Hearing out

BY FATE

 

 

 


Happiness was drawn on Kiyomi’s face, fret on Ji Won and confusion on Mi Young. The wall that she had been building caved in at his words. He believed Ji Won but still, she had to face Jaejoong’s fury. No love can be seen in his eyes and she was let with nothing to do but to cry.

The model immediately hugged the unresponsive Jaejoong and the scene killed Mi Young. It was like her heart was stabbed by millions of knives and left on the floor destroyed.  He let her hug him. Those promise that she heard on the television and from Jaejoong himself was forgotten. But who can she blame? No one. She knew how evil her sister was and her move was unexpected. She chose to remain quiet but the scene in front of her was just too painful to see so she looked at him straight in the eyes and sent her pain into him.  She had to do it. She had to pay the price of her sister’s ambition. Like Cinderella, the clock twelve already and she had no choice but to run and go back to her old self. But unlike the story, she didn’t need to run away from the prince. She still can be with the prince, the only thing that kept her standing. Jaejoong the prince, who loved a coward like her who knew nothing but to cry finally turned his back. The love they once shared was replaced by hatred and disgust. It all changed by lies coming out from Medusa’s right hand girl. It was painful to accept, too huge to swallow. Will Cassiopeia hate her breaking their prince’s heart? Will they leave her alive?

“I will do what you want.” She whispered sadly. “I will work for you again. Allow me to get my things so I can start serving you.” and turned to face the door. Everyone just stared at her. No one dared to question or stopped her from leaving because it was Jaejoong’s command. No one will go against him to defy his order.

Mi Young finally cried when she reach the gate and let her frail body slide down to it. She was so tired and weary. But the body pain didn’t match the heartbreak she was feeling. Her happiness was short lived. No one will surely trust her again. Not Jaejoong, not even Rei or Saki. She had no one to turn to. But then, the heaven was still on her side for they sent an angel to lend a hand and to give a warm shoulder for her jaded spirit.

“C…Changmin?” The figure was blurry but she was sure. And her faith was confirmed when two strong tender arms caught her before she hit the ground and lose her consciousness.

 

 

 The moment she opened her eyes, she saw nothing but haziness. It took her a long time before her vision cleared and when it did, she found herself in a very unfamiliar place. She’d never been there and all the things that surrounded her were foreign to her sight. She immediately tried to stand and forced her frail body but it was a huge failure. The world started moving again making her dizzy.

“Stop forcing yourself.” A voice behind her said. It was the only familiar thing she had that time. “You fainted and you really need to rest. By your looks, it seems like you haven’t eaten for days.” She couldn’t find the courage to say that she was too stressed out because of what happened.

“Where am I?”

“My room, and don’t worry,” She heard a faint chuckle. “…the door is open in case your boyfriend thinks of something terrible like he always does.” She smiled. But it didn’t reach her eyes, one thing that Changmin didn’t miss. Something was up and he had to know it.

“I better go now. I need to go back or else my boss will surely kill me.” She gave a faint smile but of course, Changmin didn’t buy it. “I will kill Yoochun first before he can do that.” He returned the supposed to be joke but Mi Young answered with a hurtful sigh as she stood and headed to the door. “I’m no longer working for the Parks.” She said, without looking at him. “Huh?” Yunho or even Yoochun didn’t say something about it so it was a complete puzzle. What could be the reason? The Parks love Mi Young to let her go just like that.

“I need to go now.” She slightly bowed but Changmin grabbed her arm gently and turned her to his direction where their eyes met. Something was absolutely wrong and he will find it out from her. “I’m your friend. You can trust me with this one.” He said and it triggered the tears once again. Mi Young hugged her friend so tight that Changmin almost choked but he didn’t care. If crying was the way for her to feel good, he wouldn’t mind offering his everything just for her to feel good once again.

“Jaejoong…” she mumbled in between heavy sobs. “I swear I didn’t do anything… It…it was never planned. I didn’t know that… that he’s famous. My sister is lying. Oppa, I’m not lying. I didn’t know. I promise. Please, you have to believe me.” She pleaded which sent a total confusion tot the guy. “Shhh…” He whispered while caressing her hair softly. “I believe you.” was all he can say.

