alive

BY FATE

 

“M-mi Young…” a blinding light covered his eyes as he tried to open them despite the heaviness of his eyelids. His body was in a total mess and his head felt like it will be cut in half. It was excruciating but he needed to open his eyes and see someone. “Mi… Young.” he repeated in a hoarse voice and dry throat. The oxygen apparatus attached to his nose was making it more difficult to talk.

He slowly scanned the room for any sign of life but there was nothing. His vision began spinning again so he was forced to close his eyes tightly.  His head was pounding so badly. ”M-Mi Young…” he gasped, how he badly needed to see the owner of that name. The last time he saw her was in his house and he can clearly remember that she was pushed down the stairs and that very thought made his heart cringed and balled his fist unknowingly.

He opened his eyes again and that time, the vision was much clearer but the hammering headache was still there. He lifted his fingers with all his might to reach the red button near his bed. It was a very simple movement that cost all his energy. He was panting after successfully hitting that button and in just ten seconds, he could hear feet coming into that room. To his delight, it wasn’t just the nurse; with her were Rei Mi and Yunho.

“Oppa!” Her smiled was so wide and bright that Jaejoong swore he was blinded for a while. He wanted to smile or at least move his lips to acknowledge that warmness his sister gave to him but the attempts were put into vain. He instantly groaned in pain when the pain struck him coming from his lips down to his spine.

“Jae!” Yunho slightly cringed and looked at the nurse who was checking on his vital signs.

“Don’t worry Mr. Jung, Mr. Kim here is badly wounded and it would really take a lot of strength and effort for him to speak but he will eventually, after he gets all the rest he needs.”

It was a breath of fresh air, a very fresh air. He was okay said the nurse but of course, they would have to wait for the doctor to see his real state but as for the moment, Jaejoong was alive and ready to fight.

“Oppa, you don’t need to force yourself. You need all the energy you can get to be back on your feet.” Rei assured as she his hair and the smile never left her face.

“W-what h-happened… to me…?” he slowly stitched his words incoherently but Rei got them all clearly.

She looked away and avoided his gaze and the question itself, not that she didn’t want to answer it but she was avoiding mentioning the name that caused it. She looked at Yunho for support.

The leader nodded and got the message.

“Jae, you were dragged out of the house after you had a confrontation with…” he hesitated for a bit. “…with Ji Won.”

Jaejoong’s breath became uneven when the name was mention but he allowed Yunho to continue.

“She got your car, your favorite one.” Yunho shook his head and slightly chuckled at the memory of the beloved car that was now on a dump site. “She drove madly and crashed to one of the police mobile and you were trapped inside, with her. We couldn’t get you out immediately since you were unconscious. She stabbed you before leaving the house.”

That explained the pain at his side, Jaejoong thought.

“But then again, the heaven was not on her side that time or it was never at her side. We managed to get the both of you out. She’s also badly wounded and… and she’s here at this hospital recovering.” the last few words were spoken with such care, too soft to be audible but then again, because of the silence of the room, Jae heard.

“But Oppa, the police are looking after her and she will be sent into prison the moment the doctor give them the go signal. She’s a few rooms away from you so…” Everyone knew that Ji Won was really dangerous. She can lure the police into her side if she wants too so security cameras were installed at the place too and a dozen law men were looking after everyone’s safety.

“But the car… you cannot use it again.” Yunho added.

Jae ignored everything after hearing what happened. All he could think of was Mi Young and no one else he also wanted to know what happened to her especially to the news he heard before he passed out.

“Wh…Where’s Mi Young?”

Rei and Yunho looked at each other and smiled with a bit of bitterness. They knew that in spite of the good news, there was a huge bad news waiting to be announced and with Jaejoong’s state, no one was sure if he can handle such stress.

“I-I’m here.” All heads turned to the door as the girl rolled the wheels of her chair to get inside. Yunho came to assist her and she was more than thankful to get to Jaejoong’s side as soon as possible. And like a kid deprived of her long lost doll, she held Jaejoong’s hand tightly like it was the most precious thing on earth. Tears rolled as they looked at each other, staring at the face they missed for so long. Mi Young wished that she could touch his face and kissed his lips but the situation didn’t allow her. But her touch told Jaejoong everything. It was more than enough for him to know how she missed him and how she badly wanted to see him again.

