Year 4- August pt 3

18 years of loving you, and the one year it mattered.

Day one cont.

AHHHHH WHY MUST THIS TAKE SO BLOODY LONG RAGES TO SELF -.- anyway day one will be long then they rest will only be smudges and fast and stuff coz I WANNA MOVE ON TO HIGH SCHOOL EXO. ARRRRGGGGHHHH -.-

Kyungsoo sat on a rock tossing pebbles into the water, why were his emotions so up and down lately, he needed to find some piece of mind.

“Heya Hyung” Chen sat down beside him and Kyungsoo squeaked “So what’s up with you and Jongin Ah you guys have been acting weird lately”

Silence

“Like a hot and cold couple”

Silence

“Like a girl on her period?”

Chen sighed at the wide eyed boy sitting beside him Chen crouched down so he was eye level with him.

“Just tell him how you feel Kyungsoo” Chen whispered softly yeah I know surprising that Kyungsoo told the troll about his feelings out of everyone he chose the ing troll.

“He won’t understand you know Jongin” Kyungsoo sniffed trying to keep the tears from falling, it didn’t work and soon Kyungsoo’s water works were and god Chen really didn’t know how to deal with it so he did the only thing he knew, he dragged the Baozi into the mess as well.

“Baozi!” Chen shouted “Oh god MINSEOK PLEASE HELP ME!” Chen wailed he was about to start crying too.

“Jongdae wh- “as soon as Minseok saw the tears glistening down Kyungsoo’s face he knew what was wrong; he bought Kyungsoo into a warm hug Chen felt lonely so he decided to join in too.

“Kyungsoo Ah tell me what’s wrong” Xiumin said softly breaking away from the hug.

“J-o-n-g-i-n a-n-d k-i-s-s-e-d m-e a-n-d n-o-w I-t-h-i-n-k I l-i-k-e h-i-m b-u-t h-e w-i-l-l n-e-v-e-r l-i-k-e m-e b-a-c-k” Kyungsoo managed to stutter through his sobs.

“Oh dear god you fell for that thing” Xiumin made a disgusted face before it softened in understanding, Kyungsoo laughed although it was strained beyond belief.

“I know right” Chen complained.

“Wait you knew before?” Xiumin’s mouth dropped to the floor.

“Please Minmin I’ve known since like… Since like forever”

“God Kyungsoo why’d you tell him first” Xiumin asked eyes still wide with shock.

“Well I dunno he was just there and he listened to me at least”

“See I’m not the troll you think I am… I’m the nice troll”

“You’re still a troll” Xiumin sighed

“Yeah I know, anyways what are we going to do with this crying blob?”

“Kyungsoo what do you want to do?” The oldest male comforted the crying ‘blob’

“I think I’m okay, I’m just going to clean myself up and then go talk to him like normal, he’s too immature to know right now so please be quiet for me?” Kyungsoo looked up at the pair with the saddest most innocent eyes.

“Ah he looks like puss in boots again I’m gonna have to say yes” Chen sighed in defeat.

“Isn’t he adorable” Xiumin cooed as he grabbed Chen’s arm flailing it around

“You sound like my parents” Kyungsoo grumbled “But thanks guys I really love you two okay?” Kyungsoo walked off into the woods.

“Dibs being the Appa” Chen announced

“We’re not actually his parents Chen”

“Well I am talking about an alternate universe where hypothetically we are Kyungsoo’s actual parents and in that Alternate Universe I hypothetically am the father of Do Kyungsoo and you are the mother of Do Kyungsoo”

“You’re an idiot” Minseok sighed “And hypothetically if we were I would never let Kyungsoo go out with Kai”

“I actually agree with you on that one, too bad we are only his Alternate Universe parents therefore we cannot do anything but watch him wither in pain”

“You are so weird, and that also sounds so wrong”

“It’s true though, Kyungsoo is experiencing mental pain”

The two just stood there for a while looking at the spot Kyungsoo was sitting.

“Jongin’s an isn’t he?” Minseok asked

“Yep he even beats me in that area” Chen admitted sadly.

“You’re upset about that?”

“Well the only reason is because I’m a good person unlike that dude over there called Jongin”

“Yah! Jongdae! I bet Kai is a nice person we just have yet to see that side”

“Betting that it won’t happen till like we’re fifty and even then he’ll still have that tinge of inside him”

“Alright, alright let’s just go before you say anything else stupid”

“You know hypothetically if we were Jongin’s parents I bet he wouldn’t be all screwed” Chen concluded looking at Minseok with a proud expression.

“Too bad it’s reality and not your hypothetical scenarios, plus you as a dad would not be good”

“Excuse me Kim Minseok I would be the best Appa ever” Chen’s eyes brightened “Well would you look at that our names are the same! You wouldn’t have to change your name if we got married”

“Ahem that is only ever going to happen in your dreams”

“I’ll force you to marry me”

Xiumin scoffed.

