you a story- it's long overdue" 
 
"What? Am I like five?" Joonmyun laughed and Jongdae rolled his eyes 
 
"More like two, no I promised I'd tell you this like last year- or even the year before I dunno but it's the story of how the great middle school aged Kim Jongdae asked Minmin out" 
 
"That was when I was lovesick" Joonmyun chuckled at the memory 
 
"Yeah and by the book- you still are" 
 
"Yeah, I am" 
 
"Well anyway this story starts with the classical boy saves boy scenario and I was mistakingly cast as the save-e and not the saver" 
 
"You mean that time you almost drowned" 
 
"Hydrophobia is real people" 
 
"You're over it now though" 
 
"Because I'm a finely built 22 year old male"
 
"Only because Minseok made you take swimming lessons in eighth grade" 
 
"Whatever, I'm not scared of water anymore, moving on" Jongdae sighed rolling his eyes a little "Minseok saved me, in more ways than one, you know he was always there to put up with me- even when I was being a snarky , even when I was scared, hell even when I yell my ring out at you" Jongdae chuckled "Ever since that day by the river I looked up to Min, how he dealt with Kyungsoo, how he risked his own life to save me you know? He's just that kind of person, so selfless and loving you know I was drawn to him- attached even" Jongdae paused thoughtfully "I think I always keep people at a distance, they let me in but I don't let them in and I thinks that's why I don't see eye to eye with Baek sometimes or more rather we have the same opinion but deal with it in different ways, but Minseok was different, he wormed his way in, I never wanted him to but he found his way in anyway and he found the real me, I guess it's really true when I say he knows me better than anyone and you know I love him, I loved him then and I love him now, hyung I'm going to love him till the day I die, and in my next life and all the lives after that, hyung I'm going to love him forever" 
 
"I know you will" Joonmyun chocked "just like I'll love Yixing forever"
 
"Hyung I asked Minseok out all those years ago to purposely avoid your situation"
 
"Yixing was- is straight though" 
 
"But at least you wouldn't be carrying a burden" Jongdae looked at Joonmyun "Hyung, you're one of the best people I know, and I know you don't deserve this misery, and I  am determined to make you smile- all of us are and I'm sorry for yelling, I just I can't bear to see you like this- not when we both know you can shine brighter than a million stars" 
 
Joonmyun was speechless and Jongdae just smiled "I'll let you sleep now hyung, take care, I love you" 
 
---- 
 
When he exited the door he was faced with an angry Baekhyun a pissed off Sehun a slightly less pissed off Luhan and a understanding Kris
 
"Baek to be honest, if I had it my way I would of yelled too" Kris voiced his opinion while feeding Tao left over wedding cake 
 
Jongdae turned to Sehun "I know you're pissed off because I woke Luhan up" he raised an eyebrow 
 
"Yeah and?" Sehun snapped "Luhan looked after Suho all night, he's exhausted stop yelling all the time" 
 
"Ugh I thought you knew, I can't stop it's who I am, I'd yell at all of you if you were being stupid it's not like I'm singling him out" 
 
"Its okay Jongdae" Luhan sighed "we know it's just sometimes it's over the top" 
 
"Baekhyun is too though" Jongin said casually, ignoring the glares thrown at him by a certain Byun Baekhyun "it's like same charges can attract or repel... And you guys repel" 
 
"I wouldn't say repel" Kyungsoo said soothingly petting Jongin's hair "Or if you do it's only when you have conflicting opinions" 
 
"Guys shut up" Minseok sighed "So Jongdae may of gone a little over the top, so maybe he could have turned it down an octave, but guys, we're talking about Kim Jongdae, the Jongdae that tricked me into drinking toilet water in fifth grade, the Jongdae who caught Luhan and Sehun doing the dirty in the car and took pictures to blackmail them, the Jongdae who loves green gummy bears, the Jongdae who stands his ground" Minseok paused to glance over at Jongdae who was gaping at him speechless- usually Minseok stayed well out of the dramas in their friendship, and let Chen make and resolve his own mistakes- but not this time "Look, I know Jongdae better than his own mother does and yeah he's a douche bag sometimes- who isn't, he makes mistakes, he's only human- we all are, especially you Sehun, he yells because he cares" 
 
There was a long silence after that, minds deliberating, hearts opening up, even within years of friendship- how could they of become so distant? 
 
Luhan gave in first "You're right, Jongdae you inconsiderate brat, you sure have a weird way of showing your affection, I think we've been growing distant lately, a lot has happened and I think now is the time we need each other the most" 
 
"I'm still mad you woke up Luhan" Sehun grumbled pulling Jongdae into a hug "but you're heart makes up for it"
 
"From now on we don't go on alone, all of us- including Yixing, but we have to help each other, god knows we all need it" Baekhyun said as if offering a truce, because they were both trying to do the right thing. 
 
But the question is- how do you mend a broken heart? 
 
----
A/N :ooo 
So this is a bonus chapter... Half of it, I think the relationship of some of the guys have with Suho in this fic is intriguing to myself so for my own purpose I decided to elaborate on the dysfunctions within the group... They're all have a really strong bond but you know sometimes it's just good to have a couple of dysfunctions- it's normal and part of being human! So enjoy :) 
 
So this chapter focuses on the relationship between Suho and Chen. I haven't really elaborated on this throughout the fic but in my eyes as the author I see Jongdae as incredibly protective over Suho and sometimes he has a hard time expressing that properly. So this is Suchen part one! 
 
Other bonus chapters line up 
Subaek 
Seho 
Krisyeol 
LuXing 
ChenXing 
BaekChen 
Minho
TaoBaek
Baeksoo 
KaiChen 
BaekXing 
 
Pick the ones that interest you the most ^^ hehe because I might not get through them all!!