Jaejoong squeezed her hand back and a single tear rolled down from his eye. Mi Young looked at him and to Rei worriedly, thinking that something must be wrong or he might be feeling some pain. Rei to his side to wipe it and Yunho said, “Is there something wrong Jae? Tell us where it hurts.” But the guy just shook his head and forced a small smile. 

If they only know, that moment, everything felt so right. It was the first time Jaejoong felt so relieved and free to touch and hold her hand without any fear. They finally unlocked some keys of the past. Not everything but just enough to crush the wall that was enveloping their love for each other. And now, he knew that everything was okay and he can finally shower her all the love he can give without being hunted by the past.

Jaejoong seldom cry because his tears were reserved for some worthy purpose but that day he was destined to shed more that he could afford.

“I…I’m fine…” he sniffed and held Mi Young’s hand tightly, never wanted to let go. “I’m just happy to see you again.” He whispered.

“Me too.” Mi Young smiled back and kissed his hand. “I’ve missed you.”

“I-I’m… I’m s-sorry.”

 Mi Young shook her head and whispered back. “Shhh…. Let’s forget about it okay? Everything. We will start again. Forget about what happened.”

“I- I wish I could …k-kiss you right now.”

And as if on que, Yunho stood and guided and gently lifted Mi Young up so she can reach Jaejoong’s lips. Rei squealed the moment their lips touched and if Jaejoong wasn’t injured, they all knew that they could last forever that way. Both of them were satisfied and happy as their lips parted.

“Awww….” Rei giggled. “That is so sweet.” Yunho just smiled. “Oppa what do you think?”

“I think it’s sweet.”

“Yunjae is so busted.” She joked and earned a slight smacked from Yunho.

“Ah! Oppa!” she whined and rubbed her forehead.

But like what everyone says, everything has come to an end.

“What… what happened to our baby?”

All the squeals and the giggles vanished instantly after they heard Jaejoong’s question. Who wanted to answer it? No one.

 

 

Jaejoong sighed in defeat as another tear fell off his eyes. He never felt so crushed before. All he hoped for was gone. The strength that made him return was taken away from him even before he could lay his hands on that supposed to be tiny little creature.

Mi Young told him what we wanted to know after Rei and Yunho left the room. He wished he didn’t hear the truth but he knew that he will have to face it eventually. To move on, it was out of the question.

“I was supposed to tell you about it when we were in Jeju.” Mi Young looked away, not wanting to see Jaejoong in that state, in tear stained state. She softly tapped her empty stomach as she fought the urge to cry. She was imagining that the baby, the fruit of their love was still inside it but the emptiness she felt made her flew back to reality.

Jaejoong wasn’t speaking or saying anything about what happened but she knew that he was equally devastated.

“I wish I didn’t leave you alone.” Jaejoong uttered softly after a long pause. The silence between them was deafening and chilling but the warmness that emitted from one another was more than enough to keep them sane. “I discovered the truth that day but I want more proof. I want to have a strong proof so no one will bother us anymore. I want our relationship to be better, not the one that was bordering on . I want to feel the security that I can love you freely without being hunted by the past. I wanted it to be perfect and I got more than I could bargain for.”

“Jae…” Mi Young cried and held his hand tightly.

“I was dreaming of having a family. I’ve told you that right?” and the girl could only nod. “I dreamt of you and me and little kids. That could be the first one, the start but I failed.”

“You just want to give me a better life. I understand Jae. If there was a person who was in total doubt, it was me. I was so scared when I found out about the truth. I was scared that you might take it differently from the way I wanted it to be. I hide it. You weren’t aware of it in the first place.” She lightly chuckled as she remembered the moment when it happened. “You were so drunk and I knew perfectly that everything will be just a dream the moment you wake up. And you were still Kiyomi back then.” There was a tint of bitterness on that last statement.

“But you were wrong.” Jaejoong’s answered shocked Mi Young and her jaw dropped a little when she came to digest that words that just came out from his mouth. He chuckled as her reaction, forgetting the hurtful truth even just for a while. “You really think that you are so clever. You thought you hide hiding everything from me huh? Well Mi Young you were so obvious and so many evidences were left.”

(A/N: See Chapter 19, 26 and 27 to see what I’m talking about ^.^)

Her cheeks felt warm and looked away.

“You changed the bed sheets.”

“Huh?” another huge revelation. “H-How…?”