“Chen you can’t just force me to marry you”

“Wanna bet?”

“No…”

“And there we go” Chen smirked “Now come on the others will start missing us soon Chen leaped up from a rock he was crouching on but he lost his balance and grabbed on to Minseok’s arm.

Splash

“CHEN THIS WATER IS ING FREEZING!” Minseok screamed as he surfaced the water gasping for air “Why the hell did you want to take a swim?” The older boy shook his hair and looked around for his friend.

“Chen?” Xiumin was starting to get worried now, Chen wasn’t the best swimmer.

“Minseok!”

Xiumin heard a cry from downstream he swam down there in a hurry.

, the currents pretty strong down here.

“Minseok!”

“Chen where are you? I’m coming!”

Xiumin paddled round the water; gosh it was deep over here he kept searching till he found Chen clinging to a rock for dear life so that the current wouldn’t pull the poor boy even further down the river.

“Chen take my hand” The older reassuringly held his hand out for the younger to grasp on to.

“Minnie, I’m scared” Chen grasped onto the rocks tighter turning his head away from his friend.

“Jongdae, I know but if you just take my hand you’ll be much safer than you are clinging onto that rock, I know you don’t have the upper arm strength for a fact”

“Shu-t-t shu-t up Hyung!” Chen managed to argue and give the older a weak smile before he lost his grip on the rock.

Xiumin moved fast so that he could get to his friend on time.

“MINSEOK!”

Chen felt slightly warm arms around his torso and looked up to see Xiumin dragging him towards the bank.

“You are such a pabo!” Xiumin huffed out of breath from carrying his dongsaeng all that way.

“I know I know I’m sorry, I really am I should of learnt to swim and stuff” Chen whispered quietly

“You know you always bring me into you’re damn business don’t you Jongdae Ah”

This drew a small yet humble smile from the younger whom tilted his head up to see his Hyung shaking his hair dry.

“Because you’re my favourite Hyung” Chen honestly admitted he way to tired and cold to be trolling right now.

“I know” Was all Xiumin said in response.

“C’mon Chen, let’s get back the others will be worried if we don’t get back soon”

The younger just nodded and the two looked at each other for a few precious moments their eyes said everything that needed to be said.

Thank you for saving me

The two emerged back at camp soaking and drained, the sun was well on its way to setting.

“God, what happened to you two?” Jongin asked his face twisting into confusion

“We fell into the river” Chen sighed still soaking and holding onto his Hyung.

“OMO CHEN ARE YOU OKAY?” Kyungsoo pushed past Kai and shook Chen in his tiny hands eyes as wide as saucers.

“Ne, Minmin was with me” The troll looked at his soaked shoes, Xiumin tugged at Chen’s hand.

“Jongdae Ah? Do you have a spare change of clothes?”

The younger nodded shyly still embarrassed by his inability to swim well.

“Come on then, we’ll go change while Jongin makes a fire for us to cook dinner arraso?”

“Oh of course he automatically gives me the responsibility” Jongin scoffed but then dusted himself off and shrugged “Well you know… If you smell smoke… It means I failed”

“You’re such an idiot, Come on Chen you’ll catch a cold”

Surprisingly Jongin actually made an acceptable fire, the cocky boy stood proudly as the others just gaped in amazement.

“Didn’t think I could do it did you?” the boy smirked.

Kyungsoo just looked down and went to sit next to Chen and Xiumin, Xiumin didn’t miss the look of sadness depicted on Jongin’s face, even if it was just for a split second.

“C’mon Hyung’s your resident maknae is getting hungry!” Sehun clutched his stomach dramatically Chen chucked him a packet or pasta and shouted.

“Make it yourself Maknae! That’s for both you and Luhan okay?”

“How the hell am I supposed to cook this crap!?”

Kyungsoo handed him a pot.

“Just add water to it and I’m going to put a gauze mat over the fire to create an even heat, if you actually listen in science class you’d understand; anyway just chuck the stuff and water into the pot and I dunno stir it till it’s soft?”

“Hyung that sounds terribly complicated and stuff”

“Deal with it”

Sehun looked at Kyungsoo shocked, Kyungsoo was never cold to him like that, Kyungsoo was the nice Hyung who adored everyone, who straightened their collars, who picked stray hairs off their sweaters, who made them hot chocolate, where was that Hyung today?

“Kyungsoo I-“

“It’s okay” Kyungsoo sighed gloomily looking up at the skies.

“I’m just in an irritable mood right now okay? I still love you maknae” Kyungsoo managed a wry smile before walking off to his seat in the middle of Chen and Minseok who were surprisingly not arguing at all; that was something incredibly special.

Then again Chen was pretty drained from the lake episode.

