In our eyes

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

 

Double update read previous chapter
 
"YOUNGDAE HANDS AWAY FROM THE FIRE!" Minseok ran around like a headless chicken chasing his son who was toasting marshmallows on the bonfire they set up on the beach. 
 
"Ahh good times" Chen laughed beer in hand.
 
Chanyeol was playing the guitar and Baekhyun was singing along it wasn't surprising that Dara was singing along, musical just like her parents. 
 
"Hey actually I was thinking of quiting my job to teach music" Baekhyun mused pulling Dara onto his lap
 
"What, office work getting to boring for Byun Baek?" Chanyeol winked shoving a marshmallow in his mouth 
 
Baekhyun was about to retort when the loud voice of Luhan interrupted him, the pink haired brat... Make that two pink haired brats. 
 
"HEY KIDS! WE'RE TELLING A STORY IF YOU WANT TO COME" Luhan's cheerful voice sounded from the bank you could see the two heads of bright pink a mile away. 
 
Well at least they'd be able to find them if they got lost. 
 
But the question is... Would they even want to find them? 
 
"What story are they telling?" Jongin asked nibbling on a biscuit 
 
"You know- Peter Pan, it was his favourite book in elementary, and then when he went through his Disney movie faze" Kris said shaking his head, but there was a smile on his face 
 
"Ah yeah, it's about a girl called Wendy who goes to this place where people don't get old" Kyungsoo said somewhat sadly "I watched it with him when Sehun had his little identity crisis" 
 
"Ah yeah he was so scared, it was weird, he was like scared of being too in love" Tao said "He was a mess" 
 
"They both were messes" Suho sighed remembering the nights at Xiumin and Chen's apartment where Luhan would come and cry his eyes out and then the nights Sehun would come with dark circles under his eyes and trembling lips not to mention the angry Xiumin yelling at Sehun for hurting Luhan before he started crying. 
 
"It was two weeks of non stop crying I swear, Sehun was thinking he wasn't good enough to marry Luhan and oh god it was ing annoying" 
 
"Yeah but they're together now- and stronger than ever" Lay said smiling, it was a sad smile, a smile that said 'I wish that was me' 
 
"I'm going for a walk" Suho announced grabing his flask and heading along the beach 
 
"I'll go with him- someone's got to keep an eye on him" 
 
Lay didn't notice the knowing smiles his friends were giving each other as he ran to catch up with his best friend. 
 
"God he's an idiot- worse than you Chanyeol" Kris laughed feeding Tao a square of chocolate 
 
Chanyeol groaned burying his face deeper into Baekhyun's chest 
"Let's please not talk about my worst up in the history of ups" 
 
"Yeah it's lucky you're pretty or I would of kicked you to the curb" Baekhyun teased blowing on Chanyeol's ear 
 
"That tickles Baek" Chanyeol protested yawning mid sentence "Baek I'm tired lets go to bed" 
 
"Okay, Dara is staying the night with Luna right? So Lay will look after her when he comes back right?" 
 
"Yeah yeah just go you love birds" Kris waved a hand 
 
---- 
 
It took him a while to realise that Yixing was following him, when he did he got the fright of his life. 
 
"Did I scare you?" Yixing teased easing into step with Suho 
 
"Course not" Suho smiled "the sea breeze in nice... It's been a long time since I've been in Mokpo" 
 
"It's a magical place" Yixing agreed lightly shoving Suho when he snickered 
 
"I'm sorry" Suho laughed "But that is so something you would say- and think" 
 
"But look Suho, the stars" Yixing said dreamily pulling Suho to lie down in the sand with him looking up at the sky, dusted with the speckled light of the cosmos 
 
"I know" Suho breathed, the cold air making him shiver slightly, his jacket clinging to him. 
 
"See that?" Yixing asked pointing up at a mass of stars in the sky
 
"I see stars" 
 
"No silly! That's cancer- the constellation, it reminds me of you" 
 
"I didn't know you liked stargazing so much" Suho turned to look at Yixing, who in turn looked at him. They stayed like that for a while, searching each others eyes- looking for answers, it was somewhere inbetween looking into each others eyes and the sounds of the waves that their hands became intertwined with each other, sandy hair and all. 
 
They let the lull of the waves send them to sleep, unconsciously drawing closer together. 
 
---- 
 
Suho woke up with a heavy arm across his waist, he yawned turning to see whose arm was around him. 
 
It was then that it dawned on him- they fell asleep on the beach, scrambling panickedly brushing the sand out of his hair 
 
"Yixing!" 
 
"What is it?" Yixing asked groggily rubbing his eyes "were we out here all night?" 
 
"Yes!" 
 
"Oh- that's nice, c'mon lets go see the rock pools before breakfast! The tide is out so it's a good time to do it" 
 
"But Luna?" 
 
"Luna is with Luhan and Sehun- Dara too, I texted Luhan before I left just incase we were late... Which we were" Lay ruffled Suho's hair "rock pools and then pancakes!" He sighed happily pulling Suho up with him "let's go!" 
 
Suho looked up at the sky and saw big white clouds- he wondered 
 
Could they be as beautiful as the stars that shine at night? 
 
---- 
Celebrating EXO's first album! This was a double update so please read the previous chapter!
 
I hope you got the Peter Pan analogy ;) 
Thank you for your patience!