“Changmin- Oppa.” She cried once again, burying her face into his chest. It was like Jaejoong who never fails to send her into heaven with her hugs. Changmin’s hug was somehow comforting and it successfully made her feel better. “Mi Young, stay here.” It was his turn to plead. “No.” She shook her head. “I have to work. I need to work. Jaejoong will be mad at me if I don’t come back.”

“He can go to hell!” Changmin suddenly yelled, making the girl looked at him in utter disbelief. He was angry. He told Jaejoong that if a single tear drops from her eyes, he will get her back from him and that was the moment. “Stay here. You will not go anywhere. You will not work for anyone you understand me?”

“But…”

But before Changmin can say more, Jaejoong stormed into that place with a great rage. Fury was so evident in his eyes. Mi Young gasped and automatically hides behind Changmin. “Mi Young.” Rei said while trying to reach her hand. Yunho, Yoochun and Rei came with Jaejoong. But the two girls were nowhere in sight. “We’ve been looking for you everywhere.” Her voice was now calm and no sign of anger was felt.

“I…I will go back now… I’m sorry if… if... I disappeared just like that.” Mi Young wiped her tears and headed for the door for the second time. But Changmin stopped her again. “I said you’re not going anywhere.” He said seriously.

“Changmin, listen.” Yunho warned but the maknae just ignored the leader. “No you have to listen to me. She fainted and her body is still weak and I will not allow her to return to his house again.” He pointed at Jaejoong but the latter’s attention was caught by his first statement. She fainted. Why? Was it because of him? Was it because what happened was too much for her to handle? Too many thoughts flooded Jaejoong’s head but none of them was clear.

“I’m okay now Changmin. I have to go back. Thank you.” She bowed and stepped back only to be crushed into Jaejoong’s tight hug.

She was dumbfounded and shocked by his action. “Jae…Joong...” she mumbled but couldn’t bring herself to hug him back. “Let’s go back. You are coming with me.”

“Of course.” She said nonchalantly. “I will go with you. I will work for you again. I need to pay back for what I did.” She felt Jaejoong’s head shook as his hug became tighter. “No…”

“Beat this crap Jaejoong-sshi. You don’t need to be extra nice to me. I will pay everything I did so please stop.” ‘You are hurting me more’. She wanted to add but she didn’t have enough strength to do so. It was Jaejoong’s turn to stagger. Maybe his actions were too much and it drove Mi Young to the edge. “Mi Young I…”

“Remember what I told you before Hyung?” Changmin batted in. “I said one tear and it will be over. So go back because Mi Young is not coming with you.”

“Changmin, you don’t understand. I…”

“I don’t need to understand. Go home Hyung. You’re just wasting your time here.” The two men won’t surely stop and Rei Mi just rolled her eyes. “You two talk and settle you useless bickering while I talk to Mi Young.” She said and Jaejoong smiled a little and Rei didn’t miss it. “Don’t be so sure Oppa. You went too far and it surely hurt Mi Young. I would do the same I was her.” With that, she disappeared from their sight at the same time the smile on his face disappeared.

“We need to talk.” Rei started. They were on the balcony that time and Mi Young was playing on something just to avoid Rei Mi’s eyes.  “I told you. I will do anything you want.” She answered back and earned a sigh from the lady in front of her. “You don’t understand. Oppa did it to protect you.”

“What?” Mi Young frowned. Was doing something ridiculous was the new way of protecting? She was put into shame. Was that another way to protect her? “Jaejoong Oppa did that so those two (Ji Won and Kiyomi) will stop. I won’t go on further details because it’s Oppa’s job to explain everything to you. You just have to listen to him.”

“Now you’re telling me to believe the person who promised to protect me when all else fails, the same person who turned his back first when everything actually did.” She chuckled in utter disappointment. “Am I really that stupid to all of you? You think I will always do what you want me to? I’ve had enough and I don’t want another stress to add up to my worries. He wants me to work for him again, fine. That’s it period. End of story.”

“Mi Young.” Rei Mi looked at her anxiously. For the first time, she doubted her convincing power. Mi Young must be so hurt with what Jaejoong did but everyone knew that it was for her own good. “I’m not asking you to believe him. I just want you to listen and I want to tell you that you have the choice if you still want to work for him or not. You can decide after you hear his side. If you want to return home it’s alright but please don’t leave without hearing him out.”

“Do you believe my sister?” Mi Young asked after a long paused. Somehow, she wanted to know if Rei Mi was still her friend.