Lay sat looking at his and Suho’s pasta packet dumbfounded, what the hell is this stuff he thought giving the pasta an offending stare he didn’t notice when Suho walked up to him, pot in hand. The younger of the two looked up only to scream in fear.

“OMO HYUNG! YOU SCARED ME!”

“Hmm? Why?” Suho looked at him weirdly holding the pot in his hands.

“I- I dunno, I really don’t know, maybe the way you were holding the pot in such a way I thought you were going to bash me” Lay grinned sheepishly touching the nape of his neck with his hand.

“Me bash you?” Suho looked at him sadly “Yixing Ah you know I wouldn’t do that”

“Oh- yeah course I know it just looked scary”

“Okay I wouldn’t hurt you on purpose you pabo! Anyway why were you giving the pasta the evils…? It was kinda weird”

“I’ve never had instant macaroni and cheese…”

“It’s not that great but hey it’s food right?”

“Yeah I guess that’s true” Lay smiled

After dinner, which included Luhan and Sehun feeding each other and cooing disgustingly sweet phrases at each other, Kai and Chen starting a food fight between the two, Lay thoroughly hating pasta proving Suho’s statement right the twelve were sitting around the campfire it was ten already and they had already eaten all the marshmallows everyone was just chatting amongst themselves Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Chen in one Kai, Luhan and Sehun in another. Kris and Tao had already said goodnight because Tao was falling asleep and Kris had to carry him to bed. Baekhyun, Suho, Lay and Chanyeol were also talking.

“Hey what’s up with Kai and Kyungsoo…” Baekhyun asked eying Jongin closely, it was strange them two being in a fight.

“Yeah I know and Kyungsoo’s become attached to Min and Chen” Chanyeol commented popping a piece of chocolate into his mouth.

“As if you need any more chocolate” Lay said wryly

“Shut up hyung! Anyway what do you think about them” Chanyeol said although it was a bit muffled through.

“Chanyeol it’s gross to eat with your mouth open, but I guess it’s a little weird I mean they’ve always been really close and now all of a sudden it’s awkward I can feel it from here, hell I could probably feel it from Antarctica” Lay finally answered the question that Chanyeol had wanted the answer to in the first place.

“I know right!” Baekhyun mumbled through his cookie unfortunately spraying Suho in the face with crumbs.

“That is so unhygienic Baek” Suho made a face of distaste.

“Stop being a girl Joonmyun! Oh yeah what do you think of the situation gramps?”

Suho crinkled his face up at the unusual nickname Baekhyun had just called him.

“Um I don’t know?”

“That’s not a very thought out answer Hyung”

“Yah! Bacon stop giving Suho a hard time! He just doesn’t like gossiping unlike you” Lay pointed an accusing finger at Baekhyun.

“What!? You were doing it too! So was Chanyeol!”

“Oh you did not just bring me into this” Chanyeol shoved his short friend.

“Yeah I did! Anyway Chanyeollie I’m tired now!! Let’s go to sleep now okay?” The younger dragged his tall awkward friend through the bushes towards their fly it was a shame Chanyeol wasn’t as short as his friend because all the tree branches were whacking his face.

“Yah Byun Baekhyun! I am trying to preserve my face thanks”

“Stop being such a girl!”

“I should be telling you the same thing”

“Just shut up and go to sleep!”

Lay and Suho just stared after their two friends who were still arguing with each other in the depths of the bush.

Suho chuckled at them watching the space the noise was coming from endearingly.

“Wow you kinda are like their dad”

Suho pouted “Hey just cause I have to keep them in line, if I didn’t who knows what would happen”

“That’s not really your responsibility Hyung” Lay reminded him softly

“It is, I’m like their brother, well we’re all like brothers but I dunno I’ve know those two longer than anyone, I feel responsible for them”

Lay yawned throwing his hands up in the air “You’re such a good person Hyung I have no idea how you put up with Bacon and Yeol”

“Hey, are you tired?” Suho put his arm around the younger “Yeah I know I’m amazing for putting up with Baek and Yeol”

Lay chuckled to himself

“Hey what’s so funny?” Suho have his friend a light punch on the shoulder

“Their names sound like Bacon and Eggs!”

“I guess that is pretty funny, but Lay Ah I think you’re going a bit funny in the head let’s go to bed okay?”

Suho let go and started to stand up, he dusted himself off and held a hand out to help Lay up but when he turned around the poor boy was already asleep looking uncomfortably slumped against the log they were leaning against. Suho sighed before trying his hardest to lift the younger up; as embarrassing as it was Suho didn’t have that much power in his arms.

“Jongin Ah can you help me take Lay to bed?” Suho walked up to Kai who was with Sehun and Luhan and was also being utterly ignored.

“Yeah sure, it’s better than watching these two” Jongin stood up and followed Suho to where Lay had passed out.