“It’s my room. And Mi Young, I can perfectly remember everything, to the tiniest detail.” He smiled teasingly.

“Jae!” she glared at him.

“Can you join me here?” he requested, tapping his bed. “The bed is so wide and I feel cold.”

Of course Mi Young was more than willing. She pulled her own body and dragged her cased feet as she tried to place her self to Jaejoong’s left side on the bed. She was successful and laid down gently and carefully beside him, trying not to touch his bandaged chest where the stab wound was and few broken ribs.

Mi Young took Jaejoong hands and shifted to his side, burying her face at the crook of his neck, feeling the warmth she longed for, her hand gently feeling his wounded chest.

“I can stay like this forever.” She whispered, totally forgetting about their unborn child. “Jae…”

“Hmm..?”

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong, who was about to close his eyes, snapped them open and frown. “What for?”

“I lost our baby.” Tears were there again but the feeling of security was keeping her on track.

“Don’t be… we can always make another one.” Jaejoong tried to laugh to ease the pain coming out from the pit of his stomach, face turning dangerously pale and not let Mi Young worry. It was all he could do as for the moment. It was no use crying for what they lost since it wouldn’t bring anything back.

“Mi Young…” he whispered painfully afterwards.

“Huh?”  Mi Young carefully stood and left his side to see what was wrong.

“I… I need my medicine.”

“What medicine?”

“They’re at home.” He snapped and arched his back, catching his breath, his hands started to tremble. “Pl-please… the green bottle… beside my … bed.”

“I’ll go get them.”She panicked as she forced her body out of that room. But because of her weak state, every single move became so difficult. She wanted to hurry and get what Jae needed but only to be frustrated because her body wasn’t cooperating well. “Wait…” She squinted her eyes in pain. “I’ll get it.”

But even before she reached the door, Jaejoong suddenly convulsed, his body moved violently, non stop, ripping off all the apparatus connected to his body instantly. His eyes were rolled behind his head and his hand the sheets tightly. Blood started to show from his bandaged wound, making him groan in pain at the same time. It wasn’t a sight to behold and anyone may have a heart attack once they see the state Jaejoong was currently in.

“Jae!” She was in full panic mode. The once peaceful talk evolved into one scary moment. What made it more frustrating was that she was in the middle of the room, too far from the alert button and way far from the door.

The machine went berserk and after a while, the wild convulsion of Jaejoong’s body stopped. The room suddenly went into a deafening silence. And after a while, a morbid sound was heard. Mi Young’s eyes instantly landed on the heartbeat machine.

 It was flat.

 

 

 

*****************************************

Last few chapters and I will post the 4th sequel this month. I already wrote the foreword so it’s ready to be posted by my connection is hitting me hard so please have more patience. ^.^

Again… I apologize for Jaejoong’s wake scene… but I got you there… bwahaha… *chokes*

Unedited…

Please ignore all errors.. it will be edited soon… ^^

 

Replies:

@Alzina hi there chinggu.. long time no talk? My internet connection is B*tching on me ! End is coming near 2 chapters perhaps and then Yunho time ^^

@koreankendi I have questions to ask…. Soon ^.^

@loveforever  it’s about time for MI Young fight back right? Love can really unleashed the monster within someone… scary and amusing at the same time.

@mydream501 you know, I was kinda skeptical about that line. For me it sounded erted but I add it anyway… readers has different interpretation so it’s up to them ^^

@nataleyoung haha… Scary Mi Young right…. I have planned something painful for Ji Won, something that she totally deserves.

@chunnie-ah death threats? Oh yeah… lots of them. I had begged for my dear life for countless of time and I think I will do it again for this chapter ^^

@candyandreas too much? Mianhe… I was juts really tempted to see how the funeral chapter will turned out… and it turned out to be…. Scary….. believe me.. I had a hard time writhing it.

@HurricaneVenusx3 he’s going to be okay…. Haha.. well not in this chapter but he will….

@mieyLa we need to talk.. as in seriously.

@ChiNGlUVSU sorry… ^^ The author was insane….

@xtinamaria sorry… *bows* sorry.. really… I beg for me dear life… please spare it

@rheukkie      It wasn’t my intention to trick the readers.. mianhe… I just need to write that wake scene… the urge was too overwhelming to ignore ;p

@butterfly555 Unnie… comment more.. I miss you…

@whitechristmas I can’t kill Jae.. I love him too much.. ^^