“No one did.”

 

 

 

Yunho and Yoochun finally managed to stop the squabbling of the two brothers but it surely used all their stored energy. They were exhausted and laid at the sofa, gasping for air. “You two should attend some anger management program. You almost destroy the whole place.” Yunho hissed at them. “Next time you plan to fight, do it on an arena” Yoochun seconded.

“This is the last Hyung.” Changmin said to Jaejoong, ignoring the Noky brothers. “I’m gonna let this pass but there will be no next time. He was also exhausted from their word fight. “You will never have her.” Jaejoong smirked and smacked the leg of the tall man who was slumped beside him. “Just look for another so you won’t hurt every time you see us together.”The Noky brothers went on stand by once again when they saw what Jaejoong did. Fortunately, Changmin was too tired to return the smack.

 

 

fate.gif

 

Mi Young just stared at the food in front of her. Her facial expression was unreadable and she didn’t even spare a single glance at Jaejoong who used all his effort to make her dinner. “You don’t have to do this. I’m the one who suppose to be doing this.” She was about to stand when Jaejoong nervously took her arm and sat her again. She looked at his hand on her arm and the guy, swallowed hard, removing his soft grip from her at the same time. “Eat. You need to gain your strength back. And I want to tell you that you won’t have to work as my maid again. Mr. Lee called and he said he will return as soon as the cruise ship dock.”

“So there’s no reason for me to stay here.” She said with no emotion showing but deep inside, she was dying. It was the reason why she chose to stay and work for him even if she knew that it will be hell for her. She wanted to be with him but it came from his own mouth so she had no choice. Unknown to her, Jaejoong was feeling the same or even more. Her words were so cold and distant, like it was so easy for her to throw everything they had away. “Am I not enough reason for you to stay?” He said, looking down. “Are you?” she answered back, driving down the nail that was already buried deep in their heart. “Tell me.” His heart sank.

Jaejoong gave her his most hurtful smile, not to gain sympathy but to show the real feeling he was suffering. “I did that for them to stop. They will never leave you alone so that was the first and best thing that came across my mind. And it was successful right? They left you alone. Kiyomi will not bother you again and I won’t allow your sister to come near you in any way.” His voice was barely audible. He was like a baby asking her mom forgiveness for breaking a very expensive base.

“Oh yeah, very successful.” She mocked. “You succeeded on hurting and pushing me away. I was so confident that you will never believe them. I don’t care if the whole world will not believe me Jaejoong. You are the only one I need but you let me down. I was so scared and upset. I didn’t know what to do.”

“I did that to protect you. I know better than to believe the words of your sister. I love you very much and I will not allow anyone to hurt you. I didn’t mean to make you feel that way but it was my only choice for them to stop. I’m sorry.”

She didn’t answer back and it made Jaejoong apprehensive than ever. What was she thinking? He couldn’t even read a single emotion on her face and it was driving him nuts. The food in front of them was long forgotten and no one seemed to notice it. The silence was deafening. They can eve hear their own heavy breaths. No one moved. No one lifted a single finger and Mi Young didn’t look at his pleading boyfriend. If there was a perfect time where she will have to use what was left useful in her brain that was it. She didn’t want to rush thing like she did in the past. Her heart was on the line and one mistake can change everything and can hurt everyone. She heaved a very heavy sigh and stood, leaving Jaejoong staggering for some answers.

“Goodnight.” Was all she said and Jaejoong slammed his head on the table in frustration. It was indeed a very good night.

 

Jaejoong went to his room with so much wait on his shoulder. Mi Young was probably resting now and he was left with the entire burden. It was his own fault and he had nothing to put the blame on. He never knew that his words, his plain attempt to guard her love from her evil sister and a lovesick lady asking for the impossible, would put their love on the line. He massaged his temple for a headache was on its way. He put his hand on his heart to check if it was still beating. It was too painful and heaven knew how he wanted to go to her room and hug her tight. He closed his eyes trying to catch some sleep but the sleep fairy was not on his side. He had a hard time so he just laid there looking at his smooth ceiling and did nothing but think of ways on how to get Mi Young back because at that point, he had no clue on what the future holds for them. Everything was on blur and he couldn’t do anything. 