“Doesn’t he look so cute when he’s sleeping” Suho whispered as they both lifted the Chinese male up.

“Hyung it’s creepy to watch people when they sleep, and no he’s not that cute”

“Bah Jongin you just have no taste in cute things, anyway what’s wrong with Kyungsoo Ah?”

The pair sat Lay down and Jongin sighed before sitting down on Suho’s sleeping bag.

“Do you mind?”

“Course not, but tell me what’s wrong please?”

Jongin sighed and toyed with the edge of Suho’s sleeping bag looking down.

“You might hate me” Kai whispered quietly not meeting Suho’s eyes.

“I could never hate my dongsaeng” Suho gave a reassuring smile

“I think I might be gay or bi at least” Jongin confessed squeezing his eyes shut and the blanket in his balled hands.

“Jongin are you sure… I mean you’re only thirteen”

“Believe me; I’ve never felt this way before”

“Bu-“Suho was cut off

“I know, I like to flirt and you know I don’t actually know as much as you guys think I do, I’m not all as twisted as you think”

“Jongin Ah, I never thought you we-“

“Stop lying Hyung, I know”

“Well what bought this on anyway? And what does this have to do with Kyungsoo?”

“That’s what brings me to my next point”

“Which is?”

Kai motioned his hand round vaguely “I think I like Kyungsoo, I’ve never felt like this before, but we’ve done stuff Hyung, it’s not good”

“Then why did you initiate it in the first place” Suho patted Jongin’s back comfortingly

“I don’t even know, I need to say sorry, I need to make things go back to normal, screw my feelings”

“Well you should talk to him for a start”

“Yeah I will do it now, better time than any right Hyung, thanks you’re the best Suho Hyung”

“Yeah, yeah I know I am” Suho chuckled “goodnight Jongin Ah, good luck”

“Night Hyung”

Kai ran back towards the now dim fire, where Xiumin, Chen and Kyungsoo remained; lover boys must have gone back to their nest. He slowly approached the group.

“Hey” He said rather nervously he kept placing his hand on his head.

“Hi” Kyungsoo replied curtly

Silence

“Well would you look at the time…” Chen yawned “Min, I’m ready to go to bed I’m sleepy”

“Since when did you call him Min?”

“Since now, seeya tomorrow my lovely people” Chen grabbed his Baozi and skipped towards their fly, Jongin didn’t miss the wink Xiumin threw at him.

“So, we need to talk” Jongin turned to Kyungsoo

“What if I don’t want to talk to you” Kyungsoo hissed standing up and attempting to flee.

But Jongin caught him, his tight hold resisting against Kyungsoo’s feeble attempts at whacking him eventually Kyungsoo just gave up and broke down in his dongsaeng’s arms.

“Hyung, I just want us to go back to normal okay? Let’s be best friends again, let’s pretend it didn’t happen, I just want my friend back” Kai whispered soothingly rubbing Kyungsoo’s back with his thumb.

“You’re such a pabo” Kyungsoo cried hitting his friend again.

“C’mon Hyung, I’m being serious no joking this time okay?”

“Prom- Promise me we wi-will” The older stuttered

“I swear on my life Hyung, I’ll be normal for you, well I’ll try at least I mean I can’t promise you too much, it’s me after all” Jongin gave a sheepish smile earning a laugh from his Hyung that gave him a warm feeling in his heart.

Suho sighed in relief as he heard his friends laughing again like usual, he heard the occasional ‘you’re such an idiot!’ but he was glad the two were on speaking terms he sighed and snuggled closer to Lay he sighed happily before drifting off into a dream of angels, unicorns and rainbows.

I don’t dream of unicorns anymore, Suho thought after Lay had asked him how his sleep was, he remembered the day Chen almost drowned in the river, he remembered how Kai confessed his feelings for Kyungsoo but gave them up, buried them in attempt to make things right. Suho looked at his coffee cup memories of middle school going in and out of his head, Yixing was in the shower, that gave some time for me to think. Kyungsoo and Jongin are happier than ever now, fixing things may have been the smartest move that Jongin had ever made. I wish it were the same for me.

A/N

Again I’m so sorry -.- I have this feeling I’m letting you guys down, thank you for all your support and everything I really appreciate it! I am trying desperately to add more Taoris into the picture, this chapter was very Kaisoo and Xiuchen heavy sorry I kinda diverted from Sulay guys! -.- I love you all so much and I’m so honestly sorry if this is lacking, just tell me and I will try to improve it ne?

OMG KAISOO ASDSDJFDKSJDJ WTF IS WRONG WITH ME FIRST I JUST STARTED WRITING AND THEN IT TURNED ALL ED SO I TRIED TO MAKE IT NORMAL, its still ed up *sighs* it will probably just go all ed again (Ha already is)

THANKYOU ALL ILOVEYOU GUYS SO MUCH! <3