Two day had fast and the atmosphere between the lovers stayed cold and distant. Jaejoong was trying so hard to get close to Mi Young or at least get her to talk but luck didn’t go to his side. Mi Young did her job as her maid and her voice was not heard after that fateful confrontation between the three girls. Ji Won returned to Jeju and Kiyomi was back to her track as a model based in Korea.

 

 

But on the third day, Jaejoong decided to cut it out. He couldn’t hold it any longer so he cornered Mi Young while the maid was washing the dishes on the sink. He longingly embraced her like they haven’t seen each other for a year. Yes, three days of not talking to each other and Mi Young ignoring him felt like a whole year of coldness. The lady stiffened and widened her eyes in an instant, obviously surprised with what Jaejoong did.

“I won’t do it again so please stop it, talk to me. I’m dying to hear your voice.” He whispered and appealed while he buried his face on the crook of her neck. He acted like a kid once again but who cares? Nobody saw that side of him but her. He gave up. He can’t live without the lady on his arms so he had to do it. “Jaejoong-sshi, I’m washing the plates.” She said and forced herself to pull away from that hug. Her heart was so against it but her mind had to take over. Her answer was full of iciness and it surely made Jaejoong froze.  The use of formality only made it worst. “Please talk to me.” He once again held her tight, never wanting to let go like his dear life was defending on that embrace.

“Can’t you see that I’m working? This is what you want so please stay away. You’re distracting me.” Her voice lacked any feelings. It seemed like all the love she had for him was long gone and it scared the hell out of him. There was no warmth and the distantness that she showed was like a bomb that was dropped and made his already pierced heart into powder. Exaggerated but that was how he described it. He can barely handle it. He made up his mind to do whatever she asks and if she asks him to kneel in front of her just to have her to talk to him again, he will gladly do it, no questions asked. But Mi Young wasn’t that vindictive. Of course she can still forgive Jaejoong but at that time, she was still confused and needed more time. But the guy was more than desperate to fix their collapsing relationship. “We need to talk now. You don’t have to do anything. You just have to listen and I’m begging you.”

‘Just listen to him.’ Rei’s voice echoed on her mind. There was no harm in listening right? But Mi Young knew that once she agreed she wouldn’t have the courage to bring him down. She will surely let everything off without thinking. That‘s how she love Jaejoong but sometimes, guys really have to learn so she took a very deep breath and secretly hoped that her heart won’t betray her. “Two minutes.” She said nonchalantly. “You have two minutes to say whatever you want but don’t expect anything.” She warned.

And it was good news. Jaejoong reluctantly pulled himself away from that hug and held her hands firmly. His eyes were full of love. The same pair of eyes that lured Mi Young to give in to his love before but she had to be strong that time. Putting a blank expression was super hard but she was getting it slowly.

“I had to convince them that I am mad at you for them to leave you alone. I hate it but I need to do it because I know Ji Won will take you away for me. I won’t allow it so it was my only way to have you with me. I know I hurt you and I’m sorry.  Heaven knows that I would never do it if I have a choice but Mi Young I didn’t have any. You have to believe me.”  With each word, his hold was getting tighter and tighter but Mi Young didn’t complain. She loved it and instantly, the iciness broke but of course, she wasn’t that dumb anymore to let Jaejoong see it.  He had to learn his lesson.  It was one thing she learned from the DBSK ladies; never forgive the guys that easy.

“That’s it?” she said in utter disdain. “Can I continue washing the plates?” And the poor guy’s shoulder dropped in defeat. He didn’t know what to do anymore. She heard him but didn’t listen and that was his last cards. He badly wanted to cry but he forced his tears not to drop. He slowly turned his heel away from the kitchen and made his way to his room, slowly closing the door and resting his back of it. There, he allowed one tear to fall and covered his mouth with the back of his hand to muffle the sob that was breaking free. Damn it hurts. He finally felt it, the pain of being in love was happening to him. Was it the same kind of pain Rei Mi and Saki felt before? He couldn’t help but ask himself. It was actually beyond the boundaries of pain.  He finally found the meaning of his own words, love feels like heaven and hurts like hell. It was a first hand experience, a dreaded one.

Kiyomi turned his proposal down and left. He sulked but he didn’t feel that kind of pain. It was the first time and it was agonizing.

Kim Jaejoong fell and got hurt, finally.

 

 

 

Somewhere in Seoul.

“Naomi!” the model was about to step inside the elevator when a lady pushed her into it. “Who are you?” she started to panic when the lady pushed the button and made the elevator door closed.

“I can’t believe you’re that forgetful. We met three days ago. Han Ji Won, Mi Young’s sister, an enemy and a foe at the same time.” She smiled sweetly as Kiyomi recalled what happened and alas, she remembered her.

“What do you want from me?” she said bluntly and looked away, showing no interest. “Woah.” Ji Won acted surprised. “I never knew the Korea’s mother Teresa is hiding some feistiness. I like that.” She chuckled. Kiyomi knew that the girl was bad news but she gave her a chance to redeem herself despite the fact that her sister stabbed her in the back. Her soft heart was taking over; she might be different from her sister. Of course she was different because the lady in front of her was evil and she was oblivious to it.

“I have a schedule to follow so don’t waste my time.”

“Okay, okay.” She laughed at her. Obviously, there was nothing funny and Kiyomi was pissed. “You want your Jaejoong back right? I can help you.” That took her interest and Ji Won was more than happy, another fool to play with. “How?” Kiyomi asked but she was still skeptical.

“Simple. You need to beat Mi Young.”

“But I already did. Jaejoong is mad at her and there’s no way Mi Young can get out from the hell Jaejoong is giving.”

Ji Won smacked her forehead in frustration. “I can’t believe you actually fall from that trick. You think Jaejoong will really do what he said? Oh come! You need to be smarter than that! He loves my stupid sister so much so what he said was just a trick to lure us away and he was successful right? He fooled you but not me.” She said proudly.

Kiyomi went silent for a while, slowing taking in the information she got from the evil sister. She can’t believe that she actually fell for that trap. Her heart was too good enough to believe his words. “My sister turned Jaejoong into a liar so you really need to save him. I’m offering my help now for free.” Another fake concern.

“Then what?”  Kiyomi asked.  Ji Won gave a smirk, too fake and scary. “I will bring my sister back to where she belongs and you can have your Jaejoong back” She smiled but Kiyomi knew that it was far from friendly.

‘Then I will get him away from you stupid, ugly .’  Ji Won secretly laughed.

 

 

**********************************************

Hi everyone!!!!

 I’m back. Again, sorry for updating so late. I love the comments!!!

Woohoo!!! Keep them coming!!! I’m glad you love that chapter. Don’t worry more to come but we have to get rid of one of the girls first. (wink wink)

Replies….

@mieyLa

Hi there… this is not the right time yet. Our dear maknae will unleash his hidden power soon. So please be patient. Darating din tayo diyan…. ^^

@summer_heaven

Hello! I’m gad you like my fic… ^^ Thank you and don’t worry, Jaejoong didn’t believe her. This chapter said so… ^^ I’m planning to skin Ji won alive… joke. You think that was evil? You ain’t seen nothing yet. ^^ enjoy.

@lovkajaebling2    

Hi there. Our Jae didn’t believe her so you can relax now. Changmin was in this chapter but the fight wasn’t that intense as before because I’m saving him for some bigger and more serious fight against… guess who.. ahaha…  please enjoy this chapter. ^^

@xtinamaria

Don’t be mad dear. Changmin is her knight in shinning armor but he let it all pass this time but like the chapter said. It was the last time so expect some bloody fight from the soulfighter ^^

@HurricaneVenusx3

You are right! It was all an act. My readers are sooooooo smart! Thank you for your comment. Here’s an update… enjoy ^^

@koreankendi

Okay naba ang puso mo? Thank you for your comment ^^ nakakataba ng puso. I love your fic too. Please update soon ^^

@ChunNong12

Hi there ^^

 I let you with a spoiler. Ji Won will do something beyond imaginable. I’m sure my readers will hate me for it haha. I will hide after writing that chapter… thank you for commenting!!!!

@mydream_jae

Hello ^^

I love complications and there are more to come. Thank you for reading and commenting ^^ it really means a lot to me.

@Alzina

Hi chinggu^^

Mi Young will teach Jae a lesson. It took me a whole week to write that chapter and I’m glad you like it ^^ I will fix everything now so more complication can come… ohhh im such a bad girl ^^

 

 

 

Haha! I’m sooooo happy with your comments… please keep them coming!!!!!

 Thank you for waiting and I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter.

Don’t forget to comment. ^^

 

Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are loved!!!!

aejae22

BY FATE